Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

• 15-02-2018 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Those two guys look old. I wonder if they will actually fight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

His face off walk at the end looks like a tame 6 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ralph Macchio is now four years older (56) than Pat Morita (52) was playing Mister Miyagi in the original film.

Just reading up on this and it is ten 30 minute episodes and it's a single camera comedy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If it's a comedy it could work but is this the 3rd or 4th reboot of the concept at this stage?

I'd say 2nd reboot. KK4 had Hilary Swank but Pat Morita was in it so it was kind of a sequel/spinoff. The Karate Kid with Jaden Smith was the first proper reboot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »
    I'd say 2nd reboot. KK4 had Hilary Swank but Pat Morita was in it so it was kind of a sequel/spinoff. The Karate Kid with Jaden Smith was the first proper reboot.

Wasn't the Swank 1 called the Next Karate Kid, I'm counting reboot on that 1 ;) I seem to recall a previous TV series, might have been a cartoon, and then that pile of **** that was the Smith 1. With those in mind this new 1 could be 4 reboots/attempts

You could also say that this is a direct sequel to KK3. Same actors, same world. So it's not a reboot of that. :)

Teaser 2.

Teaser 3 Sensei Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This trailer feel a step up .. maybe it's the rock music

• Advertisement

I'm not going to lie that make me laugh and brought a smile to my face I really want to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I haven't been this excited for a new TV show in a long time. At first I thought it was a piss take, but this could be really good.

How do you get Youtube Red?

Looking more polished in these two teasers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Looks like they are going for the old role reversal. I already don’t like Danielson from
    The trailer. Looks like it might be a bit of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Grrr, stop bumping til it's out!!!

Fecking trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Johnny got a bad rap unfairly when he was a kid, i hope this evens it out :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is it really bad that the tv show cant even afford to use the makes of the cars?!

Typical.

https://www.youtube.com/red

YouTube Red isn’t available in Ireland,

Typical.

YouTube Red isn’t available in Ireland,

Their problem.

Not seen before Alternate Ending Clip from the original Karate Kid.

Also Ed Asner :):):)

• Advertisement

Hype growing

Today's the day, finally!

IGN gave the first two episodes 8.5. This definitely looks like one to watch. :)
    Must watch some tonight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Are the episodes going to be available here free?

pc7 wrote: »
    Are the episodes going to be available here free?

There are now anyway I've watched the first one and it's fantastic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

There are now anyway I've watched the first one and it's fantastic.

Aw fantastic, thanks didn't want to open link in work, cannot wait to get home and get the smallies to bed! :D

First two are free.

€2.49 for each of the other 8.

There is no way to subscribe to YouTube Red in Ireland yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Or you can sign up to a month's free trial on Youtube Red when you're on your American 'holidays'!

• Advertisement

Just watched the first episode there. Excellent. Hard not to have sympathy for Johnny. Trying to figure out how he went off the rails after the loss really considering he took it with such grace and sportsmanship at the time.

I think it was the fact he became disillusioned with the Cobra Kai who defined his youth in many respect. While a bad company they gave him organisation, structure and discipline in his life and when that went there was a huge void to fill.

Such an interesting story in many respects. Needs a cameo or two from Elizabeth Shue though ;)

Advertisement