Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost in Space (Netflix) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I believe on reddit, this kind of thing is known as a "sh*tpost". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix have been talking about doing this reboot since the start of there move into Originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Would be great if the original series was available on Netflix. And Land of the Giants. Actually all of Irwin Allen's stuff would be most welcomed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Netflix have been talking about doing this reboot since the start of there move into Originals.

Nothing ironic about that statement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The music at the start sounds incredibly 'Battlestar Galactica'.

• Advertisement

Casting has started.

Taylor Russell will play Judy Robinson.

http://tvline.com/2016/09/16/lost-in-space-remake-netflix-taylor-russell-cast-judy-robinson/

• Here's hoping they bring back Matt leBlanc.

• Someone mentioned Land of the Giants,it's starting a rerun on the Horror Channel from tomorrow (Mon 19th).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Someone mentioned Land of the Giants,it's starting a rerun on the Horror Channel from tomorrow (Mon 19th).

Brilliant! WhAt times?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Toby Stephens and Molly Parker cast as parents - TV Line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Parker Posey to play Dr. Smith - TV Line

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Toby Stephens and Molly Parker cast as parents - TV Line

does this mean Black Sails is gone?

Skerries wrote: »
    does this mean Black Sails is gone?

The next season is the final one.

Get Lost on Friday April 13th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Full trailer: do we know how much is being spent on this, cos it looks like a lot going by all the FX & locations on display. Netflix really are flashing the cash ATM...

In any case, looks intriguing, with a strangely 'The 100' vibe about it (astronauts trapped in Canadian wilderness haha), though something like this often lives or dies on how annoying or likeable its child actors are.

Comes out April 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That looks gorgeous - looks like they spent a fortune on it.

Robot looks very sinister. They couldn't really go for the old style though (with the vacuum cleaner hose arms!) :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mr E wrote: »
    That looks gorgeous - looks like they spent a fortune on it.

Robot looks very sinister. They couldn't really go for the old style though (with the vacuum cleaner hose arms!) :)

It does, doesn't it? I just hope they don't nuke its potential by releasing a gimmick movie around the same time as the show came out, ala Altered Carbon.

As many have remarked, the robot looks incredibly similar to the Geth robots from Mass Effect. Like, almost legally too similar :D

The pilot got a very good reviews at WonderCon when it was aired there last night.

I've seen a few none spoiler reviews call this a remake of Lost.... But in Space.

So Lost Lost in Space :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

ah right, so in the end, it'll turn out they are all in a space museum with some sort of chemical lab next door leaking in some hallucinogenic gas :D

• Advertisement

As I didn’t read and they say they are none spoiler I’m taking it as something along the lines of multiple timelines with flashbacks and flash forwards more so than an a remake of Lost in that sense.

And of course a Polar Bear in space.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Good review on digital spy today

Bumping the thread as it appeared on Netflix (IE) this morning; as always I'm a chewer, not a binger so I'll be taking my time, but actually kinda looking forward to this one...

• Watched the first one earlier. Was ok but wasn't mad on any of the characters so far. Found them a hard bunch to like.

Something at the very start gave me a chuckle, the autopilot/computer is calling their distance to impact in feet but the gauge on screen is in meters. They were doomed from the start :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Anyone get 2 to 3 episodes in? Advance reviews don't indicate the first episode is the one to get hooked.

Halfway through the second and finding it a bit Meh to be honest.

Beautifully filmed but not liking the characters they are quiet dislikeable.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭fitz

3 episodes in and I actually quite like that
    they've made the family dynamic a bit strained. I think the unlikeable-ness comes of the little bits of sniping at each other. It gives the characters somewhere to go, even if its a little obvious. Enjoying it a lot overall so far. The production design is lovely, action is decent, and the just enough mystery to things for now. Looking forward to watching more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

20 minutes in to first episode....
    ehhhh... they're not lost in space. They're lost on a colony planet that they had intended on landing on, with 8 other ships parked somewhere else on the planet.
    . This looks like they went halfway between the ridiculousness of the 'family lost in space on a planet of talking carrots' premise and a 'grounded in reality' drama. Its too dull.... so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just watched first episode... My first thought... Wow they spent a lot of money on this!.... Not bad let's see where it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The piece of music at 20s into the trailer reminds me of level 1 of some game but I can't remember what. Anyone any ideas?

Advertisement