Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detroit: Become Human

• 24-04-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭

This is out 25th May, from David Cage, maker of Heavy Rain, another cinematic experience where you decide how the story unfolds.

Demo is out today on the PSN store. Really recommend it, thought it was great. Recorded my 1st playthrough, shocked by how it ended. You can find clues through investigation and chatting giving you more options when needed.

Lastly, when you finish the chapter (also in the full game) you can see all the different paths you could have taken, details hidden until you do them but you get an idea of the different ways it can go.
    I picked the sacrifice ending but I thought I would still make it out alive, didn't know it meant literally sacrifice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I seem to be in the minority of people who enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, so this is definitely on my to-do list

Probably won't be a day one purchase, but definitely one for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I just love the bat **** crazy stories that they put out and enjoyed them since Fahrenheit with its weird alien switcheroo ending to fighting evil Indian spirits in B:TS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Virtanen wrote: »
    I seem to be in the minority of people who enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, so this is definitely on my to-do list

Probably won't be a day one purchase, but definitely one for the future

They're in some trouble atm, suing the media in France.

If you like them kind of games then you should check out
    -Fahrenheit and Until Dawn.

I think you'd really like them. David Cage/Quantic Dream made Fahrenheit (Inidigo Prophecy in the US I think) back before Heavy Rain.

Heavy rain was ok until the end and the stupid story.
    Some funny youtube clips came out of it...1 got annoying as I had a few friends start messaging me constantly with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pretty linear level design wise is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They're in some trouble atm, suing the media in France.

Yeah, read about it on eurogamer yesterday. As far as I am concerned those political issues have nothing to do with the game and the two should be kept separate. Non-gaming issue.

Back to the game, haven't played a Quantic Dream game since fahrenheit. Really enjoyed the demo so I'll pick this one up as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I heard there's Alexa integration with this. It's in the demo. Anyone have both? I thought this was going to be a day 1 for me, but i'm not sure. It looks good, but I couldn't get around to finishing B:TS, and I never played through Heavy Rain/Fahrenheit more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

If you like them kind of games then you should check out
    -Fahrenheit and Until Dawn.

I think you'd really like them. David Cage/Quantic Dream made Fahrenheit (Inidigo Prophecy in the US I think) back before Heavy Rain.

Yep, I do indeed like that kind of game, so I've already played both of those as well :)

Never finished Fahrenheit, I gave up when I got to the 5-minute QTE scene in your man's apartment, IIRC. I do still have it on my PS4 though, so I might go back to it at some point

Until Dawn is a masterpiece. It didn't just replicate the QD formula, it vastly improved on it. It was the first PS4 game I played that actually felt "next-gen", not just a PS3 game with better graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Beyond: Two Souls is going to be on PS+ next month if anyone wants to dip their toe

Just noticed the demo for this on the PSN store. Nearly finished downloading !

Just finished the demo. It's the rooftop hostage one we've all seen.
    It's get clues, build a story..then confront him.
    I managed to save the girl and the snipers shot the guy.
    According to stats at the end 30% of people got that ending.

The game itself is ok, I chose the 'experienced' mode...but it was basically a batman 'detective mode' and scan all the clues then do an input like Heavy Rain.

I'd need to see some reviews before going all in on the game tbh.
    I can see there being some replay value to try different scenarios and chat options...especially if you had friends round.
    It's short enough that you could let each person try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,194 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just finished the demo. It's the rooftop hostage one we've all seen.
    It's get clues, build a story..then confront him.
    I managed to save the girl and the snipers shot the guy.
    According to stats at the end 30% of people got that ending.

The game itself is ok, I chose the 'experienced' mode...but it was basically a batman 'detective mode' and scan all the clues then do an input like Heavy Rain.

I'd need to see some reviews before going all in on the game tbh.
    I can see there being some replay value to try different scenarios and chat options...especially if you had friends round.
    It's short enough that you could let each person try it.

Yeah I'm going to let it lie for a few weeks and see what scores/reviews are like maybe two weeks on. I like the type and style of the game, but Heavy Rain, while enjoyable for the most part when playing it, really bugged me whenever I thought of it after.

Tie your own goddamn tie! You're the Police Chief for f*ck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Reviews are coming in and they seem mostly good so far.

Metacritic score is 81.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The reviews I trust have been middle of the road. They all mention that the terrible quantic dream writing is back. Interesting game just badly executed. Still ill pick it up cheap. They all say it's better than Beyond which was irredeemable ****e.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meh I'm not impressed, I'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

David Cage games are always really daft, poorly written, B-movie type nonsense that I can't help but like. I'll pick it up in five or six months when it's on sale for €20 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Played through it a bit, and I am enjoying it. The various criticism of Cages games are valid, and I enjoy them in spite of some of the silliness. I would love to see a better writer on a game with these production values.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started it today the 2 police missions are a massive highlight so far

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Started it today the 2 police missions are a massive highlight so far

Worth buying? The demo seems a bit boring, tempted to buy it all the same!

If the demo bored you , probably not because it's more of the same

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

If the demo bored you , probably not because it's more of the same

Shame as I had high hopes. Thanks man

• Advertisement

Like everyone's different but I'm loving it the story is enthralling very like i-robot and stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

Can't wait to play it! Looks like totally my cup of tea.

Finished it just now , absolutely loved the story way better than Heavy Rain or the other games they've made left me really wanting more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This game! The feels!

Bryan Dechart who voiced/acted Connor is streaming a playthrough on twitch:
    https://www.twitch.tv/bryandechart

• Registered Users Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Slydice wrote: »
    This game! The feels!

Bryan Dechart who voiced/acted Connor is streaming a playthrough on twitch:
    https://www.twitch.tv/bryandechart

I'm not a big fan of watching live streams but that looks really interesting, only watched a min as I want to play it at some point (hopefully soon). Apparent that guy was a big hype machine before release, kept pushing it and interacting with fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Unlikely I'll ever play it but would recommend playing it before watching any playthroughs.

There's so many choices to make and the feeling I get from streamers is that they feel better making their own first.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NineEggs

Going for 39.99 in Smyths for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Picked this up a few weeks ago when it was on sale on the Indonesian PSN store for €20 . Finished it a few days ago and definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Playing through this at the moment, only a few hours in but I think it's brilliant.

I was a big fan of Heavy Rain back in the day so this type of game is up my street.

Very engrossing story and the production values are top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 annaboniface55

Started it on the weekend, my favourite character is Kara! Kara and Alice are too cute

Advertisement