Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sellers accepting Bitcoin etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I see some cars advertised on Donedeal accepting crypto too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Marvin.ie accept bitcoin for years now but a sticky we could add too would be a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Marvin.ie accept bitcoin for years now but a sticky we could add too would be a great idea
    Not nowadays.
    Marvin.ie wrote:
    Can I use Bitcoin to pay for my order?
    At present, Bitcoin is currently suspended as a payment method. Due to the wild fluctuations in valuations at present, it is very difficult for merchants to capture correct amounts and is leading to hung transactions. Until our partner Coinify are able to find a solution, or the fluctuations subside, it will be on hold as a payment option.
    If the fluctuation is what's putting them off they have no business accepting any crypto really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

https://www.facebook.com/crypyocafedublin/

New crypto cafe opening up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Purse.io

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

In case anyone hasn't seen it before theirs a decent list here: https://99bitcoins.com/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-companies-stores-take-bitcoins/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I see some cars advertised on Donedeal accepting crypto too.

How do buyer and seller agree a price with the fluctuations?

In the not to distant past it's been known to drop up to 10% in an hour. On a 15k car, that's 1.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    How do buyer and seller agree a price with the fluctuations?

In the not to distant past it's been known to drop up to 10% in an hour. On a 15k car, that's 1.5k.

I guess they just use something like Preev.com to get the current market rate but obviously it's high risk taking payment in BTC. Anyone who's accepting it would believe in its future potential so would be willing to take that risk and looking at the long term outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I know of a man who makes a fortune buying illegal things off the dark web with Bitcoin and selling them on

Advertisement