Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What ICO's are you investing in ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

jon1981 wrote: »
    http://ponzicoin.co/home.html

What you reckon lads? When do you think it may moon?

"This has gotten crazy out of hand, I apologize but we will no longer be selling PonziCoin on this site because this was a joke. I cannot terminate the contract but I will not be selling any coins that I own. For clarification, I did NOT profit from this: the contract got depleted by other people selling their coins, I did not "take off with the money" and I never sold my coins, you can easily verify this on Etherscan"

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Currently taking a look at https://daxt.io/token-sale-terms if anyone is interested.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Yelnahs wrote: »
    I actually didn't bother in the end... I'm sure I had a reason :|

Bit of chatter about Medicalchain, might be worth looking at. It's exactly what Hospitals need (Also UK based)

https://icobench.com/ico/medicalchain

Edit after registering for more information: ICO registration closes on Jan the 30th and ICO token sales starts 1st of Feb.
    Edit again: $0.25 a token is a bit rich, this is probably a non-runner

I was considering this one, but the vast majority of the tokens were distributed (at varying discount levels) to pre ICO whitelist insiders (mainly in the health sector afaik).

Only 16 million tokens are available and the eth equivalent of $5000 is the max allocation per person for the public ICO.

At 10 AM on 1st Feb, their site will allow KYC details to be submitted via online form, but only the first 1000-2000 (not sure of exact number) to successfully send through their applications and have them approved will be eligible to buy tokens.

Even if you get through to this stage you're not guaranteed to get your tokens, as there isn't enough of them to go around if everyone sends the max eth allowed, so Gas wars are expected - the moderators on their telegram channel were even telling people to spend as much gas as possible to ensure their funds get through early. :eek:
    Just looking back into this now. So the personal cap for the ICO is $5000 and the actual ICO cap is $4 million. This means, worst case, if the first 800 people submit the max order then only 800 people will get tokens. But, they also say that KYC is first come first serve and are expecting 2k-8k people to submit. So realistically it's a GAS race to see who of the first say 1,000 - 1,200 people to submit...

I wasn't going to try to get some tokens as I didn't want my eth tied up but they are launching on a few exchanges on Sunday, I didn't expect such a quick turn around. Will update tomorrow if I got in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Just looking back into this now. So the personal cap for the ICO is $5000 and the actual ICO cap is $4 million. This means, worst case, if the first 800 people submit the max order then only 800 people will get tokens. But, they also say that KYC is first come first serve and are expecting 2k-8k people to submit. So realistically it's a GAS race to see who of the first say 1,000 - 1,200 people to submit...

I wasn't going to try to get some tokens as I didn't want my eth tied up but they are launching on a few exchanges on Sunday, I didn't expect such a quick turn around. Will update tomorrow if I got in

tokens will be available just 3 days after public ICO stage?

What's going to happen most likely is that whitelisters who got at a discount will dump en-masse, crashing the price for those who didn't get theirs at a discount price.

At least that's how some recent ICOs have gone. ;)

ZeroThreat wrote: »

tokens will be available just 3 days after public ICO stage?

What's going to happen most likely is that whitelisters who got at a discount will dump en-masse, crashing the price for those who didn't get theirs at a discount price.

At least that's how some recent ICOs have gone.  ;)
    Yup, listed on exchanges on Sunday. I was surprised too. It's a sticky on their official Telegram group, point number 10. Yeah that's exactly what is going to happen.. I have quite a lot of ICX as I was waiting for it to bump today but it did quite the opposite, don't think I will be able to invest in this (I got the date wrong, ICO goes live tomorrow at 10 am)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

"This has gotten crazy out of hand, I apologize but we will no longer be selling PonziCoin on this site because this was a joke. I cannot terminate the contract but I will not be selling any coins that I own. For clarification, I did NOT profit from this: the contract got depleted by other people selling their coins, I did not "take off with the money" and I never sold my coins, you can easily verify this on Etherscan"

Lol.

