Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Sunroom Roof with PV

• 24-03-2018 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

More or less the title says it

I have a sun room/conservatory. 6m x 4M which has a full glass roof. The room is unuseable because its too warm in summer and too cold in winter

I was thinking of replacing the roof but was just wondering woould it be option to replace with PV panels instead as south facing and gets sun all day.

The roof replacement will cost 4,500 so if I could tie it in with PV it might make sense, maybe I am looking for something that is not available yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,684 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tesla sell roof tiles with built in PV. Worth investigating if you're going to re-roof anyway

Had the same problem myself with our conservatory. In the summer it's fine if you open a few windows and or doors. In winter it was too cold to use, until this winter when I put in a large cryptomining rig, problem solved any free heating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭ted1

unkel wrote: »
    Tesla sell roof tiles with built in PV. Worth investigating if you're going to re-roof anyway

Had the same problem myself with our conservatory. In the summer it's fine if you open a few windows and or doors. In winter it was too cold to use, until this winter when I put in a large cryptomining rig, problem solved any free heating :D
    Tesla’s roof tiles are not available in Ireland. I imagine that they’ll also be too heavy , the op is more than likely a SupaLite

Advertisement