Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Jessica Parker v's Kim Cattrall Feud (Mean girls culture on SATC)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I watched the interview with Piers and thought Kim came across very well. I don't blame her for that response at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BellaMama

I watched the interview with Piers and thought Kim came across very well. I don't blame her for that response at all.

I havent seen the interview, but looking forward to checking it out. It will be interesting to see her comments on SJP as I believe its the first time she really spoke about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I thought she was quite magnanimous without bull****ting. Pretty classy lady imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

There's been rumours about this for years. But I always dismissed them as there seemed to be very little substance to them.

What this reads as is Kim just being a bit distraught at her brother's passing and letting her guard down a bit.

Supposedly, whenever she'd demur at the idea of doing another SATC film, rumours would start about her demanding more money, when it seems she just wasn't bothered about doing another one. SJP even was quoted as saying recently: "I'm disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story.". To me, this is SJP slyly having a dig at Cattrall. I think it's understandable that she doesn't want to do another film. She's 61 years old and probably done with playing a sex-crazed character. So I reckon she just snapped, her brother's death maybe being a catalyst.

I like Cattrall, and if the rumours of her treatment on the set of SATC are true, then it must have been a demoralising place to work. I think SJP was also miffed that Samantha was a popular character whereas everyone kinda hated Carrie! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BellaMama

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Supposedly, whenever she'd demur at the idea of doing another SATC film, rumours would start about her demanding more money, when it seems she just wasn't bothered about doing another one. SJP even was quoted as saying recently: "I'm disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story.". To me, this is SJP slyly having a dig at Cattrall. I think it's understandable that she doesn't want to do another film. She's 61 years old and probably done with playing a sex-crazed character. So I reckon she just snapped, her brother's death maybe being a catalyst.

I would totally agree with this, and it seems like many of sjp friends on set did the same re the possibility of the SATC 3rd movie, i rem a while back too there was a quote from willie garson who played Stanford dissing Kim Catrall too
    https://www.glamour.com/story/willie-garson-tweets-sex-and-the-city-drama

It seems SJP had a lot of folks onside when it came to Kim but you wonder was it truly because Kim was a bitch or was it just because SJP was the boss and calling the shots! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kim was the star which I think SJP did not like, if there is more SATC I assume no more Samantha

Samantha is missed from And Just Like That

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

Samantha was the real star in the original series this new woke virtue signalling series is piss poor without her. She was clever to avoid it and i hear its being cancelled under the strain of the allegations against Chris Noth. But we all know its bombed everyone is fed up of wokery and they over did it to the point of insanity. Its an LGBTQ+++ fest with a lot of " colour". The mentioning of age in every second sentence is also a bit dry as women in their 50's & 60's are far more fun than these idiots. The wardrobes are also like a bad Vincent de Paul Shop

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Kim is back for a short cameo in season 2

I would welcome a London spin off featuring Samantha

• Advertisement
Advertisement