Just goes to show how crazy the year has been for Alts and how little research people have been doing.
    He created a coin called PONZI COIN!!!
    The website says its a fake coin and it still managed to get a market cap of 100k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I got final confirmation for the Experty ICO today. The ICO was an absolute disaster running through Bitcoin Suisse (man do they take their time)

Anyway looks like everything is in place now. Tokens to be released in the next 2-4 weeks. Looking forward to seeing what happens. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

So did anyone sign up and express interest in the DADI ICO? Because they're facing another sh*t storm today. Email service got hacked (possibly on the day of the ICO) and phishing emails have been sent out. Plenty of people have informed them about the breach and others have fallen for it and sent ETH to the wallet address. They only came out and notified everyone of the issue this morning.

This whole DADI experience has been great at opening my eyes when it comes to these ICO's. A little company trying to raise money to take on Amazon and Google yet can't even ensure that they're working with secure third parties. Plenty of people were more than happy to buy because of they hype though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

S.M.B. wrote: »
    So did anyone sign up and express interest in the DADI ICO? Because they're facing another sh*t storm today. Email service got hacked (possibly on the day of the ICO) and phishing emails have been sent out. Plenty of people have informed them about the breach and others have fallen for it and sent ETH to the wallet address. They only came out and notified everyone of the issue this morning.

This whole DADI experience has been great at opening my eyes when it comes to these ICO's. A little company trying to raise money to take on Amazon and Google yet can't even ensure that they're working with secure third parties. Plenty of people were more than happy to buy because of they hype though.

ICOs usually white list a certain number and then they leave it open for a few weeks for people.to buy. Best to wait a few days before you do in case stuff like that happens

ICO's are a dangerous game now, if you don't know what your doing forget about it. So many scammers so many fake admins on telegram.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

S.M.B. wrote: »
    So did anyone sign up and express interest in the DADI ICO?
    I was whitelisted but their site croaked when the ICO opened and took 20 mins to come back. Then it seems nobody who followed their gas instructions got in. I tried to make a deposit and then cancelled it.

Don't even know what I was doing in the thick of it in hindsight. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I hope nobody here fell for the DADI email scam last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

ICOs usually white list a certain number and then they leave it open for a few weeks for people.to buy. Best to wait a few days before you do in case stuff like that happens
    But all 50,000,000 tokens sold out in under an hour because of the crazy hype and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

It's getting worse:

https://steemit.com/ico/@yoledo/seele-ico-hack

That's not even a 'Hack'. It's team members turning scammer, and running off with the funds.

ICO's are a seriously dangerous game, and if you're relying on youtubers like Ian Balina to guide you through what is potentially safe or not, let alone a good investment, you are taking massive risks to the point of being reckless.

daRobot wrote: »
    It's getting worse:

https://steemit.com/ico/@yoledo/seele-ico-hack

That's not even a 'Hack'. It's team members turning scammer, and running off with the funds.

ICO's are a seriously dangerous game, and if you're relying on youtubers like Ian Balina to guide you through what is potentially safe or not, let alone a good investment, you are taking massive risks to the point of being reckless.

That's mental. Sending Crypto via PM on Telegram is a silly thing to do though. People need to be vigilant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Effect.AI: Anarchists of The Blockchain!

I really like this ICO and white-list starts tomorrow but I would say it will sell out fairly quick.
    The platform Effect is creating is going to change the way we interact with A.I. for the foreseeable future. Most of the developments in A.I. are happening behind closed doors, by companies such as Amazon, Google, and Apple. Effect is going to use the blockchain to make A.I. technology more palpable to the average person. Blockchain is an essential technology to artificial intelligence because it can keep track of A.I. and the work it does via the decentralized ledger. Effect is going to connect workers with people who need help with A.I. projects. This means that people will make more money by cutting out the middle men that perform our transactions now. EFX is the name of their utility token, EFX will be the currency that circulates around the Effect platform. Effect will essentially be creating a network where people can work directly with A.I. from anywhere in the world, from any device. This will not only make it easier for people to work and build A.I., but it will also encourage more people to get involved in this emerging technology.

