Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a Mobile Phone from eglobal central website

Comments

Bought from them last month and all was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Bought from them last month and all was perfect

ooh right that sounds good - seen a nokia 6 I like the look of , much cheaper on there dont think I can find a match of the price in a irish shop or website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

Have bought 3 phones from them at this stage. Great value. Only problem, and its not a biggie, is delivery can be a bit slow - maybe 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Bought two phones off them last year for myself and the missus. No problems and way cheaper than buying here.

moto G5s is looking a bit tasty now off there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Big thread on them here. Mainly camera equipment but some mixed reviews on buying phones over the last 10/15 pages

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

NATLOR wrote: »
    Big thread on them here. Mainly camera equipment but some mixed reviews on buying phones over the last 10/15 pages

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

great thanks - wow , big thread but I will try to read it..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 crzg

Just adding my experience as I was a little worried about ordering but took a punt because I was able to get a Xiaomi mix 2s for about 70 quid cheaper than I could find elsewhere. Thought the worst when I got some generic shipping updates on the Eglobal site before it went to DPD but worked out!

Ordered late on Thursday June 21st, arrived morning of Wednesday June 27th (less than 4 working days!). They seem to take care of customs and duty as part of the price and that is crazy fast delivery. Still waiting on an Amazon delivery I ordered a few days earlier! Used to order from Gearbest but took way too long.

I paid a tenner for insured delivery, but I got a fiver off using a discount code. All in very pleased with this! Also got the international version of the Mix 2s, so it's out of the box usable.

Shipping updates below in case anyone is interested.

From Eglobal site tracking:

2018-06-26 Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information: XXXXXXXXX

2018-06-25 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.

2018-06-24 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.

2018-06-23 In transit.

2018-06-22 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

From DPD site:

27 Jun 2018 11:18 Dublin N/e Delivered
    27 Jun 2018 10:54 Dublin N/e Carded
    27 Jun 2018 08:30 Dublin N/e Out for delivery
    27 Jun 2018 00:56 Hub 4 - Hinckley We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Dublin depot
    27 Jun 2018 00:50 Hub 4 - Hinckley We have X-rayed your parcel as part of our normal security procedures
    26 Jun 2018 18:40 International Gateway We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Dublin depot

crzg wrote: »
    Just adding my experience as I was a little worried about ordering but took a punt because I was able to get a Xiaomi mix 2s for about 70 quid cheaper than I could find elsewhere. Thought the worst when I got some generic shipping updates on the Eglobal site before it went to DPD but worked out!

Ordered late on Thursday June 21st, arrived morning of Wednesday June 27th (less than 4 working days!). They seem to take care of customs and duty as part of the price and that is crazy fast delivery. Still waiting on an Amazon delivery I ordered a few days earlier! Used to order from Gearbest but took way too long.

I paid a tenner for insured delivery, but I got a fiver off using a discount code. All in very pleased with this! Also got the international version of the Mix 2s, so it's out of the box usable.

2018-06-26 Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information: XXXXXXXXX

2018-06-23 In transit.

2018-06-22 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

From DPD site:

27 Jun 2018 00:56 Hub 4 - Hinckley We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Dublin depot
    27 Jun 2018 00:50 Hub 4 - Hinckley We have X-rayed your parcel as part of our normal security procedures
    26 Jun 2018 18:40 International Gateway We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Dublin depot

thank you - most informative. its good you had a positive experience with them . the prices look quite attractive indeed on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Are they brand new or will a used phone arrive?
    If they are new how can they sell them so cheap? Is it because they really are that cheap and we just get ripped off over here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

How much for the Mix 2s please?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

2018-06-23 In transit.

From DPD site:

so it arrived with no VAT to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

DRice wrote: »
    so it arrived with no VAT to pay?

If it came from Hinkley then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 crzg

Just seeing all of these

@abarkie - on price, it was what was listed on the site. I'll let you check for the latest price

@DRice - received with no VAT charge, while it was sent via Hinkley I am not sure where it originated. I thought Asia..

On the price - huge markups no doubt. Buying it from a third party like Three, they have to make their margin somewhere. Phone was brand new, in sealed packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kbrady85

This is my experience (copy and pasted from my trustpilot review)

You might get lucky and get your phone/device delivered promptly as it appears many customers on here have but when problems arise they are a nightmare to deal with.

My phone was ordered 23 days ago and still no sign of it being delivered. The website churns out a generic status update everyday which are completely fake and worse than useless. Any attempt to contact customer services will lead to a slightly longer generic excuse although now they are not even returning my emails.

Again, you might get lucky but if I had my time over I'd spend the extra few euro and buy from a more reputable company. Delays can happen anyons but their lack of engagement and/or information is deplorable. AVOID

After placing my order on the 26th I'm now here, with WND. Whatever that is. From checking online it doesn't sound too good. They've given me a tracking reference with AnPost, but it redirects to the following URL which states there are no results.

http://track.anpost.ie/TrackingNoResults.aspx

In transit 333_333_333_RandomNumbers (These are characters and numbers)
    10:32 Today BST
    Visit tracking site: An Post
    In transit SCANNED TO CONTAINER 08:11 Today BST
    In transit PROCESSED DOWN PACKET LINE 05:13 Today BST
    Elec Advice recd by carrier 04:06 Mon 30 Sep 2019 BST
    Despatched DESPATCHED 03:00 Mon 30 Sep 2019 BST
    Awaiting Despatch 02:46 Mon 30 Se

42019-10-03 Your parcel has arrived at WND, please follow this link for further information:
    32019-10-02 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22019-10-01 In transit.
    12019-09-30 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It's likely going to be handed over to An Post when it reaches here, it's only been in transit 3 working days so I reckon you'll get An Post tracking results by Monday.

Advertisement