Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twickenham pre game

• 12-03-2018 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi guys

Three of Got tickets for Saturday,
    Any tips of best way to get to the stadium ?
    Best place for pre game drinks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

leestone wrote: »
    Hi guys

Three of Got tickets for Saturday,
    Any tips of best way to get to the stadium ?
    Best place for pre game drinks?

Nothing out in Twickenham

Maybe Heineken or Guiness might have a predrinks bar outside the stadium. If not I wouldn't bother going out if you plan on drinking.

I think for the England games it can be worse than the couple of Heineken games I went to so if that is the case I would stay in town till last min and then get train straight out

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I normally go for a couple at the Sun Inn and then walk over, good auld traditional rugby pub and there'll be some locals there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Any suggestions for the ticketless in general? good places to watch it assuming im not astonishingly lucky in the next 5 days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

spiralism wrote: »
    Any suggestions for the ticketless in general? good places to watch it assuming im not astonishingly lucky in the next 5 days?

As it is Paddy Days in Dublin the place will be packed and most pubs packed...

This causes me a huge issue because plan is to head to town, have brunch, then go on the rip for the day but I want decent pub to watch game

Because of this no information should be shared between fans in case you get a better seat than me :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Nothing out in Twickenham

Maybe Heineken or Guiness might have a predrinks bar outside the stadium. If not I wouldn't bother going out if you plan on drinking.

I think for the England games it can be worse than the couple of Heineken games I went to so if that is the case I would stay in town till last min and then get train straight out

There are a couple of good pubs in Twickenham (the village not the stadium) that are right by the train station. Then it's a 20-ish min walk to the ground. Haven't been there for a few years so the only name I can remember is the Eel Pie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Is it worth going out to the Fan Zone or better to go to pub? We are ticketless and just want to go up for the atmosphere. Been a while since I have been to Twickenham and that last time I was there they ran out of beer :confused::confused:

Looked a William Web ellis pub but as its Paddys Day every Irish person will be decending around the area I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭capnsparkles

Hedgehog and Stump. Now the Royal Oak.
    Lived near there for 5 years and used to watch all Irelands games in that Pub , used to have a good atmosphere. Try Richmond after the game , everything else atmosphere wise diluted as you head back in to town. Irish bars may have a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Cabbage Patch is another one in the village, there's also the William Webb Ellis but if memory serves it might be a Wetherspoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

+1 on Cabbage Patch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Richmond is a better bet imho. Twickenham itself is a bit meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cabbage Patch looks good and may go up to the fan zone closer to kick off as big screens there, correct. Well this depends on the weather.

After game may head uptown depending on result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭GavMan

Richmond before and after, IMO.

Not much going on at the stadium apart from the usual stadium bar setups around the ground. Cabbage Patch in Twickenham itself if you must.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Does anyone know what its like to get tickets near the stadium or is it just touts? Cant remember from last visit, still waiting on tickets I've been promised, getting worried now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

pc7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what its like to get tickets near the stadium or is it just touts? Cant remember from last visit, still waiting on tickets I've been promised, getting worried now.

It'll be dodgy, and probably very expensive.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It'll be dodgy, and probably very expensive.

Yeah cheers, wouldn't buy from touts, just praying my tickets get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Scythica

Churhch Street in twicks is good, pub there owned by an Ulsterman too

Advertisement