Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Instant pot

• 13-08-2017 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭

I am looking for Instant pot.

Do they sell it in Ireland?

On Amazon they are for 100 pounds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Only Amazon asfaik. I just got one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

How much you paid for shipping?
    Any similar pot available in Ireland?
    Only Amazon asfaik. I just got one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ok, I'll ask, what the heck is an instant pot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ok, I'll ask, what the heck is an instant pot?

http://instantpot.com/

...I think!

Good thing about this is you can Sautè food.
    me_irl wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

So it's a pressure cooker?

Electric pressure cooker+open frying/cooking+time set feature+non-stick pan+etc
    jaffa20 wrote: »
    So it's a pressure cooker?

How much you paid for shipping?
    Any similar pot available in Ireland?

Im sure there is-I just went with this on recommendations

Shipping was free from Amazon. I only got it on friday so I have literally only done potatoes in it (8 mins+pressurising). Loved that I could walk away from them.

Cool. Any idea if it was ever lower than 100 pounds?
    Im sure there is-I just went with this on recommendations

Shipping was free from Amazon. I only got it on friday so I have literally only done potatoes in it (8 mins+pressurising). Loved that I could walk away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

OP Do you need an instant Pot straight away? If you don’t and you can afford to hang on until the end of November which is only 2 1/2 months away now anyway, the Instant Pot is usually on sale on Amazon for Black Friday for about £60. It might even be lower this year. They are well worth getting though. I love mine.

• Advertisement

No, i can wait till November is prices will be 60 or so :)

The Lowest * £69.99 Oct 15, 2016

I don't know what's there on 15 Oct. Oct is 2 months away only.
    squonk wrote: »
    OP Do you need an instant Pot straight away? If you don’t and you can afford to hang on until the end of November which is only 2 1/2 months away now anyway, the Instant Pot is usually on sale on Amazon for Black Friday for about £60. It might even be lower this year. They are well worth getting though. I love mine.

I saw this one earlier. This model dont have really good reviews. So i am thinking to stick with Instant Pot. Thanks for suggestion though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I got my instant pot off amazon, probably paid £120 for it (pre brexit). It's used at least twice a week, and it's the best. It's no more non-stick than any pot though, FYI, so if you're planning to sautée but not pressurecook/slowcook/simmer, you're better off with a pan.

Tree wrote: »
    I got my instant pot off amazon, probably paid £120 for it (pre brexit). It's used at least twice a week, and it's the best. It's no more non-stick than any pot though, FYI, so if you're planning to sautée but not pressurecook/slowcook/simmer, you're better off with a pan.

So far I'm really loving it. Perfect addition to a family household where speed is crucial. Risotto this evening, yum and no monitoring needed!

There is a sautee button on it. Do you think non-stick part isn't great? I cook few dishes where i have to try onion first and then pressure cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pigtail33

For frying onions, I always set the sauté mode to low, or else I find they stick and burn. There is also a ceramic non-stick inner pot available on Amazon.

That's great. I don't need to fry onions until brown. Just until when they are translucent.

I will wait till Nov and buy it on sale.
    pigtail33 wrote: »
    For frying onions, I always set the sauté mode to low, or else I find they stick and burn. There is also a ceramic non-stick inner pot available on Amazon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

There is a sautee button on it. Do you think non-stick part isn't great? I cook few dishes where i have to try onion first and then pressure cook.
    If I'm deglazing w/ a load of water (wine), the onions scrape up well, but it's not really a standalone sauté mode, it's something for browning food to pressure/slow cook.

As pigtails says, the lower sauté modes are what you want. Sauté's handy for reducing sauces after too.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. I will learn these features when I get instant pot
    If I'm deglazing w/ a load of water (wine), the onions scrape up well, but it's not really a standalone sauté mode, it's something for browning food to pressure/slow cook.

As pigtails says, the lower sauté modes are what you want. Sauté's handy for reducing sauces after too.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

I just saw the Feisty Tapas blog, which has a lot of Instant Pot recipes and it's from this side of the Atlantic.

me_irl wrote: »

Designed by Canadians, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pigtail33

arian wrote: »
    I just saw the Feisty Tapas blog, which has a lot of Instant Pot recipes and it's from this side of the Atlantic.

Maria, who runs the Feisty Tapas blog, also runs the Instant Pot UK Community Page on Facebook, worth checking out if you're looking for some recipe inspiration.

Also a good few recipes here https://www.everynookandcranny.net/category/instant-pot-recipes/
    I have yet to try the cheesecakes, but they look AMAZING.

Waiting for Black Friday to get my Instant pot at a discounted price. It's still 99 pounds

I'm a complete convert to this! With a toddler, the best part of it is not massively sacrificing flavour but not having to hover over the cooker. Yes I brown stuff off etc but once it's browned you can walk. So far I've added, pasta bolognaise, chicken risotto, chicken/egg fried rice to our standard weekly coking list. Tomorrow I try a stew! Oh and I've had porridge every morning. It cooks for my husband at 5 and stays warm for us at 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I need to get a pressure cooker and a slow cooker. Any point in getting this as it works out more expensive?

What else does it do.

Lets you sauté w/o having to dirty a frying pan. TBH, since I've got mine, I havent bothered slow cooking anything (and gave away my slow cooker) as you can pressure cook a lot of slow cooker recipes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hey everyone! I'm desperately waiting to buy an Instant Pot, they're sold out everywhere! I signed up to the newsletter and I check Amazon regularly. I emailed IP and they said sometime March so fingers crossed, but I imagine they'll sell out sharpish! So I'm just wondering is it worth the wait?? When I search Amazon I see loads of similar products, should I hold out for an IP or just buy a similar one?

Decisions decisions! Any advice welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Instant Pot just dropped to £59.99 on Amazon for Black Friday, lowest price it has ever been

Advertisement