Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomas Street

• 12-03-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, I am viewing a property in Waterford on Thomas Street this week.
    I wonder if anyone with local knowledge can give me some background on the immediate area.

I understand it is on street parking, can I get a resident parking for this street?
    Are cars generally safe in the area when parked on the street?
    Is it generally safe for a girl walking home at night?

I see it is very close to lots of amenities shopping, pubs etc, just a little unsure of security.
    Any other local feedback would be appreciaterd

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Max Powers wrote: »
    Sent you a PM

What did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Gardner

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    What did it say?

in a very nice way...........basically its ****hole full of eastern Europeans selling contaminated cocaine and cheap left hand drive skoda's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Arklow10 wrote: »
    I understand it is on street parking, can I get a resident parking for this street?

As I understand it, yes, but check with the council.

Are cars generally safe in the area when parked on the street?

Not aware of any specific problems, but it's a secondary street just outside the city centre - you could be unlucky.

Is it generally safe for a girl walking home at night?

As a man, I'm not really qualified to answer that question! :pac:

See previous answer... and you should probably take a look around the area after hours to see how you feel about it. I'm sure you're a big girl and would know all the common-sense precautions to take.

My own take on it is that people are a little nervous about all the big Eastern European lads living in that part of town. But a lot of the Eastern Europeans are living there in families or as couples, so I feel it's safer there than it looks. I did hear a tale (not sure how true) about some local scumbag attacking someone and getting taken to task by a number of big Polish lads from nearby apartments. Make of that what you will, and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Arklow10

Thank you all for your responses. I walked the street and spoke to some locals, all seemed fine, so I am happy to give it a go.

Thank you all again

• Advertisement
Advertisement