Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster V Racing 92 travel thread

• 09-04-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thought I'd start a thread for anyone thinking of making, or has already made plans to travel to Bordaeux for the Munster V Racing 92 Champions Cup qauter final game on Sunday the 22nd April.

My plans are:
    Catching the ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg on the Friday, driving from Cherbourg to Bordeaux and all going to plan arriving on the Saturday evening.

Then returning by ferry on the Tuesday night, cost for ferry, accomodation, and tickets is coming in around €320 for the few days.

Seems alot cheaper than the €450+ for the day returns offered by the travel companies (and that's without a match ticket!).

What is everyones plans? How many supported do we think will be in the stadium?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Fly to Paris Friday
    Bus to Bordeaux then
    Flight bus hotel and tickets worked out about 355 return!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Keep an eye on OUIGO.com for cheap trains between Paris and Bordeaux.
    If they're not on strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭davo2001

Keep an eye on OUIGO.com for cheap trains between Paris and Bordeaux.
    If they're not on strike.

That's the thing with the French, they love a good strike, it might hamper many the plans for a Munster support, hence why I decided to drive.

davo2001 wrote: »
    That's the thing with the French, they love a good strike, it might hamper many the plans for a Munster support, hence why I decided to drive.

Pray the lorry drivers don't go on strike then.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Scythica

Try and get some time in Bordeaux itself, beautiful place.

Airport is super easy to get too as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭dubal

Scythica wrote: »
    Try and get some time in Bordeaux itself, beautiful place.

Airport is super easy to get too as well

Speaking of airport, get the bus, MUCH cheaper.

If you're in a hurry, you can drop off half way and jump on the luas.

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

dubal wrote: »
    Speaking of airport, get the bus, MUCH cheaper.

If you're in a hurry, you can drop off half way and jump on the luas.

Dubal

In fairness, the luas over there is very cheap if I remember correctly. Far cheaper than in Dublin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Small thing, but Luas doesn't exist outside of Dublin. It's the name of the tram system in Dublin, not the name of all trams. I also notice a lot of people referring to police as guards when abroad. Is it an Irish thing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm heading over on the day trip charter from Shannon, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Fair warning to anyone traveling out of cork airport Sunday morning for the match. It will be crazy busy getting through security. Get there early

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I will be in London that weekend. Abandoning Arsenal to
    Fly from STN to BOD early Sunday morning, and got a cheap fight BOD to DUB Sun night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Try_harder wrote: »
    I will be in London that weekend. Abandoning Arsenal to
    Fly from STN to BOD early Sunday morning, and got a cheap fight BOD to DUB Sun night

Think I'll be on that Stansted to Bod flight. Flying from Dublin to Stansted before it so cutting it a bit fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

cork London Saturday morning then Eurostar from st pancreas to Bordeaux - returning after the match

kooga wrote: »
    cork London Saturday morning then Eurostar from st pancreas to Bordeaux - returning after the match

Should be a gland ould trip

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Small thing, but Luas doesn't exist outside of Dublin. It's the name of the tram system in Dublin, not the name of all trams. I also notice a lot of people referring to police as guards when abroad. Is it an Irish thing?

And Irish people calling all 4x4s a Jeep - does my nut in, maybe this is for the venting thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

People who aren't ready when they get to the counter in airport security.

Are you ****ing serious, we've been queuing for like 20 minutes. They're gonna ask for your belt and jacket. So empty the **** from your jeans pockets into your jacket pocket. Maybe now is a good time to visualise where your liquids are - oh you put them at the bottom of your massive carry on back full of non folded clothing, you're a ****ing pro - cool, just open that bag there taking up all the space on the small table that we literally all need to use. Yes, deodrant, that is also a liquid and is going to need a plastic.

Ffffuuuccckkkk

The folks who work at airport security must have amazing patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

errlloyd wrote: »

Are you ****ing serious, we've been queuing for like 20 minutes. They're gonna ask for your belt and jacket. So empty the **** from your jeans pockets into your jacket pocket. Maybe now is a good time to visualise where your liquids are - oh you put them at the bottom of your massive carry on back full of non folded clothing, you're a ****ing pro - cool, just open that bag there taking up all the space on the small table that we literally all need to use. Yes, deodrant, that is also a liquid and is going to need a plastic.

Ffffuuuccckkkk

We don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Small thing, but Luas doesn't exist outside of Dublin.

funnily enough the tram in Bordeaux is the exact same as the Luas as made by same company

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Riskymove wrote: »
    funnily enough the tram in Bordeaux is the exact same as the Luas as made by same company

They're made by Alstom which is based in France. Rake of European cities have them including the majority of French cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Buer wrote: »
    They're made by Alstom which is based in France. Rake of European cities have them including the majority of French cities.

similar issues I guess

870x489_16113089_1322498584440212_7661841863047100460_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Riskymove wrote: »

Still ain't the Luas though, and you'll get funny looks from the locals if you ask where there nearest Luas stop is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

errlloyd wrote: »

Ffffuuuccckkkk

Have you ever been to Dublin Airport - they dont have any patience there. They will literally throw your sh!t away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Still ain't the Luas though, and you'll get funny looks from the locals if you ask where there nearest Luas stop is.
    You'd never mistake them for the Luas to be fair. Much prettier livery. :)

107.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone staying over Sunday night? Flying out that morning and staying that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭davo2001

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone staying over Sunday night? Flying out that morning and staying that night.

Yeah, not heading back till Tuesday, getting the ferry to Cherbourg tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Eod100 wrote:

Yes. Flying to Gatwick Monday morning, then Hetahrow to Shannon Monday evening.

Eod100 wrote: »

Flying back Monday evening from Paris,
    Bus from Bordeaux at 9am..

Could be a very long bus!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Flying back Monday evening from Paris,
    Bus from Bordeaux at 9am..

Could be a very long bus!

Bus! That's gotta be about a 9 hour drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Zzippy wrote: »

Early in the morning. In the heat. With a hangover (probably).

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »

8 45 to be precise!
    Doing it tomorrow to get down and then again Monday..

And yes in heat with a hangover.. it's not going to be nice at all!!

Advertisement