Effect.AI uses blockchain technology to create a decentralized artificial intelligence platform that is powered by NEO. Effect is being very meticulous with the distribution of their token to the masses, they are not having a pre-sale or a private sale; this creates a fair buying platform for interested investors by offering it to everyone at once for the same price; and eliminating all the tier 1, 2, and etc. nonsense that we see in other initial coin offerings. The only way a person can assure their participation in ICO is by being whitelisted, and becoming an active part in the Effect community. Effect is creating this kind of transparency with their token sale because they feel that the “game is really broken”, according to Chris Dawe, the CEO of Effect.AI. Chris also promises to expose the troubling issues within private ICO’s and crypto start-ups once the EFX ICO is completed, which is totally overdue! People encounter ICO scams all the time. Effect plans to 'piss a lot of people off’ to complete their mission of bringing truth and integrity that seems to have been lost back to the Blockchain.

Its on the NEO network but different than DeepBrain chain which people wrongly compare it to.

Looks to be about $0.07c per EFX token during whitelist.

Anyone else have/had a look at this ICO?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

The platform Effect is creating is going to change the way we interact with A.I. for the foreseeable future. Most of the developments in A.I. are happening behind closed doors, by companies such as Amazon, Google, and Apple. Effect is going to use the blockchain to make A.I. technology more palpable to the average person. Blockchain is an essential technology to artificial intelligence because it can keep track of A.I. and the work it does via the decentralized ledger.

Sorry, but that comes across as a little more than an outlandish bunch of non-sequiturs desperately trying to cobble the terms blockchain and AI together while pointing an accusatory finger at the evil empires of Google/Amazon/Apple. The small bit of AI I've had exposure to in my work is widely used, open source, and has squat to do with blockchain. Not saying that it isn't an area these companies are investing heavily in, but there is a huge amount of academic research beyond this and I can't see Effect having much effect on either.

Could be a decent punt based on decent marketing, but not one I'd be jumping on anytime soon.

smacl wrote: »
    Sorry, but that comes across as a little more than an outlandish bunch of non-sequiturs desperately trying to cobble the terms blockchain and AI together while pointing an accusatory finger at the evil empires of Google/Amazon/Apple. The small bit of AI I've had exposure to in my work is widely used, open source, and has squat to do with blockchain. Not saying that it isn't an area these companies are investing heavily in, but there is a huge amount of academic research beyond this and I can't see Effect having much effect on either.

Could be a decent punt based on decent marketing, but not one I'd be jumping on anytime soon.

My apologise as I quoted a 3rd party and those quotes are not from effect.ai
    I just realised that afterwards

Is this good news? .
    I'm not experienced enough or around long enough to judge . ..

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/80maka/charlie_shrem_one_of_the_earliest_advocates_of/

It's not a bad idea, takes the algo-teaching aspect of Numer.ai* and combines with the mech turk aspect of Gems** and aims it towards a market estimated to be worth anywhere from tens of billions in a few years to over ten trillion by 2035 depending on source.

*Not for speculators, don't invest

**industry they're trying to disrupt is too small to be capable of good gains (in a reasonable world) plus their whitelisting process was awfully manipulative, harnessing the power of idiots to shill for them just to get their foot in the door of a Dutch auction which is a terrible method of token sale for speculators.

grindle wrote: »
    It's not a bad idea, takes the algo-teaching aspect of Numer.ai* and combines with the mech turk aspect of Gems** and aims it towards a market estimated to be worth anywhere from tens of billions in a few years to over ten trillion by 2035 depending on source.

*Not for speculators, don't invest

**industry they're trying to disrupt is too small to be capable of good gains (in a reasonable world) plus their whitelisting process was awfully manipulative, harnessing the power of idiots to shill for them just to get their foot in the door of a Dutch auction which is a terrible method of token sale for speculators.

Cheers mate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

My apologise as I quoted a 3rd party and those quotes are not from effect.ai
    I just realised that afterwards

Is this good news? .
    I'm not experienced enough or around long enough to judge . ..

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/80maka/charlie_shrem_one_of_the_earliest_advocates_of/

To be fair the details on the site are far more sensible and cover a much narrower scope. Not much of a reddit fan so wouldn't make a judgement either way on that basis, but could be worth a punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dQuetour

Got some BABB, must read up on Dorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

Anyone checked out Hodlwin.com?

