Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

8 team draft pay league - €50

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Are you suggesting the people at the bottom sell their premium strikers and midfielders for no other reason than to sabatoge the leaders and to help you get from third into the money places?!

I think this is exactly what he is suggesting. I wouldn’t condone this, I still think there is plenty of football to be played and deficits overhauled.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    The worst draft team ever

Foster
    Butland

Monreal
    Kolasinac
    Rudiger
    Walker
    Milner

KDB
    Salah
    Sterling
    Mata
    Ayew

Sturridge
    King
    Gayle

It’s a funny old game football.

It’s a funny old game football.

GK, Defenders and forwards contributed feck all.

Salah De Bruyne & Sterling my main lights and a couple nice punts.

The next 3 GW’s will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Are we ready to pay out on this?

Feels like it’s been over for quite a while now.

Would have very little interest in another draft league next season unless it was a H2H.

I can see it being more competitive in a H2H league but I don’t have lots of info to base that on.

I just looked through a few head to head leagues and I see some people with lower overall scores are still being competitive despite that.

• Advertisement

I actually enjoy the draft leagues but I do agree in that a H2H would be much more competitive/interest. 

I'm happy enough if people want to start paying out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I still haven’t given up on my 2% chance of catching the leader - I do have Harry Kane who’ll need 10+ goals in these last 5 games for golden boot so I won’t give up yet!

I still haven’t given up on my 2% chance of catching the leader - I do have Harry Kane who’ll need 10+ goals in these last 5 games for golden boot so I won’t give up yet!
    No I agree, with all your Utd players and Kane I was very weary of this GW. The first half was beyond anything I could of hoped for, the second is very important as I dont have many double playing players.

Exactly a 100 point lead going into the final 3 GW's.

With all those City players say it could be 200 by the end of the DGW in 37! Im 75 ahead of third but looking over my shoulder - Klopporamas team is full of Spurs and City.

Have to say I like the draft too - it does need improvements but regardless I would play again next year.

• Advertisement

With all those City players say it could be 200 by the end of the DGW in 37! Im 75 ahead of third but looking over my shoulder - Klopporamas team is full of Spurs and City.

Have to say I like the draft too - it does need improvements but regardless I would play again next year.
    Yes I was worried about City rotating come this time of year but with nothing left to play for and records to hit, they'll still play relatively strong lineups.
    Was thinking would you try consolidate or go all out attack with punty players. It's probably one or the other.

Definitely a few tweaks, definitely play again and would like to see how both a head-to-head and classic style leagues differ.

Yeah. I think in a H2H weekly transfers could really matter.

Not much point clawing back 6-8 points a week on a 100 point deficit but your transfers could make a weekly difference in a H2H.

I’ll be up for another draft league next season in a H2H format and maybe we can try and recruit 15-20 players in at €50 a head.

Yeah. I think in a H2H weekly transfers could really matter.

Not much point clawing back 6-8 points a week on a 100 point deficit but your transfers could make a weekly difference in a H2H.

I’ll be up for another draft league next season in a H2H format and maybe we can try and recruit 15-20 players in at €50 a head.
    This would be ideal numbers I think and there would be a number of differing strategies to play a H2H.

Would be interested to see what peoples scores would have been if the had kept the team they had originally picked for the season? Maybe we can post them up after games done on Sunday and see how important original draft was v weekly transactions.

Looked back on my history there and my hard luck stories are Coutinho who left and Arnie who I let go before he became a striker. But on flip side picked up Otamendi at start and Karius, Lingard & Valencia midway which improved me a bit.

Looking back at original it's mad when you look back at some of the players who were left til late - Sterling, De Gea, Son, Azpi were all pretty late picks, 5th round or later - to put in perspective 6 point Davy Klaasen was picked ahead of all of them!

I definitely think transactions help! 
    My GW1 team would be on 1600 where as my current team is on 1870

Team was

Foster

Walker Milner Kolasinac Monreal Rudiger

Salah KDB Sterling Mata

King

Subs: Butland Sturridge Gayle Andre Ayew

I recall be very limited with strikers and flirted with many different ones as the season went on based on form Perez, Wood, Lacazette, Welbeck, Austin
    Defensively then brought in some fringe players from Top 6 teams like Aurier and got Smalling at some stage
    Obviously my success came in Midfield where I had 3 ever presents and didnt need to rotate.

Well done all!! Hopefully we do again next year and also look at potential H2H style league.

Who did we pay again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ye paid me, so if you want to PM me either PayPal or account details I'll sort out payment this week

Advertisement