Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mechanic around city

Options
  • 09-04-2018 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Previous thread hadn't had a post in 5 years. Looking for any recommendations for mechanic around the city. Would prefer to hear real recommendations rather than pick a random garage off Google. Car is a VW if it makes any difference. Breaks feel a bit different so want to get them checked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

BamesJond wrote: »
    Previous thread hadn't had a post in 5 years. Looking for any recommendations for mechanic around the city. Would prefer to hear real recommendations rather than pick a random garage off Google. Car is a VW if it makes any difference. Breaks feel a bit different so want to get them checked.

joe hegarty

https://www.goldenpages.ie/hegarty-doherty-waterford-D919/

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Where do you live/work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Derek Carey Motors the glen.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Wanderer78 wrote:
    joe hegarty

+1 on this. Fantastic with VWs, wouldn't go past him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Is he cheap?

I found him very cheap, but to be fair, the going rate is about 35 an hour, I really don't like this idea of cheap, it's not cheap to run a business in Ireland, lads need to be paid, and taxes paid etc. I found Joe extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and done a great job, after that, I would even dream of haggling with him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Gardner

think the guys name is Denis Hegarty who has been there 30+ years. Joe Whelan is the mid aged mechanic. open to correction but im 95% certain and have used them several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Derek Carey Motors the glen.

+1 On this. All decent lads in there. However, he's actually in Thomas Street, not The Glen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

+1 On this. All decent lads in there. However, he's actually in Thomas Street, not The Glen.

Apologies, yep all decent lads is right. Will always go out of their way for you and look after you financially. Dealing with the lads in there years and they have never left me down.

Advertisement