Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Good Fight (Good Wife Spin-off)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭corkie

Thanks, watching now!

Forgot that it was due to air!

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

Not sure about the Diane storyline.
    Her character would never start taking or end up dependant on psychoactive drugs.
    Seems a bit out of character and far-fetched.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

furiousox wrote: »
    Not sure about the Diane storyline.
    Her character would never start taking or end up dependant on psychoactive drugs.
    Seems a bit out of character and far-fetched.

That did seem somewhat strange but
    she is pretty much at the 'who gives a fu<k' stage in life, so why not give it a go?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Meh. The second episode looks deadly though, going by the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought that was an excellent first episode of new series, can't wait for rest of the series

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Strong episode to open season 2.
    beertons wrote: »
    Meh. The second episode looks deadly though, going by the trailer.

Second Episode was excellent, better than the opening episode.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Where Can I watch this, which channel or online?

TIA.

paulgalway wrote: »
    Where Can I watch this, which channel or online?

TIA.

Second season will be starting on More4, 15 March 2018 at 9:00 pm or you can watch the first season on all4!

https://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/the-good-fight/

Had already been posted in thread:-

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    More4 on Thursday March 15th at 9pm for season 2

• Advertisement

Second episode was excellent!
    It is really hitting the heights of peak the good wife imo.
    Plus love some Judge Abernathy :)

Fingers crossed for Elsbeth Tascioni in this series

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Judge Abernathy is the business, always happy to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

One episode from finishing season 1 and loving it. The writing is just so good (don't care for Maia or her storyline though)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mrs John Snow wrecks my head I just don't think she is a good actress and on this show she is surrounded by a lot of really good actors.

I'm getting a strong Jodie Foster vibe from Rose Leslie's performance, especially her portrayal of Clarice from Silence of the Lambs.
    Mrs John Snow wrecks my head I just don't think she is a good actress and on this show she is surrounded by a lot of really good actors.

Different opinions on her performance.

Forgot about it been on More4 tonight.

I would tend to agree I think she is the weakest link on the show...i think its partially the accent is a bit of a strain...where is with Cush Jumbo the accent isnt a distraction at all (She is from London!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think what Maia has against her is that nearly the entire cast in The Good Fight are known to the audience from The Good Wife, so she's always starting off from an inferior narrative position. If anything, her character suffered from being underwritten (am speaking, having only seen season 1 so far BTW), with everyone, her own parents included, having more development, while she just seemed to orbit around other peoples' lives. She wasn't the only one, as Barbara, a named partner at the firm & you'd have thought a main character, barely ever got a look in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

She has a perpetual flustered look and never looks confident. I agree the accent is under strain as well. I don't think she's a bad actress or anything; she was perfectly fine in GOT.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Another good episode, I'm glad the Maia and her Dad story arc isn't the main plot point. Good craic with Diane out of her box.

Really solid episode have to agree, I kinda wish I could binge this show all at once!

Another Good Wife character is going to have a guest arc.......
    Lemond Bishop
    :D

Another really good episode this week - something a bit different following the two stories linking into each other.
    Cush Jumbo and Christine Baranksi in particular were excellent.

Holy fcuk what a great bomb drop by Lucca!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

Sssshh, haven't watched it yet!! :pac:

CPL 593H

Keesha Sharp plays Naomi Nivola!

MV5BZmQ4YTQ1ZTctOTEwYi00NDM3LWE1ZTQtZjk3ZThkNmY1ZTM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMyMzg4Nw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Fans of the Lethal Weapon Series might recognize her!

• Advertisement

This has gotten so much better now that Maia and her story have been knocked down to a supporting role.

This week's episode was so good and keeps so many storylines going on and all really strong.

Lucca & Marissa are awesome.

And Dinae tripping about Trump having sex every episode is also so good.

Advertisement