Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper Festival 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,544 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just got line up
    Sister sledge. Heather small. Rudimental. Basement Jax. King Kong Company.

Is that the full weekend or just 1 night ??

Knw a few by name but don't knw many of there songs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭914

Friday sister sledge
    Saturday basement jaxx
    Sunday Rudimental

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

that is quite an improvement on previous lineups

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

that is quite an improvement on previous lineups

Really ?

Sister Sledge ?!?!

still room for UB40 ........... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Gardner

914 wrote: »
    Friday sister sledge
    Saturday basement jaxx
    Sunday Rudimental

shocking headliners :D:D

basement jaxx are the only decent band.

wont be purchasing unless there is a decent line up supporting basement jaxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Mc Pat Flynn, wow what a lineup :o

Gardner wrote: »
    shocking headliners :D:D

basement jaxx are the only decent band.

wont be purchasing unless there is a decent line up supporting basement jaxx

oh wait i take that back i just checked the website...... king kong company and jenny greene. i wont be purchasing!

Sunday line up is some craic. somewhere in between Rudimental and smash hits they have advertised a "very special guest" so my bet is Rick Whelan :D:D

when you see tribute bands in your top 3 artists of the day you know this festival is ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Absolutely hyped for this lineup.

Just bought tickets for the Saturday only. Can't afford the whole weekend, (already going to ATN) but would love to be able to.

Went to the first couple of years of Daytripper, but not last year as I thought the lineup was a bit lack lustre.

This is amazing though. Fair play to the organisers. Will be great to see Waterford become a destination for concert goers. It was always a great town for live music back in the day, so hoping this is the start of good things for the Deise.

None of those acts are my cup of tea but there decent if ur into that kind of music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭dzilla

Be some scumbags at that

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

greenspurs wrote: »
    Really ?

Sister Sledge ?!?!

still room for UB40 ........... :rolleyes:

yes - its infinitely better than an annual appearance from UB40 and a wedding band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Hoboo

dzilla wrote: »
    Be some scumbags at that

Yeah, some. Its not Coachella. Not a fraction of what now goes to EP. Id say you'll get a **** load of decent late 30's early 40's festival stalwarts.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Its not Coachella.

Yeah I know, its in a sh1tty carpark in Waterford, no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yeah I know, its in a sh1tty carpark in Waterford, no comparison.

I was referring to the expected punters, not the venue.

We are family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Be some scumbags at that

Yeh better off calling it off and not organizing anything ever again because of those pesky scumbags.

debok wrote: »
    Yeh better off calling it off and not organizing anything ever again because of those pesky scumbags.

Yeh, good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Sister sledge....that's brilliant.as always, daytripper is a great night out even if none of the acts are the oft quoted on here 'my type of music'.haven't missed a year yet so delighted they came up with an act anyone (maybe a bit older) into music can have a great night out, few beers, listen to some decent music, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Pity MC Pat Flynn isn't headlining. I think he's a wonderful musician. Gifted. His music fills me with such intense emotion. Such endearing tunes that remind me of past rendezvous with girls such as "Get on ur knee" a song which encourages all the young people to fall to their knees in prayer at veneration of our Lord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Flow Motion

Not interested in any of the bands but 46euro a ticket per day is a bit steep IMO. ATN was 129eur for a "proper" three day festival. Also I think advertising Basement Jaxx is a bit misleading especially when it seem to be only a "DJ" slot. Acts like 'Smash Hits' and 'Mack Fleetwood' belong in dancehalls, discos or @ weddings.

If you are gonna organise something like this than make one day for the younger crowd, one day for the indie kids/musos and the 3rd day for the more mature set. Simple. And there is enough decent acts out there to compile a pretty good line up.

Not interested in any of the bands but 46euro a ticket per day is a bit steep IMO. ATN was 129eur for a "proper" three day festival. Also I think advertising Basement Jaxx is a bit misleading especially when it seem to be only a "DJ" slot. Acts like 'Smash Hits' and 'Mack Fleetwood' belong in dancehalls, discos or @ weddings.

If you are gonna organise something like this than make one day for the younger crowd, one day for the indie kids/musos and the 3rd day for the more mature set. Simple. And there is enough decent acts out there to compile a pretty good line up.

The Sunday will do well cause there in with the masons/foundry crowd

Saturday for nostalgia as i think basement jaxx were 90s.

Friday for the older crowd

Not a big fan of having cover bands high up the bill but they will get the crowd going. It's another get thing for the city giving it's in the centre and near the pubs. Didn't go since 2015 as acts didnt interest me same with this year. Hopefully we get some better acts in the next few years.

Madness the first year was pretty good and the place was hoping

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Sunday will do well cause there in with the masons/foundry crowd

You'd be doing well to get a masons/foundry crowd as both places are closed!

914 wrote: »
    You'd be doing well to get a masons/foundry crowd as both places are closed!

You knw what I mean

So is project Waterford the place to go too for all the banger DJ ****e nowadays ???

**** We really have **** places in Waterford

PTH2009 wrote: »
    You knw what I mean

So is project Waterford the place to go too for all the banger DJ ****e nowadays ???

**** We really have **** places in Waterford

I know what you mean.

Don't know I'm not cool enough to go to banger dj's!

Awful to see two prominent buildings closed. Anyhow hoping daytripper get a good crowd, the more events on in waterford the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Flow Motion

Anyone else think that the Foundry venue would make a good live music venue if it was rejigged? Its in the centre of town close to the pubs etc.

Anyone else think that the Foundry venue would make a good live music venue if it was rejigged? Its in the centre of town close to the pubs etc.

Be a great place for it. Something like Vicar St and the Tivoli in Dublin

Its a pity the forum venue closed, was a great place for gigs

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Yes, definitely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Isnt it opening back up as factory nightclub?

Advertisement