Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who has the fittest team in the 6N?

Options
  • 01-03-2018 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

Interested to see thoughts on this - who do you think has the fittest team in the 6N?

Who has the fittest team? 23 votes

England
    0% 0 votes
    France
    17% 4 votes
    Ireland
    0% 0 votes
    Italy
    56% 13 votes
    Scotland
    8% 2 votes
    Wales
    17% 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wales' ability to put in hundreds of tackles and still be running the length of the pitch at 80 minutes gets them my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

In fairness the Ireland squad is full of rides

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

turnikett1 wrote: »
    In fairness the Ireland squad is full of rides

C-Tadhg-Furlong.jpg

*blocks your path*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Which use of the word fittest are we going by here? Rob Kearney fit or a bleep test?

It’s hard to gauge fitness, because defence is more energy sapping than attack, so teams that defend a lot need to be fitter. The French wouldn’t be particularly fit but they did pretty good defending against us. I’d say overall it would be between us and the Welsh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd have to say Wales based on the fact they've purposefully worked on conditioning to help them attack the final 10 minutes of a game. Looked evident against us when our pack were struggling to corner flag with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

stephen_n wrote: »
    Which use of the word fittest are we going by here? Rob Kearney fit or a bleep test?

Perception of fitness. When starting this thread, I was wondering which team most Irish rugby fans *think* is the fittest.

I think there's probably some natural bias for everyone to think that their team is the fittest. Then there's the stories from folks who've worked in France on Top14 fitness - or lack thereof - and recently I've heard a few different sources talking about how Gatland always has his teams at the top end of the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I think Wales do. Sometimes they don't have the best quality but they never stop. Not sure there'd be much between ourselves, Scotland and England.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

French players only aim to get proper fit by about April. Up until that they work on strength mainly.

Advertisement