Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seed golf ball

Options
  • 23-02-2018 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Anyone else using or tried this ball made in carlow. I bought the SD.15 country mile ball couldn't believe how long it was off the tee & plenty grip around the green. Played 30 holes with first ball seen 15-40yrd increase till I hooked it into the trees haha worth a try great ball for small money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johnk16

Used them the last few weeks! Great ball and surprisingly durable! Not sure how they're managing to produce it at the price but all the better for us! Great Value!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Actually have a box of the SD01 ordered. €30 delivered. I'll let ye know how I get on with them. Might be a few weeks though before I get to give them a go. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

They previously released a box of prototype balls. Think they were actually the SD05 & I picked up a box. Have to say I was pretty impressed with the performance of them myself.

Playing with my whatever is in the bag, winter balls at the moment so haven't used them for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

there was a thread on here last year about them
    all good reviews - i must get a box and try them out

like space, i'm using all the crap i have at the moment.
    thought now i think aboiut it, i think it might be time to go back to a really decent abll because my game is gone to the dogs at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

I manage to create excess driver spin which I'm working on correcting at the moment. Which of their offerings would be the low driver spin model?l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Seve OB wrote: »
    there was a thread on here last year about them
    all good reviews - i must get a box and try them out

like space, i'm using all the crap i have at the moment.
    thought now i think aboiut it, i think it might be time to go back to a really decent abll because my game is gone to the dogs at the moment

Yep, could be the ball ok or your shoes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

I manage to create excess driver spin which I'm working on correcting at the moment. Which of their offerings would be the low driver spin model?l

The €10 A dozen county mile ball can't go wrong at that price. Two piece ball super & Irish made

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

I have tried the SD-05 and was very impressed. Only one round though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Ordered 8 Dozen for our work golf society - to give out a sleeve each at the first event.
    Have ordered a dozen of each the SD01 & SD05 to split with my cousin. Should get them monday assuming Ireland thaws out

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Looking at their website and quiet an innovative way of doing business in the golf industry hope they make a mint, a dozen of whatever every 2nd month would be the way to go for me. The reviews look impressive, will this be a "cult ball" is there even such a thing, i suppose the nearest that i can think of is those aul Penfold commando's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

I’m going to give these a try myselfball r views have been positive and they are very competively priced. The key for them will be getting someone on tour to use them

slingerz wrote: »
    I’m going to give these a try myselfball r views have been positive and they are very competively priced. The key for them will be getting someone on tour to use them

And the problem there is that doesn't come cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

it disrupts the traditional model somewhat - i've gone with the one off purchase to start, though the subscription model could be good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

lester76 wrote: »
    The €10 A dozen county mile ball can't go wrong at that price. Two piece ball super & Irish made

I would be fairly sure they aren't Irish made.

I'm sceptical at the best of times but the best I've come across is a few articles saying they are "Irish designed".... and that could be a loose term i.e. the logo could be Irish designed

The founder is an Australian who set up Seed in Carlow, he has a background in distribution of golf equipment.
    www.golfretailing.com/features/the-ogio-impact/

If they're cheap and good then that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

got some myself of the country mile, will try em out as soon as, anything impressive i will report back.

PARlance wrote: »

I'm sceptical at the best of times but the best I've come across is a few articles saying they are "Irish designed".... and that could be a loose term i.e. the logo could be Irish designed

The founder is an Australian who set up Seed in Carlow, he has a background in distribution of golf equipment.

I'd be pretty sure you're right there PARlance, the look distinctly like another small golf ball producer that I've bought balls from, who I think are based in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

PARlance wrote: »

I was under the impression that all golf balls were made/manufactured in the same 3/4 factories in the world, but that could just be an old wives tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

I was under the impression that all golf balls were made/manufactured in the same 3/4 factories in the world, but that could just be an old wives tale.

says 'made in taiwan' on the box.

sold in Ireland might be more accurate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Where do you buy these? Any one got a link,?

Where do you buy these? Any one got a link,?

http://seedgolf.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

playing yesterday morning I found one. tried it out......not bad feel of iron and putter but tbh it does look a bit cheap but maybe that's the golfsnob in me.

I'd like to see them tested agains other leading balls rather than just personal reviews.

if they are as good as they say, they should be showing us these scientific test results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

didn't Peter Finch do a review of them and the Kirkland on a trackman last year? they had pretty high spin rate and big distance.

i have them in the car will use them at Dromoland.
    it's a company setup out of my old College so will give them a bit of support.

found the link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OdpIRGr9K0

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just ordered the bundle option for €65 including shipping. Very cheap for 36 balls and even if I don't like them I'll use them for the practice area.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'd like to see them tested agains other leading balls rather than just personal reviews.

if they are as good as they say, they should be showing us these scientific test results

peter finch did a comparison test with them and the pro v1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfLF5xcJODs&t=97s

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just ordered the bundle option for €65 including shipping. Very cheap for 36 balls and even if I don't like them I'll use them for the practice area.

Ordered at 12:00 yesterday and delivered at 13:30 today. Have to say that's a great turn around.

Will report back after a few rounds on each type of ball.

fearruanua wrote: »
    peter finch did a comparison test with them and the pro v1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfLF5xcJODs&t=97s

Looked at a few reviews there. TBH I don't understand enough about the numbers he is quoting. Eg, launch angel, what is better and same with all the other categories. He just quotes the numbers and expects you the viewer to understand them. He deffo prefers the pro v but seems to think the seed are good bang for their buck

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Used country mile one today, held up well so will get another round out of it. Travelled well and is still soft enough. Need a few more rounds but good start

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Used country mile one today, held up well so will get another round out of it. Travelled well and is still soft enough. Need a few more rounds but good start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Benscc

I'd be pretty sure you're right there PARlance, the look distinctly like another small golf ball producer that I've bought balls from, who I think are based in Germany

You're thinking of Vice - and yes, they look identical dimple pattern but Vice do a 4 piece and the SD1 is only 3.

All these newly emerging Guerrilla balls seem to be coming out of the Foremost golf factory in TW, Acushnet is trying to sue a lot of these startups for patent infringement.

I'm using the Seed SD1 and can't fault it, especially for the price, it's pretty much the same as a Pro V1 in all characteristics of performance - but just under half the price.

Advertisement