Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

• 14-03-2018 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like the final part of the Tomb Raider Origin trilogy is going to be announced tomorrow. The game will be officially revealed on April 27th

https://www.tombraider.com/en-us

Looking at the source code for the page, the game is due for release on September 14th:
    Shadow of The Tomb Raider is the climatic finale of Lara's origin story. Available September 14th 2018

Looks like it might be weather themed? :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The last 2 games were quiet fun. Lara has a nice accent and is less annoying that Nathan Drake. F**k trying to get 100% in each area and all that jazz though. Will pick it up when it's not €50+

the first 2 were fairly enjoyable.
    second one was more graphically impressive but didn't add much new tho.
    story was very similar also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The last 2 games were quiet fun. Lara has a nice accent and is less annoying that Nathan Drake. F**k trying to get 100% in each area and all that jazz though. Will pick it up when it's not €50+

I prefer Drake, he's more fun. But yeah, gameplay wise Tomb raider was better, though i didnt enjoy the second one near as much as the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I got both reboot Tomb Raiders for free and yet I still don't feel like giving them money for a 3rd.
    Replaying Anniversary reminded me of why I loved the franchise, and it didn't have to do with being a "badass" crouching behind walls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

About time, looking forward to this, loved rise of the tomb raider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well well well the Xbox Hussie is back for another go. Didn't enjoy the last 2 games, felt very generic. I'm hoping the next one is good for my love of the series but would much prefer a remaster of anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Enjoyed the last two and it looks like the Xbox exclusivity window isn't mentioned so I'm very happy to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

glasso wrote: »
    the first 2 were fairly enjoyable.
    second one was more graphically impressive but didn't add much new tho.
    story was very similar also.

Very similar to Arkham Asylum -> Arkham City I think. Like this games I enjoyed these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Nice one, the first 2 are two of the best games on the PS4 thanks to the intensity of the gameplay.. although admittedly not Witcher3/Horizon zero dawn awesome they were so much fun, can't wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Looks to be set in Mesoamerica. They should really bring back dinosaurs!

Well at least it looks a lot better than that movie trailer on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Surprised they're keeping the 18 rating. From memory, not too many AAA games go for it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Great, going by that trailer I'll need the curtains closed constant! But, still looking forward to it, loved the last 2 so most likely a day 1 for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So in my complete boredom at work, and with no supervision around, I was listening to a bit of music trying to will myself to wake up, and I was listening to Ozar Midrashim, the theme song from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. As always, it pumps me right up to get back into the land and lore of Nosgoth, so I did some Googling. Some slight hints at a revival last October was the last update, but the studio the hints came from are working on Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Now I definitely can't wait for this game to come out so they can confirm a Soul Reaver reboot/remaster, either of which I will be ecstatic with!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

one of my favourite franchises, when the last one went console exclusive I was mad, said I'd never buy it but eventually caved for a tenner. Will get this one when it's a tenner. ty bs behaviour saving me money

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Cordell

https://kotaku.com/we-played-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-and-it-looks-like-1825594027
    comes out September 14 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC
    great, so they won't pull the same trick.
    not so great, it's only (almost) May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr E wrote: »
    Full trailer time...

A short CG trailer building up the full reveal of....a longer CG heavy trailer. Eidos really can't help themselves with this game its out around the same time as Spiderman and a month before Red Dead 2 so I don't know this is expected to perform given the last one was mishandled with an exclusive launch that did it or the XB1 no favours.

• Advertisement

"End of the beginning."

They said this is the end of the trilogy but that leaves it open to more games, I guess. Pretty sure the trilogy was only meant to establish her as the Tomb Raider anyway.

Either way, can't wait for more darker, deeper Uncharted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Day one for me as well.

Day one for me as well.

Out a week after Spider-Man so will probably pick up later on

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

It looks great, really enjoyed the first one. Less so the second. Is there any information about leveling system or abilities. Not going to be shelling out on day one for a game that's not offering anything new gameplay wise.

Sight808 wrote: »
    It looks great, really enjoyed the first one. Less so the second. Is there any information about leveling system or abilities. Not going to be shelling out on day one for a game that's not offering anything new gameplay wise.

Whats new

Skills guide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Day one for me as well.

Same here. It will keep me busy until FH4 is released :)

Preload on psn is Wednesday .

• Advertisement

I haven't been following this so it kind of crept up on me. I enjoyed the last two so I'll likely get this too. One thing I saw mentioned in a review was that the game actually lets you get through it without actually seeing a lot of whats new. Normally a game pushes you towards that kind of stuff.

Advertisement