Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caterwauling

• 07-02-2018 7:55pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭

MOD NOTE: I've moved most of the "discussion" about the Business Cat comic strip thread here. I'm saying most because I've edited and deleted posts that were, frankly, out of order - I can't be sure I got them all, there was A LOT to read, so I may edit more stuff at a later stage if I spot it.

THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD THAT SHOULD BE USED FOR DISCUSSING THE BUSINESS CAT COMIC STRIP THREAD.

Now, here's a quick summary of the forum charter again, READ IT AND FOLLOW IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T POST.

1. DON'T BE A DICK. This applies to everyone.
    2. ATTACK THE POST, NOT THE POSTER.
    3. NO BACKSEAT MODERATION - IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CONTENTS OF A POST, PLEASE REPORT IT.
    4. NO MOANING OR BITCHING - THIS INCLUDES NO MOANING OR BITCHING ABOUT WHAT'S CONSIDERED FUNNY OR NOT.
    5. READ 1. AGAIN.

As Pawwed Rig said:

Mod note: Regarding the posts below and who posts what, there is nowhere on boards in all the time I have been here that one poster gets priority over another to post a picture and we are not going to set a precedent here.
    What I would suggest is that you identify anyone whose posts you do not wish to see and set them to ignore. This can be done via
    profile settings,
    control panel,
    under settings and options click edit ignore list
    Type in the persons name

You won't see their posts again.

With regard to reposts - site wide it is usually first come best dressed. For the purposes of this thread (due to popular demand) reposts won't be deleted.
    Lads its meant to be fun............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Please don't restart the civil war by posting unrelated cat memes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Please don't restart the civil war by posting unrelated cat memes.

We miss you in the SF :(

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Whats happening here mods?

Firstly there is no "repost" rule in this thread so why was my post deleted?

Secondly, you have someone trolling ie cork boy.

People have expressed their opinion about the thread, he is spoiling the fun that has been running for 3 years as I'm sure most regulars in here would agree but he is being allowed to continue to do so.

He has been called out a couple of times and a couple of times has said he will refrain from posting yet here he is again.

That is thread spoiling.

It's petty, I know, but he is sucking all craic out of the thread and is now being encouraged to do so.

Load of shyte tbh.

Did business cats post get removed with the new edition and cork boys one was kept?

Cheap imitations don't get my likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Terrible carry on by Cork boy again after being asked by many members to stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,938 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

MOD NOTE: Attack the post, not the posters.

<<SNIP>>

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Whats happening here mods?

Firstly there is no "repost" rule in this thread so why was my post deleted?

Secondly, you have someone trolling ie cork boy.

People have expressed their opinion about the thread, he is spoiling the fun that has been running for 3 years as I'm sure most regulars in here would agree but he is being allowed to continue to do so.

He has been called out a couple of times and a couple of times has said he will refrain from posting yet here he is again.

That is thread spoiling.

It's petty, I know, but he is sucking all craic out of the thread and is now being encouraged to do so.

Load of shyte tbh.

Mod note: About the duplication, it was a genuine mistake on my part, apologies - I hadn't noticed I had deleted yours, BC, I only saw the duplicate, I'll restore it now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod note: One more thing - as usual, if you have a problem with a post please report it, and we'll look at it. I'm not saying there's no chat here (not at the moment, anyway), but all this isn't making the thread any nicer, I don't think. The rule of not attacking other posters still stand, though.

As for the rest, we mods will discuss it and we'll post back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note: Regarding the posts below and who posts what, there is nowhere on boards in all the time I have been here that one poster gets priority over another to post a picture and we are not going to set a precedent here.
    What I would suggest is that you identify anyone whose posts you do not wish to see and set them to ignore. This can be done via
    profile settings,
    control panel,
    under settings and options click edit ignore list
    Type in the persons name

You won't see their posts again.

With regard to reposts - site wide it is usually first come best dressed. For the purposes of this thread (due to popular demand) reposts won't be deleted.

Lads its meant to be fun............

While I understand and agree with the sentiment of the above post, P, Boards has long had a "spirit of the forum" ethos. Imo CB is flying in the face of that. This thread was started by Business Cat to post his adventures, it's VERY goofy, I know, but that's kind of the point of it, that's part of the "joke" and part of why people get a laugh out of it.

For the record, I don't expect him to be carded, thread banned or whatever as that would be nonsense, he just doesn't seem to have the awareness that he is being a bit of a dick, which again, is one of the long standing tenants of Boards, ie, don't be one.*

*I'm aware that we are debating memes about a cartoon cat in a suit and am aware of the ridiculousness of that.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

446967.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

MOD NOTE: Attack the post, not the posters.
    ***************************************************************************************************

So I'm trolling by posting a business cat meme in the thread set up for posting business cat memes? Like the mods said, no poster gets priority and like Business Cat (the poster) said, <<SNIP>>.
    I checked this thread on a Friday and saw no new business cat meme posted, so I chipped in in the interest of business cat fans getting their fix asap. If any poster gets upset because someone "beat them to it" on an internet forum dedicated to a cartoon cat, then they seriously need to take a good long hard look at themselves.

As there have been a number of posts attacking me for posting a business cat meme in the business cat thread, I feel I have a right to defend myself. However, this will be my last post on the matter.

That does not mean I will refrain from contributing to the thread.

Half the joke is that the op posting the memes is called business cat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Half the joke is that the op posting the memes is called business cat

Wow. Sounds hilarious.

