Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wicklow Town and Rathnew Schools - any experience?

• 15-03-2018 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, is anyone here familiar with the schools in the Rathnew/Wicklow Town area?

What have your experiences been?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Which schools in particular interest you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

My two are in Bethlehem (Holy Rosary). Every teacher has been fantastic although I'm not mad on the teacher my eldest has at the moment. Other than her though I have been through five teachers and each of them has been amazing. Lovely school. Couple of very minor things bother me, like no school photographs and they seem to pick and choose when they have school tours. Any questions let me know. Educate together has a good name although I'm not as mad on it. Small things again, I like a school uniform and like my kids to call their teacher miss and Mr instead of by first name.Very personal tiny things though! Fab new premises. St Coens in a great new building too. The only school really I've heard negative things about is Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 aubz

I've got a 3.5-year-old so she'll be going to primary school when she's 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

I posted a similar thread to this so I'm interested in replies. Most of the kids in our estate go to St. Coens so I'm thinking of applying to that school. ive only heard good things too so the decision is pretty much made.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Have heard great things about St Coens too. Lots of kids around us going there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 KellieT

Hi Ladies,

I hope you dont mind me replying here, I was just looking for anymore new information on the Primary schools in Wicklow Town/Rathnew. @Lara you did come back to me this time last year you might some updates?

We bought a new house in The Meadows on the Marlton Road, My son is currently in JI in Stepaside a school we really love due to us moving he will start SI in Wicklow Town in September. He has been offered a place in St Patricks, I have met the principle and she does seem lovely, I do not know anyone in Wicklow Town to ask opinions on the school has it improved? I know there was alot of negativity around it and I am really nervous, he has also just been offered a place in St Coens I havent been to the school yet this only came in yesterday but this will be a bit of a walk for us especially in the winter months. My husband will be taking the car to Dublin for work, The days I will work the creche will do the drop off and collection so I am trying to keep this in mind also. Holy Rosary we have not heard back from and the ET is not for us. I know there is The Glebe too but I would love him to make his Holy Communion.

Really worried and stressed out Mama, Any help is so very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

KellieT wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you dont mind me replying here, I was just looking for anymore new information on the Primary schools in Wicklow Town/Rathnew. @Lara you did come back to me this time last year you might some updates?

We bought a new house in The Meadows on the Marlton Road, My son is currently in JI in Stepaside a school we really love due to us moving he will start SI in Wicklow Town in September. He has been offered a place in St Patricks, I have met the principle and she does seem lovely, I do not know anyone in Wicklow Town to ask opinions on the school has it improved? I know there was alot of negativity around it and I am really nervous, he has also just been offered a place in St Coens I havent been to the school yet this only came in yesterday but this will be a bit of a walk for us especially in the winter months. My husband will be taking the car to Dublin for work, The days I will work the creche will do the drop off and collection so I am trying to keep this in mind also. Holy Rosary we have not heard back from and the ET is not for us. I know there is The Glebe too but I would love him to make his Holy Communion.

Kind Regards

No experience of St Patrick’s but friends have kids in Holy Rosary and are happy with it. It’s a popular school though and is normally oversubscribed but I guess your son will be going into SI so that might be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KellieT

Thanks so much, I will follow up with Holy Rosary again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

KellieT wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Kind Regards

Hi again!

My kids are in Holy Rosary. I have a junior infant too. The teachers are fab. I'd definitely follow up on it. They do a visit for new pupils mid June. There is a meeting at the end of this month for new parents also so places should be out very soon. Give her a ring. St Patrick's is probably the closest to you apart from ET. I haven't heard any recent reports to be honest! St Coens is getting great reports too. Schools are such a personal choice but I would favour Holy rosary or St coens over St pats. Though things may have changed over the past year there. I dont know anyone personally who goes there, was just rumours and talk in the playground about issues. Give me a PM if you want to chat any more.

Advertisement