Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW35 Captain?

Options
  • 19-04-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Mixing it up.

Beam me up Scotty.

GW35 Captain? 128 votes

Auba
    0% 0 votes
    Firmino
    9% 12 votes
    Jesus
    0% 1 vote
    Lacazette
    44% 57 votes
    Perez
    1% 2 votes
    Rodriguez
    0% 1 vote
    Salah
    0% 0 votes
    Sterling
    33% 43 votes
    Wood
    6% 8 votes
    Zaha
    0% 1 vote
    Other
    2% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

On Salah at the moment but with doubts over his start it may have to go on a City player. Then I'd worry about how much they've been celebrating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm considering Zaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Did someone say PVA? :pac:

clinton-and-obama.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

The big man himself JESUS in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its currently on Jesus, if it wasn't for the Aguero injury, I would be sweating it over Pep and rotation, and seriously considering Salah, even though I am still considering him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Strongly considering KDB.

City's best player this season in their title victory-lap. He's had multiple blanks (2+ gameweeks with 3 points or less) in a row recently though, which amazingly hadn't happened with him since GW4 this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Early days but it's looking like a face-off between Jesus and Muhammad :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

manual_man wrote: »
    Early days but it's looking like a face-off between Jesus and Muhammad :pac::pac::pac:

Same but dance-off instead of face-off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

The Prophet for now but might bring in Jesus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Free hit week
    Pope
    VVD tarkowski lascelles
    Salah zaha sterling mane sane
    Lacazette jesus

Think auba wont play for arsenal.... although i think with the news of wenger packing it in i would expect arsenal fans to get behind the team and they will go good until the end of the season.
    Jesus to captain as i think he really wants to score a few before the world cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jesus will rise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Why wouldnt Aubamyang start?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChrisWeiland

Wenger might want to trial run his starting 11 for next Thursdays semi final and Auba is cup tied

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've decided to place my faith in Jesus, given Salah's possibility of rotation. That's three City attackers plus captain, really setting me up for a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

In keeping with the terrible pun/joke trend of this week

Q. What was the first mention of football in the Bible?

A. Jesus going up for the cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was set on Jesus but now Salah looks like he'll start...what to do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Jesus for me. More likely to play 90 than Salah. Also, WBA were very good in their last game. They might frustrate Liverpool. City I think will be all out attack as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

448748.png
    Many apologies but I think we've been here before.

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is one of the bigger conundrums this season. There are so many reasons not to look at Salah this week. But he is Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Wenger might want to trial run his starting 11 for next Thursdays semi final and Auba is cup tied

I don't really see the logic in this, let's say he does this and lacazette gets injured - what then?

I think Auba is a dead cert to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't really see the logic in this, let's say he does this and lacazette gets injured - what then?

100% correct. Spent too much money in January buying a European Cup tied striker not to play him in league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

If Firmino is not starting it could have an effect on Salah haul.

Sticking with Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ace2007 wrote: »

Ssssssh. Let them put in Lacazzette.
    Big fat zero......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Screw it! I'm going to live dangerously and throw it on Zaha! He was my initial consideration before Salah and Jesus came into my head.

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah...

I'm not overly enthused by the leaked line-up but Liverpool still need a couple of results so not expecting a dip in performance and West Broms new manager bounce can't last forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Was thinking Jesus was the safe option, but with the Wenger announcement I actually expect Arsenal to put in a big end to the season starting this weekend. So I'm thinking Auba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is a very tough call as someone with no Fh and who also made major ground last week
    Only 4 gameweeks left to try and finish the job
    But is not captaining salah too much risk for possibly too little reward
    Other candidate is sterling (or Jesus )
    And that thought scares me

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

48k OR rank
    Need to catch the 3 ahead of me who are 20-40 points ahead
    Going to go with my initial gut feeling
    Sterling (gulp). Salah vc

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote:
    Screw it! I'm going to live dangerously and throw it on Zaha! He was my initial consideration before Salah and Jesus came into my head.

Back to Salah again......because I'm a f***ing chickensh*t.

Advertisement