Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Money Heist / La casa de papel/Korea/Berlin [Netflix]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Tried watching the first episode but the subtitles flew by. Made them very hard to read they went away so fast and ruined the enjoyment of it for me so I turned it off. Never experienced that with other subtitles shows before but then again never watched a Spanish one either. May be related to how fast they talk. May give it another go another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Finished it the other night and really wanted to start series two!
    It is very enjoyable if a bit clunky and flawed. Your suspension of disbelief has to be in full working order.
    Anyone know when series 2 will land?

Ludo wrote: »
    Tried watching the first episode but the subtitles flew by. Made them very hard to read they went away so fast and ruined the enjoyment of it for me so I turned it off. Never experienced that with other subtitles shows before but then again never watched a Spanish one either. May be related to how fast they talk. May give it another go another time.

mmm - maybe they don't remain on the screen that long compared to normally - didn't really notice it until now but I guess that it doesn't bother me.
    I've always been a quick reader!

Finished it the other night and really wanted to start series two!
    It is very enjoyable if a bit clunky and flawed. Your suspension of disbelief has to be in full working order.
    Anyone know when series 2 will land?

yeah a bit too much romance / relationship stuff going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have just finished it and according to IMDB there is an episode 14 + 15.
    But i found out why that is.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/la-casa-de-papel-or-%E2%80%9Cmoney-heist%E2%80%9D-ot-what-was-missing-from-netflix%E2%80%99s-death-note.25809/
    When is the second season coming?
    So yeah, the second season already exists! La Casa de Papel aired fully in Spain last year. Netflix’s version of the second season is going to be released on April 6 .

What do you mean by “Netflix’s version”?
    Netflix bought the international streaming rights and actually re-cut the show: there’s no missing content, but what was originally a show with a single season of 15 episodes (divided in two parts) with 70 minutes each became a two-season show with episodes that range from 44 to 50 minutes. The first season on Netflix is 13 episodes, but I haven't done the math to know how many the second one will have.

What this means is that episode 14 and 15 are not missing. I’ve seen people confused when they look at the original episode listing online.

The 2nd season is available on Netflix Spain now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

We just watched this tonight - two episodes.

Definitely one of the better shows. Looking forward to two more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Suckit wrote: »

No subtitles though, I presume?
    Didn't feel right the way the season ended without knowing what happened in the key event. Your explanation makes sense of it now. Netflix trying to eek as much as they can out of it.

No subtitles though, I presume?
    Didn't feel right the way the season ended without knowing what happened in the key event. Your explanation makes sense of it now. Netflix trying to eek as much as they can out of it.

Yep, it does have subtitles afaik. I haven't yet checked, too late for me to be starting another episode tonight :)

I started watching it. It starts numbered S01E10 (Season 1 Episode 10) but starts with a recap of the story up to episode 13.

These episodes are a lot longer, and the first one is frustratingly gripping..
    I can not think of another way to describe it. I just wanted to fast forward the whole way through to find out what happened next.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Just watched Season 1. It's brilliant. Well worth a watch.

• Advertisement

I have finished the 2nd last episode of season 2. Was going to watch the last one tonight but was unable. Looking forward to watching it tomorrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Great show once you let the absolutely ridiculous take over your mind. Some outrageous plot lines.

As a native Spanish speaker. The subtitles are some of the worst I've ever come across. They're terrible. Watched with wifey and I had to pause at times and explain a bit further because what was on screen was plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Started it this week, it caught my eye when Netflix had the Spanish name for it, changing it to "Money Heist" was a terrible idea.

Interesting to learn it's apparently reedited to make it into shorter episodes but more of them. I hadn't noticed it being edited poorly that way, I'll need to find the original cuts sometime to comapre.

It's great, anyway. It borrows the OITNB/Lost flashback formula well while being a thriller instead of being as sedate as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

yeah it was ok just, am I interested in going through all of s2 to find out
    that they still haven't left the building though
    ? probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iancm25

Loved the first season despite several story lines that stretch credibility to breaking point. As has been mentioned before, they borrow the flashback idea from Lost to good effect.

Second series not as good so far (at episode 4) but still watchable. Can’t see it lasting beyond 2 seasons.

iancm25 wrote: »
    Loved the first season despite several story lines that stretch credibility to breaking point. As has been mentioned before, they borrow the flashback idea from Lost to good effect.

Second series not as good so far (at episode 4) but still watchable. Can’t see it lasting beyond 2 seasons.

I've finished it. It is very far fetched, but entertaining.
    Unless the netflix episodes are completely different
    there won't be another season. Unless they start a new story with the same characters in South America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I enjoyed the first series but lost all interest in series two, it just got boring and a bit too ridiculous. I found myself skipping forward just to see how it ended
    and the ending was terrible

The most ridiculous thing though was
    when Tokyo on the motorbike managed to avoid getting hit by a bullet from probably 50 or so of Spain's top marksmen

The most ridiculous thing though was

Yes, that was completely. Everything about it. But I think as somebody mentioned earlier, if you have your absolutely ridiculous hat on, then you may enjoy it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

La Casa de Papel is the most watched non-english-language series on Netflix ever, according to their latest shareholder financial quarter statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stunmer

What is the best way to watch this show?

Started watching first episode on Apple TV with dubbed English and it sounded terrible. Changed to Spanish with english subtitles which was difficult enough to read but made it much better.

Is this the way everyone else is watching it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah Spanish with subtitles for me. I avoid dubbing wherever possible.

i watched it with subs too. The Netflix subs were a bit annoying moving top to bottom depending on the lighntess of the area. But available subs on opensubtitles.org

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was waiting until I wasn't distracted with work and had a bit of free time to get stuck in to this, and watched both seasons over the past few days. Absolutely loved it, I was invested in all of the characters and even though some of the plot points were a bit over the top at times, I was along for the ride and enjoyed every minute.

Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao! Ciao! Ciao!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bainneban

Was waiting until I wasn't distracted with work and had a bit of free time to get stuck in to this, and watched both seasons over the past few days. Absolutely loved it, I was invested in all of the characters and even though some of the plot points were a bit over the top at times, I was along for the ride and enjoyed every minute.

Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao! Ciao! Ciao!

Really interesting actors. Fantastic show. I'm looking forward to S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

It's a bit silly, but it has what you want in a heist story, which is a battle of wits between the robbers and the police, some clever escapes, a few twists.

In regards to the ending of Season 3:

**Finally** they killed somebody. How can they possibly expect to have credibility if they don't kill any cops or hostages? For three seasons, the cops have been taking pot-shots at them whenever they get the chance, regardless of the fact that the robbers have dozens of hostages they could be hurting or killing.

Finished Season 3 last night - not as amazing as the first 2 seasons, but still pretty damn great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

So we have to wait 12 months for the next episode!!!????

Arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

watched all three season over the past week
    loved it

Advertisement