Very interesting concept which doesn't need to rely on exchanges going forward. Plus they're airdropping free tokens right now just for registering.

I've just deposited a small Eth for the ico, we'll see how it goes

Effect.AI: Anarchists of The Blockchain!

I really like this ICO and white-list starts tomorrow but I would say it will sell out fairly quick.

Its on the NEO network but different than DeepBrain chain which people wrongly compare it to.

Looks to be about $0.07c per EFX token during whitelist.

Anyone else have/had a look at this ICO?

Really good interview today on You Tube
    https://youtu.be/30J_3KHbe-k

*no shilling from me as I just like the whole A.I concept and how the blockchain could be used to its advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I invested in NuCypher ICO since I read the review on https://icopulse.com/blog/nucypher-ico/ . The project team successfully held a presale in the autumn of 2017, collecting about $ 4.7 million and selling 30% of the tokens. Apparently, the raised funds are still enough to work on the platform. The current idea and the availability of already implemented products make ICO NuCypher interesting and promising project.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Have put my name in the hat for this one:

https://neonexchange.org/

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Have put my name in the hat for this one:

https://neonexchange.org/

Same here, I reckon 250k people will sign up and 25k are allowed pledge $1k so a 10% chance! Fingers crossed as I've a feeling it'll be huge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I'm curious as to how many people here are comfortable giving Drivers Licence or passport info to pass KYC on these type of sites. How do you know what they will do with the info afterwards? I know they state that the data is encrypted and will be deleted after KYC but where's the proof?
    Why isn't there a central reputable source that you can submit these document to who will verify your ID on behalf of these type of sites instead of having to submit them over and over without knowing the use they will put the data to or how good their security is?
    I know the answer to that will be that crypto is in its infancy and having a centralised ID verification authority goes against the ethos but surely that is an even bigger reason to be suspicious?
    If this NEX crowd do gather the real names, physical and email addresses, drivers licence ID or passport numbers of thousands or hundreds of thousand people and can link those IDs to a NEO address too, then surely that is worth a lot of money in and of itself? EDIT: Especially if that info can be compared to similar info taken from an ICO gathering ETH addresses or others? A decent profile could be built up on anyone with links to what addresses they control on different blockchain platforms.

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how many people here are comfortable giving Drivers Licence or passport info to pass KYC on these type of sites. How do you know what they will do with the info afterwards? I know they state that the data is encrypted and will be deleted after KYC but where's the proof?

You're approaching this from the angle of these projects wanting those details and wanting to assume the burden of protecting your data - ICOs had no KYC until it became clear that the ESMA & SEC would be our watchdog. Every negative you've outlined about KYC is a real worry and the gathering of that info is precisely what governments want to happen - not because they want your info in danger, they're just the ones insisting on KYC so that a decent profile can be built.
    Any project that doesn't want to eventually get minced by whichever judicial system deems their project to be contravening the relevant laws or standards is literally being forced to gather your data leaving it open to misuse or attack.
    This problem wouldn't exist if the US and EU hadn't insisted on it.

People are working on blockchain KYC which should make things much safer from our point of view. The government can have access to your details and your KYC address, the projects can simply request your KYC address to comply. This is if a government ever accepts this as an option - they should, but whether they will or not is another thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 _Postal_

SMARC: http://smartcontainers.ch

This one is refrigirated Air Freight. But closed already so moving along...

AMN: https://tokensale.amon.tech/referred/HyuWv_B3t_f

This company wants to allow their AI decide on which of your crypto's should be spent through their debit card. The crypto that will cost you the least to have the product in your hand will be used. AI selection is optional so it can be turned off if you think you know better or you prefer to use a specific crypto for your purchase.

MIO: https://wallet.minerone.io/Referal/8ff7bc6f-f71e-45c4-bf9e-0cd3b8282a5f
    This one is a cloud mining service with a twist. It is not really a service but instead, they use the ICO funds to purchase miners and profit share to token holders.... For as long as the company exists. (Cloud mining services contain your investment to 1 - 3 year contracts only)

Advertisement