Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stephen King's 'The Long Walk'

• 26-04-2018 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

At last, my favourite Stephen King story is set to see the light of day!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/stephen-kings-long-walk-works-at-new-line-1105541

Frank Darabont originally bought the rights, but sadly never did anything with it. It has now reportedly been picked up by New Line Cinema instead.

It's a shame Darabont didn't go ahead with it, as he has done incredible work with King adaptations in the past. Either way, I've been waiting a long time to see this story make it to the screen - I just hope they do it justice.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

that book is one that should transfer well to the screen, it's also one of my favourites of his

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great news. This is one of my favourite of King's novels also.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,449 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's a great book. Should make for a very good movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Herlihy82

My favorite of King's Bachman books. Hopefully it will see the light of day. Daramont would have been perfect. Hopefully they cast teenagers in keeping with the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Always hoped this would be made some day. I suspect what we'll get will be a lot different to the book though. Just cant see anyone making a faithful adaptation.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Absolutely love this book, but my main problem is that naturally the promotion of it as a movie would mean the early 'twist' would be completely lost and the plot laid bare from the get go.

Would nearly work better as an episode of something like 'Black Mirror' where you could catch audiences out easily.

Never forget that moment when I was younger reading the book and the creeping horror I felt when it dawned on me what the stakes really were!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

the ending of the book isn't really a film ending, though one of King's better endings, so I wonder would they change that too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

André Ovredal to direct:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/stephen-king-the-long-walk-new-line-movie-andre-ovredal-directing-1202620157/?fbclid=IwAR0jTbhiNtKG8GdgpCT8quF7vUnfPx2_Di8jxQVY0UFEctyxymgwg-jzJZ8

Bit of an unknown...hopefully he does a good job translating (imo) King's greatest story to the screen.

Advertisement