Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hilly routes in Kildare

• 24-04-2018 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Training for the Achill half and I am based in Naas which is quite flat. Does anyone know of any good hilly routes to train on? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Cupidstown Hill near Kilteel is Kildare's highest point. Border of Kildare, Dublin and Wicklow.

It's relatively hilly around there. A good strenuous workout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Perfect! Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Cupidstown Hill near Kilteel is Kildare's highest point. Border of Kildare, Dublin and Wicklow.

It's relatively hilly around there. A good strenuous workout

Though I still have to point out that those hills are nothing compared to what awaits in Achill ...

I'd take a trip to Wicklow or Dublin mountain if you want some actual hills, to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Are you looking for somewhere to do a Hill session or a hilly route for a Mid/Long run?

healy1835 wrote: »
    Are you looking for somewhere to do a Hill session or a hilly route for a Mid/Long run?

Hilly route. Know any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

martyoo wrote: »
    Hilly route. Know any?

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2505397615?share_unique_id=2

This route would take in a couple of decent climbs and hills. Back road from Newbridge to kilcullen, Kilcullen to the Curragh via Sunnyhill would have some rolling hills. Then two decent hills in the Camp and in Athgarvan. Not quite the Wicklow mountains but it would keep you interested.

healy1835 wrote: »
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2505397615?share_unique_id=2

This route would take in a couple of decent climbs and hills. Back road from Newbridge to kilcullen, Kilcullen to the Curragh via Sunnyhill would have some rolling hills. Then two decent hills in the Camp and in Athgarvan. Not quite the Wicklow mountains but it would keep you interested.

Cheers for that. Don't think I would make the same time! I will have to head to Wicklow at some stage but that will keep me going.

Advertisement