Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty free Whiskey

• 31-03-2018 5:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Are there any whiskies that represent good value at duty free (Dublin) prices currently. I will be traveling a bit in the coming months and want to pick up a few bottles. I am a novice whiskey drinker (teelings small batch, redbreast 12 and greenspot is what I currently have)

I want to start a collection of sorts. My price point would be up to €80 a bottle but really just want something that is good value or collectable.

Thanks in advance.

JD

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Redbreast 12 Cask strength is the best value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Check out the Irishman Founders Reserve Marsala cask, absolutely gorgeous as is the Glendalough 13yo Mizanura finished s/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Also interested in this, as am back visiting home from New Zealand.

Have seen Redbreast 12 mentioned on several threads, but was somewhat surprised to see I can purchase it cheaper in NZ (€5 cheaper) so it seems hardly worth carting it home based on that.

Have been browsing theloop duty free site to get some ideas, but suggestions welcome.

Advertisement