Cork Boy wrote: »
    So I'm trolling by posting a business cat meme in the thread set up for posting business cat memes? Like the mods said, no poster gets priority and like Business Cat (the poster) said, he is indeed being petty.
    I checked this thread on a Friday and saw no new business cat meme posted, so I chipped in in the interest of business cat fans getting their fix asap. If any poster gets upset because someone "beat them to it" on an internet forum dedicated to a cartoon cat, then they seriously need to take a good long hard look at themselves.

As there have been a number of posts attacking me for posting a business cat meme in the business cat thread, I feel I have a right to defend myself. However, this will be my last post on the matter.

You're lack of anything resembling even remote awareness is hilarious tbh.

People have made their thoughts known on more than one occasion but you are going to continue doing what is rankling people anyway.

If I need to join the queue to take look at myself then you young man, you NEED to be at the front of that line.

Good luck to ya.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Wow. Sounds hilarious.

Cats are certainly more amusing than Cork people I find :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Why do you care who posts the latest cartoon , it's not like you have any artistic involvement in the cartoon.

What if you are on holiday are we supposed to wait two weeks for BC so you can get "the thanks" ?

The cardinal rule works both ways dude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

So I'm trolling by posting a business cat meme in the thread set up for posting business cat memes? Like the mods said, no poster gets priority and like Business Cat (the poster) said, he is indeed being petty.

I love my Friday afternoon postings about the cat’s latest adventures, I don’t watch out for them religiously but when you see it, you go yeah!!. And sure enough, there it was last Friday.

However, it was somewhat marred by the fact that it was posted by yourself.

This is Business Cat’s thread. He set it up, he introduced us to him and he even named himself after it.

I like to think of Boards as a village. Populated by wierd and passionate people, we share our knowledge to whoever wants to know. But like every functioning community, there has to be order and everybody has their place. Mine’s mainly over in Food & Drink. This is Business Cat’s place.

Maybe you can start your own thread, but with a name like Cork Boy, I can’t for the life of me think of what that would be, sorry! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Everyone is entitled to post what they want (within the rules of course) I guess some of us within this small sub section of boards get a kick out of seeing the Business Cat comic posted by Business Cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The last few pages of this thread sum up exactly why this entire website has gone to the dogs. Or cats, to keep it topical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

So I'm allowed to register an account called "xkcd", post a thread with all the xkcd comics for thanks, and then complain if someone else has the audacity to post one?
    (I'm working off the assumption that Business Cat is not involved in any way in the creation of Adventures of Business Cat - if I'm wrong on that score, then I withdraw my bafflement.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Ficheall wrote: »
    So I'm allowed to register an account called "xkcd", post a thread with all the xkcd comics for thanks, and then complain if someone else has the audacity to post one?

BC has been registered since 2012 and has over 12k posts. If you regged as xkcd and butted in, you'd hopefully be treated with the "Don't be a dick" rule and carded.

Cork Boy is just taking the pee as far as I'm concerned. BC started the thread (not sure if under the same name, but that doesn't matter) and kept the thread running every Friday. That is until CB started posting, then things went downhill. Since then, there has been less comments on Business Cat (the comic) and more on a wannabe wrecking the thread.

<<SNIP - NO BACKSEAT MODDING>>

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would agree with the sentiment on thread. Business Cat kicked this off and kept it going and wants to keep it going. Im not sure why cork boy wants to hop on the bandwagon only in the last few weeks, can you not just leave it up to Business Cat who has done it for 3 years now?

AH response- scratch his eyes out Business Cat ! Then blast him with cat piss !

I suggest people whose enjoyment of these comics is affected by who posts said comics, follow the mods advice and put me on ignore.

That way, people who want their BC fix asap will get their fix asap, regardless of who posts it.

I am as entitled to post here as much as anyone else and I will not be run off the forum by childish playground tantrums and bullying.

Shame I only found this thread so late. Oh well.

I suggest people whose enjoyment of these comics is affected by who posts said comics, follow the mods advice and put me on ignore.

That way, people who want their BC fix asap will get their fix asap, regardless of who posts it.

I am as entitled to post here as much as anyone else and I will not be run off the forum by childish playground tantrums and bullying.

Genuine question.

Why do you feel the need to continue doing something that is clearly annoying alot of people?

Why do you care who posts the latest cartoon , it's not like you have any artistic involvement in the cartoon.

What if you are on holiday are we supposed to wait two weeks for BC so you can get "the thanks" ?

The cardinal rule works both ways dude

If the thread was being left idle for weeks at a time then this point would hold some water but it was getting updated within a couple of hours of a new strip being released, by myself, since I started it. It's a little corner of boards that some people have been having fun with for 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Y'know what, I've stayed out of this for ages, and I really had no opinion either way as I was just enjoying the comics.

But at this point, it really is you being childish. You know full well that since the thread was created that BC was posting the weekly updates, but in some weird attempt to be edgy, or possibly just out of sheer boredom, you decided to throw that all of in attempt to be cool or something.

Frankly I don't care if a different person posts it each week, but at this point your attitude is really really childish and kinda sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Who exactly is bullying you here?

People are annoyed, you've been politely asked to stop. Fair enough if you don't want to stop.

But where exactly is this bullying?

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Cats are certainly more amusing than Cork people I find :P
    FanadMan wrote: »

<<SNIP>>
    Muahahaha wrote: »

AH response- scratch his eyes out Business Cat ! Then blast him with cat piss !
    Greybottle wrote: »
    Who exactly is bullying you here?

But where exactly is this bullying?

There you go.

Advertisement