Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind turbine on M8 nr Cahir

• 22-04-2018 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

What's the purpose of this wind turbine, I wonder?

It's been there a long time, I think it predates the M8.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If it's the one I'm thinking of I'm fairly sure it's not a wind turbine. Possibly a pump or art piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Is it this one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4M8Yur00QI
    South Tipp Co Council Construct NRA Pilot Wind Turbine - Tipperary Energy Agency assisted by Arup Consulting Engineers procured this Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine of 11kW rating to alleviate the cost of lighting Junction 10 on the M8 in South Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

JohnC. wrote: »

Very good I should've guessed something to do with Tipp energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    If it's the one I'm thinking of I'm fairly sure it's not a wind turbine. Possibly a pump or art piece?

There's another one of the egg beater type vertical axis on the next junction up, I've never seen it working.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

hi5 wrote: »
    There's another one of the egg beater type vertical axis on the next junction up, I've never seen it working.

I seen the crow shredder spinning a few times passing before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement