Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dream Meaning - Sexual Assault

Options
  • 21-03-2018 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everyone,

Right a had a really jarring and unpleasant dream a few nights ago.

In my dream, I was out with a bunch of co-workers and there was a hotel nearby. I announced that I was heading back to the hotel and my line manager offered to walk with me. One the walk he started to kiss my cheek and groped my genitals through my clothes. I shouted at him to stop and ran off. I met a woman (a random dream woman, not someone I know in real life) and told her what happened. She confirmed that the manager had been having an affair with someone else and had cheated on his wife. Then I woke up.

My line manager in real life is a lovely person who has never made any kind of advance on anyone working for him. I honestly have no idea where this dream came from. I'm just curious to hear thoughts on what this dream could mean. It may be worth mentioning that I am unhappy in my job and looking for a new role, it has nothing to do with inappropriate behaviour though.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Difficult to interpret. Have you been reading about the waves of condemnations of assaults and sexual discrimination by male celebrities and politicians against women in America? May influence dream content?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DanyTargaryen

Fathom wrote: »
    Difficult to interpret. Have you been reading about the waves of condemnations of assaults and sexual discrimination by male celebrities and politicians against women in America? May influence dream content?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have been reading about it but I wouldn't have thought that the effect would have influenced my dreams that much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have been reading about it but I wouldn't have thought that the effect would have influenced my dreams that much.
    Just a guess.

Dream interpretation appears to be an art. Not science. Although someday science will catch up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You cannot turn to Freud and his dream interpretation with any validity, as he focused on the case study method which you cannot generalise to other members of a population. Furthermore, his non-random method of selecting subjects was biased (e.g., his women patients were from families that could afford his fees, excluding a large number that could not).

• Advertisement

Let's not talk Freud. Useless.

Advertisement