Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry City FC thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't have setanta either!

I watched it via iptv

Ah! Gotcha (even though I don't know what that is!)

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So Derry City about to have their last game at home in Donegal.

It was a strange season. There was much excitement at the start and the place was packed, with some great displays, but it all seemed to fall away as the season went on. Maybe to be expected what with the tragedy we suffered.

But it will be great to get back to our home in the Brandywell, although I am not looking forward to watching games on astroturf. I'm old-fashioned like that. Plus its a longer trip to the Brandywell than to Maginn Park for me, but I can live with that.

Maginn is closer for me also.  They were debating in council this evening about renaming the stadium after Ryan McBride.  I'd prefer if they kept the stadium as the Brandywell and named a stand after him instead...

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Maginn is closer for me also.  They were debating in council this evening about renaming the stadium after Ryan McBride.  I'd prefer if they kept the stadium as the Brandywell and named a stand after him instead...

Totally agree.
    To rename the stadium would be too much imho.
    The new stand would be perfect, and maybe rename the old one after Mark Farren.

Yep!

• Advertisement

The new kit has been released. Looks good. Looking forward to the start of the new season.

New kits, home and away, both look the part. Good to see Adidas back.

Its looking like the upgrade to the Brandywell will not be completed in time for the 1st home game of the season v Sligo, and we will likely have to play that game away from home. But nothing official announced yet.

So first home game may be v Dundalk.

Its looking like the upgrade to the Brandywell will not be completed in time for the 1st home game of the season v Sligo, and we will likely have to play that game away from home. But nothing official announced yet.

It's now official - the Sligo match will be at the Showgrounds.

Good to have the season back up and running.

DCFC away to Waterford in the opener.

Currently at 1-1 at half time.

Can't wait for the 1st game at the refurb Brandywell v Dundalk on 2nd March. Should be a great night.

• Advertisement

Good to have the season back up and running.

DCFC away to Waterford in the opener.

Currently at 1-1 at half time.

Can't wait for the 1st game at the refurb Brandywell v Dundalk on 2nd March. Should be a great night.

Listening on Radio Foyle. There should be some atmosphere in the new Brandywell :)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Listening on Radio Foyle. There should be some atmosphere in the new Brandywell :)

Well there definitely will be in that opening night.
    Nice that Dundalk are in town too.

Would be nice to get a win that night.

disappointing start to the league

disappointing start to the league

Very :(

And another defeat and disappointing performance.

Away to Bohs on Tuesday night, then home to Dundalk then away to Rovers.....might be a rough start to the season unless Shiels can get the lads playing.

Big win away to Bohs. Was looking forward to Friday night and 1st game in revamped Brandywell, only for the eastern beast to scupper it all.

Last night was awful :(  6-1 to Rovers.  Worst defeat ever apparently

Shocking. Not good enough.

Hearing some rumblings of bad stuff behind the scenes, cliques forming, players not trying, drinking culture etc.

If any of this is true, Shiels needs to nip it in the bud asap, otherwise we will be in a relegation fight for the rest of the season. I'd fear to think what Dundalk or Cork would do to us at present.

What an opening night.

• Administrators, Sports Moderators Posts: 21,676 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭smashey

Certainly an improvement from Friday.

• Advertisement

5-0 and then 5-1 for the first two home matches!  Excellent :D

The match this Friday is going to be televised :)

We really are on a roll at present, at home anyway.

Another great victory last night, admittedly much harder fought than some of the others, as Waterford are a good side.

But thoroughly deserved in the end. Roll on Monday.

...and ANOTHER home win! :D 3-1 against Bohs :)

The consultation has begun regarding the changing of the name of the Brandywell - http://www.derrystrabane.com/brandywell
    I'm against the name change.

Although I hope I'm wrong, I really think we will come back down to earth with a bump this Friday night at Dundalk.

Although I hope I'm wrong, I really think we will come back down to earth with a bump this Friday night at Dundalk.
    Yep!  Me too...

• Advertisement

... and we were both wrong.

Great result tonight at Oriel.

Dundalk had only conceded one goal all season, we get 2 in 90mins.
    A great point which I would have taken your hand off for if it had been offered before kickoff.

Advertisement