Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local GAA Club Sponsorship

• 15-03-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys I am just looking for peoples opinion. I am a coach for an underage hurling team in Dublin and we are currently looking for sponsorship for a new jerseys. We are extremely grateful for any money our club receives every cent helps! We asked around a number of local business about sponsorship. One of the big business said they would pay for 60/70% of the jersey cost, we would have to put their logo on the jersey and do photo shoots for the newspapers, online etc. I just want to know what peoples opinions are because a few coaches are split on it, do you think if you putting the companies logo on the jersey and giving them exposure for 2-3 years that's a fair deal or do you think a company should cover the full cost of the jerseys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not being smart, but having a logo on an underage team's jersey is not exactly Times Square!

You will find that most businesses who sponsor a team are doing it for genuine reasons. The logo and odd photo is small compensation. I'd take it. Maybe push them for 75% :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

In the cases I was involved in the company bought the jerseys directly and claimed the VAT back meaning the net cost to the company was 77% of the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Hi Cunavolos,

I'm just interested in what you said there, as our local Credit Union have just very kindly sponsored a whole new kit for one of our underage teams. Is it possible that they can claim the VAT back? It would be great to be able to tell them that!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

tigerboon wrote: »
    Hi Cunavolos,

I'm just interested in what you said there, as our local Credit Union have just very kindly sponsored a whole new kit for one of our underage teams. Is it possible that they can claim the VAT back? It would be great to be able to tell them that!

Thanks

you just get the invoice with the VAT on it

of course if the jerseys are for Under 12 or younger there would be no VAT

Advertisement