Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Job Evaluation

• 26-07-2017 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Has anyone completed the job evaluation application for the HSE clerical grades III to VI?

Just looking at it and its 20 pages long and seems to have to be signed off by everyone and their grannies before it can even be submitted.

Everytime I go to get started filling it in the sheer volume of info needed puts me off - maybe that's the idea!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nonni71

Hi can someone be so kind and to tel me how can I apply for a clerical officer job with Hse/ saolta. I am on public jobs.ie but did not get any email I know the campaign for 2017 is complete I think anyone with any info on this u would appreciate . Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

HSE jobs are advertised on the HBS Recruitment website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

A family member filled it out. Took about 6 weeks just doing bits and pieces. It doesn't seem to be something you can just do quickly. They submitted it months ago and I don't think they heard anything back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

red ears wrote: »
    A family member filled it out. Took about 6 weeks just doing bits and pieces. It doesn't seem to be something you can just do quickly. They submitted it months ago and I don't think they heard anything back yet.

I believe it's currently on hold but those who have already submitted it will be the first to be reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Donnachain1

Hi Everyone, It took me about 9 months on and off to get mine complete. They were sent to Naas about 4 months ago and not a dicky bird since. I have sent numerous emails to the job evaluation email and they are so vague. They will not tell me how the process is being run or how they will manage the forms that they have received already. Very frustrating.

It is just an email. No names and no phone number. The unions are obviously sitting on their hands because they havent chased it up.

Dovies it is a nightmare of a form to complete I think that is their aim though to turn people off it so they wont have to deal with them!!
    That is why it took me so long to do it I did a small section at a time. do the easy bits first and come back to it again to add more.

The world and its mother needs to sign it then to prove you do what you say you do. very tough form. I think anyone who completes it deserves an upgrade lol

• Advertisement

Yep I keep looking at it and closing it down! My manager has no problem signing it but it's when it goes higher up that the wheels are going to fall off. That person is definitely going to leave it in their 'to do at some point' pile!!

Sure stick it in if you are entitled to the upgrade why wouldnt you go for it. Even if you chip away at it a bit at a time.

Sure stick it in if you are entitled to the upgrade why wouldnt you go for it. Even if you chip away at it a bit at a time.

Oh I'm definitely entitled. Already doing stuff at grade 5 level!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

I've applied also almost a year ago from the South Dublin area. Has anyone around the country received notice that they were upgraded yet? Curious to know if it's just Dublin applications that are slow or all over? TAH!

Braids wrote: »
    I've applied also almost a year ago from the South Dublin area. Has anyone around the country received notice that they were upgraded yet? Curious to know if it's just Dublin applications that are slow or all over? TAH!

Hey Braids, Mine went in 7 months ago and still nothing! I'm starting to get peed off now to be honest. When u email the job eval email they are so vague and tell u nothing. Don't even know what process they are following. Is it first come first deal with. Have they different evaluators for different areas who know cause they tell us nothing. Do u know many people from it off who have applied.

• Advertisement

Our HR dept said that it was still on hold. No forms are currently being evaluated - that is why they are being so vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Braids wrote: »

Don't have any news either. Have you been in contact with your Branch Rep? Anyone else still waiting out there?! Any results Galway? Clare) Limerick Laois outside Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ribbonss

Just wondering if anyone has got any information since on the delightful form!!? It's a joke that nothing is being done yet ..it's like the applications have just vanished!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Siobhan888

[quotei="Braids;105822651"]Don't have any news either. Have you been in contact with your Branch Rep? Anyone else still waiting out there?! Any results Galway? Clare) Limerick Laois outside Dublin?[/quote]no response in Longford Westmeath area

has anyone had an interview in Longford Westmeath area?

Havent heard a thing. Beyond a joke at this stage tbh! Unions dont seem to give a crap as they arent doing anything. People need to start complaining to management and their unions. One of my managers said it could be nother year before we hear. :(

Unions have no interest in it. Have tried to get them in but they are too busy! However when another department calls them, not clerical, they can't come in fast enough!

Youre so right Dovies. I feel like it was any other grade of staff there would be war over it. So frustrating. Alot of ppl nesd to make a fuss for them to care. It is such a sham. :(

Such a sham it makes my blood boil covering a higher grade since a retirement in our office 4 years ago and still no recognition for it...no job satisfaction whatsoever.
    Has anyone tried to email them or is it a waste of time?

Email the only way it will move any faster is if people start asking why is nothing happening. They do answer. They are looking at clerical officers first so if ur a 4 or 5 and put ur application in 2 years ago and a 3 puts it in today they will be seen before u. As there is no closing date the 3s will go on forever.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Donnachain...they are going to be getting a lot of weekly emails from me from now on.

Email the only way it will move any faster is if people start asking why is nothing happening. They do answer. They are looking at clerical officers first so if ur a 4 or 5 and put ur application in 2 years ago and a 3 puts it in today they will be seen before u. As there is no closing date the 3s will go on forever.
    Problem here is we can't get it past our HR department :(

Dovies wrote: »
    Problem here is we can't get it past our HR department :(

You cant be serious why not?

You cant be serious why not?
    As far as we can tell any that have been submitted to them are still sitting there as the process is 'on hold'. They don't want to have to upgrade us and pay more out of their budget

As far as we can tell any that have been submitted to them are still sitting there as the process is 'on hold'. They don't want to have to upgrade us and pay more out of their budget

Get on to the Unions thats madness.

Its complete madness- Job Evaluation are the new buzz words thrown around by management as the only way to get recognition yet job evaluation isint even happening!

It would be great to hear of at least one grade 111 who got their permanent IV via the job evaluation scheme recently

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

Remeber guys it's the post that they are evaluating not the person.. you may end up having to apply for the job you are already g doing when they regularise the post.

Started filling it in - the layout is pants though. Whatever way its set up the boxes just aren't easy to fill in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jules_G

Started filling it in - the layout is pants though. Whatever way its set up the boxes just aren't easy to fill in

Where can I get the form? Can someone post a link to it please as I can't seem to find it

Advertisement