Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AdBlue pump locations

• 05-04-2018 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

After filling up from a plastic container recently, I contacted a few service station operators to enquire as to whether they had AdBlue pumps. I'm not clear if they are suitable for cars but ppl on here on boards have reported using ones intended for commercials on cars/mpvs/suvs. That's your call.

The Applegreen filling stations that have Ad Blue filling pumps are:
    Applegreen Wicklow Service Area, Cullenmore, Ashford, Co. Wicklow.
    Applegreen Service Area - Junction 27 Lackanavea, Birdhill, Co. Tipperary Applegreen Service Area , Junction 7-M9 Jordanstown, Paulstown ,Co Kilkenny
    Applegreen Service Station ,Lemybrien, Co. Waterford
    Applegreen Service Station ,Rowans Road, Courtlough Balbriggan, Co. Dublin
    Applegreen Templepatrick, M2 Northbound, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim
    M1 Lisburn North and South bound, Tullynacross, Lisburn, Co. Down

Topaz - didn't volunteer comprehensive list but gave me the three locations below. Ppl here on boards have mentioned other locations.
    City Avenue, Dublin
    Ashbourne, Co Meath
    Clonshaugh, Co Dublin

Texaco Customer Care reply: "Please be advised that Valero is an wholesaler of fuel only and does not supply this product. Unfortunately, we do not have access to any information of which service stations do supply Adblue, therefore, we recommend that you contact your local Texaco garages, or a local haulage distributor company who may be supplying this product."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Pretty sure great gas in Ballymount have an adblue pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,849 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Topaz on the N82 in Citywest has a pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭imp1

Filling up from a pump is half - or less - the price of containers.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭imp1

About 60c / litre - need to check to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭eggerb

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What’s wrong with using the drums from motor factors etc ?

Nothing wrong with them. Would prefer the convenience of a pump myself. Less waste, no storage of half full containers. Neither might be an issue for some.
    5 gallons in the motor factors near me is €16
    You won't need to go to the gym hawking that 20kg around ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 makon_mc

How does these pumps work? Is there an auto stop for ad blue like for petrol or diesel? I don’t really fancy to have the acid spillage all over the car..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

imp1 wrote: »
    About 60c / litre - need to check to be sure.
    It's 79.9 in Ballymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Topaz at exit 5 on the M9 has a pump. Pump number 11 . 15l was in and around €14 if I remember right. In my Peugeot 508sw its an empty the boot and remove the spare wheel to access the tank. Car was new last June and already on my 3rd adblue fill in the next 2 weeks Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sounds a lot, what mileage did u do it?

Agree with TheDriver; sounds a lot. Under published consumption for the 308SW, you'd need to have done 60k km. Here's a site that estimates usage by model.. https://changeforblue.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Good post OP
    Im driving a 171 Ford Transit with just under 60k and i have to top up with ad blue rough every 10k. Ive been useing Halfords where it is E14 for 10ltrs and it takes 20ltrs.
    Its a pity some of the main garages dont promote that they sell it on pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

just bought 10L in halfords for 11 euro, the computer told me (seat ateca) that i was to put in 3.5L and had 5500kms left, so i put in about 3litres , turned on the ignition and the display is the same.

maybe it takes time for the computer to reset or i have to drive it for the figure to go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    just bought 10L in halfords for 11 euro, the computer told me (seat ateca) that i was to put in 3.5L and had 5500kms left, so i put in about 3litres , turned on the ignition and the display is the same.

maybe it takes time for the computer to reset or i have to drive it for the figure to go up.

Did it tell you to add 3.5L or that you only have 3.5L left in the tank?

Anyhow, get a copy of the manual here, you should be adding a minimum of 5L(as per manual) once the warning shows up.

it said to add 3.5L of adblue,
    i didnt want to overfill it and spill it on to the car,

can i just top it up the extra bit make it full, or do i need to reset something on the computer?

does it really matter if i put in 1Litre or 5 litres? surely as long as i don't run out?

or am i causing problems with level sensors in the tank

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

When you re start your engine the level should rise up on the gauge but also if it says 3.5 litres you can put in more. Mine showed I had a half a tank so I just put the whole 10l and it just filled the tank up. Should do me for a while :) it’s good value aswell in Halfords

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

TheDriver wrote: »
    Sounds a lot, what mileage did u do it?
    eggerb wrote: »
    Agree with TheDriver; sounds a lot. Under published consumption for the 308SW, you'd need to have done 60k km. Here's a site that estimates usage by model.. https://changeforblue.uk/

Just filled it up this evening , 13.55 L was €12.xx , That is my 3rd fill of adblue since I got the car new in Jun17, Today I reached the magic milage of 60k. To answer you question , yeah , I do too much milage. The car is a 508 not a 308 but more than likely the same engine.
    On a side note, my last 2 Diesel fills I used the Miles + Fuel, Seems slightly pokier but very noticably idling and driving smoother.

are there any stations in Cork or Munster that does the adblue from the pump? (not that i have to worry about it for a while, just for future reference)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »

AdBlue can corrode aluminium, copper, bronze, iron & mild steel, so can make sh1te of a lot of parts that make up a car, like wheels and suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

And we’re putting this into our cars :eek:

• Advertisement

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    are there any stations in Cork or Munster that does the adblue from the pump? (not that i have to worry about it for a while, just for future reference)

Would be good if the service ststion operators published them on their sites. None on the Applegreen list. Might be worth chevking with Topaz .. https://www.topaz.ie/about-us/contact-us.aspx

I stopped for fuel this morning at the new Circle K CityNorth (Junction 7 on the M1) and ended up at the furthest pump from the shop, which has an AdBlue pump there.

Forgot to look what the cost per litre was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Comeragh Oil filling station in Dungarvan Co.Waterford has the ad-blue at the pumps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

testicles wrote: »

Not so much.... Urine has a small amount of urea amongst other things, and is over 95% water. AdBlue has over 30% urea. Not really comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Filled up at GreatGas in Ballymount this morning. Adblue at pump was 79.9c per litre.

Local Topaz has 10l drums for €17.99 (1.79 per litre).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Has there been any progress on on places putting pumps in?

Also, when you get the warning do you just fill til it overflows or is there a capacity and a gauge in the vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Aldi have adblue for €5 .for 6 liters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭ofcork

Apparently even the kia sportage has an adblue tank now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

5 gallons in the motor factors near me is €16 and he said it’s the same as the Mercedes service centre uses, I thought that was cheap
    How much are the pumps then ?

That is seriously cheap...is that for 25 litres?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Whocare

Talking to man who runs a transport company addblue cost him 35 cents a litre plus the vat
    When buying a 1000 litres at times (ibc container)

Advertisement