Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend anything similar to weihenstephan?

Options
  • 10-03-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Love this stuff but anything around similar or nicer that you would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

zweton wrote: »

The dunkel or?

It's probably the best you can get in Ireland imo.

Maybe rothaus, but not sure how easy it is to find, the drinkstore were doing it a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Sorry the original one (blue label i think). But the dunkel is great too would settle for that :-)

Never tried rothaus, hard to get too?

Sorry the original one (blue label i think). But the dunkel is great too would settle for that :-)

Never tried rothaus, hard to get too?

It used to be around the place, I'e not seen it for awhile.

You could try this if not had it before. Their other "taps" are great too.

4003669016203.jpg

That tap 5? Think i tried a few flavours a while back (not sure which tap) but was only ok. Not sure if i tried this one though? Is 5 closest to weihenstephen ?

That tap 5? Think i tried some a while back but was only ok. Not sure if i tried this one though? Is 5 closest to weihenstephen ?

Sorry, I didn't realize the pic wasn't so clear

It's tap 7. The nicest of them all IMO.

• Advertisement

will check it out cheers :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No idea where you are OP, but of it's any use to you The Black Wolf in Blanchardstown have Weihenstephaner on draught.

Thanks all the same mate but no where near there :D

Will see if i can order online somewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Augustiner's Edelstoff and Helles are available in the better beer off licences and are along similar lines. Edelstoff in particular is an all-time favourite of mine. Look out for Larkin's Helles too which should be showing up in the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Helles ?
    If I’m correct, I agree with you, its a smashing beer but then so are all their beers
    I also like “Schlenkerla Helles” which should be available in some decent offies
    Also, someone mentioned Edelstoff, and I second that suggestion.
    If you want something a bit cheaper for a change, Spaten is decent and is available widely and cheaply.
    If you want to try something different from weihensteptan, can I suggest their Vitus. Its a weizenbock and not a helles, so different style but its a fanastic beer. of course if 7.7% abv, so not a session beer! Should be available in most offies which stock the Helles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I also like “Schlenkerla Helles” which should be available in some decent offies
    It's a bit different, though, because it has a smoky flavour.
    If you want something a bit cheaper for a change, Spaten is decent and is available widely and cheaply.
    Absolutely! A steal at €1.69 in Aldi.

I had a bottle of this last night and thought you might be interested if you've not tried it. I really enjoyed it. Tasted really fresh.

braupakt1-768x500.jpg

Where did you buy it?

Advertisement