Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Holy Zarquon's singing fish - HHGTTG is back on the radio!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Holy Zarquon, a post in this forum! :eek:

It's great they're doing that, but I hated that book so much that I just couldn't bring myself to listen to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Anyone been listening to this? It's not very good ... It's just not the same. John Lloyd brings nothing as the book, he just sounds bored.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

To be fair, the source material isn't very good, so I'm afraid I'm not overly surprised. It's kind of like the Hitchhikers' equivalent of the Star Wars prequels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

After a think about it I made a point of not listening. Even deleted the recording I made.

I was 14 when the first series was on BBC radio 4 - caught it on its first rapid repeat and recorded the whole lot onto C60 tapes ditto series two. I still have them, now in digital form and listen every so often and I still enjoy it but that love is informed by the impact they made on me back then. I suspect if came to HH now it would just be mildly amusing rather than era defining. So I'll keep my memories intact Thanks but no thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement