Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pale's classic debut available at last

Options
  • 08-04-2018 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭

The Pale's debut album 'Here's One We Made Earlier' is in my humble opinion one of the finest Irish albums ever to be released. I remember losing this tape back in the 90's and spending the next ten years searching for a copy to replace it. It proved impossible with the album no longer available to buy. Can't remember why but I have vague memories of the guy in HMV telling me that the record company had decided not to print any more copies of the album.

Last week after twenty something years the album was finally re-released on vinyl and digital. It's just as good as I remembered and well worth checking out if you haven't heard it. Most people will probably know Butterfly and Dog with no tail but there plenty more cracking tunes to be found on this absolute classic album. Go listen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Butterfly is a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

These guys are still doing the live circuit. I keep missing them. As far as I know they play The Voodoo Lounge every so often. I remember when they first came on the scene when I was in college. I never actually bought any of their albums. I used to (and still do) love Butterfly. Great song. And there's a good clip of them on youtube on THe Late Late Show, with Uncle Gaybo introducing them - comparing Devereaux to Sinead O'COnnor. Good performance of Butterfly too.
    Also love the song Shut Up Venus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Great heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sharktopus

One of the greatest and definitely the most underrated bands we have ever produced. Great to have this album back in circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

https://www.discogs.com/artist/626736-The-Pale

Discogs is your friend if you're looking for anything rare.

Got the original versions of Whipping Boy's 'Submarine' and 'Heartworm' on vinyl there a few months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

https://www.discogs.com/artist/626736-The-Pale

Discogs is your friend if you're looking for anything rare.

Got the original versions of Whipping Boy's 'Submarine' and 'Heartworm' on vinyl there a few months back.

I bought the two Whipping Boy albums on vinyl when they came out but recently wanted a CD copy of Submarine for the car - took ages for one to appear on Discogs. Likewise for the first Into Paradise album. The CD sales at the time were seriously low, hence the lack of used copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Submarine is seriously underrated as well - real visceral sound to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Great live act then - saw them a dozen times between 1990 and 1992. I'd like to see a CD release of the first two 12"s and the Sweet Mangled Thing cassette.

One thing that bugs me - Twinkle is used on a fair few compilations but it's always the album version rather than the shorter radio edit.

Advertisement