Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Love, Simon

Options
  • 09-04-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Don't think there's a thread for this yet- anyone see it? Thoroughly enjoyed it, myself. Nice spin on a familiar story, very entertaining and really well acted. Seems to be getting favourable reviews from most places, and deservedly so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I thought it was okay but tbh it felt very dated.

It was like they found this script from the 80's that should have been made but wasn't and just freshened it up (a little) so it could be made (and set) today.

Enjoyed it overall though, even if it was a little too saccharine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I enjoyed it very much. It's fairly predictable, but otherwise a sweet little movie.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Saw it tonight, liked it a lot. Not hugely original, but coming out today is still a big deal for a lot of people, so it's still relevant. It did get a little too sickly sweet towards the end, but overall I'd still give it 8/10. And I loved the father
    wanting to set up a Grindr profile with his son
    :pac: Great cast also!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I loved it! Certainly did have a John Hughes vibe to it but so what? Felt like it was just the first of many times I'd see this film.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

This was screened on Film4 on Valentine's night, watched the recording last night. Holds up really well on a repeat viewing, in fact I think I liked it even more. Brilliant film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Just saw it. Brilliant film.

Advertisement