Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super Rugby- Stadiums

• 03-03-2018 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever been to a super Rugby game? Whats the atmosphere like? I watch it a bit but have noticed out side of NZ they always seem to be played in international size stadiums. Always loads of empty seats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I watched the Crusaders beat the Highlanders in Forsyth Barr stadium in 2015 in Dunedin and it was brilliant. It's a great stadium in a great town and it was absolutely packed with fantastic atmosphere.

From watching the games on TV that seems an uncommon enough experience though, but I guess it's the game you go to and the location that'll drive the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Had a season ticket at the Waratahs when I lived in Sydney. The atmosphere is good among those who go but the massive grounds make it difficult. Think the Tahs would average about 19/20k in a ground that held 45000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I had a season ticket for Queensland Reds for 2007 & 2008.
    Lang Park is an amazing venue but the crowds for rugby union were pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Been to Newlands to watch Stormers, atmosphere was decent there but been to a number of Waratahs games and it was never great at Moore Park, very sparse crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Been to a few in New Zealand, Sydney and Perth. Good games all, great to see the likes of all blacks, wallabies and Saffies in the flesh.
    Atmosphere was a bit flat at times, but that said when you've been to a few Heineken cup games with a bit of niggle/history between the sides it's hard to imagine any atmosphere coming close.
    You're right about the big stadiums being half empty, just seems wrong,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

Cheers folks, would still love to check one out, maybe some day. A shame they don't have a few smaller grounds though, may help with the atmosphere issues

Advertisement