Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Music Festival Planned in Waterford for Summer 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Deiseen wrote: »
    Loads of kids at Electric Picnic and they've had acts that make underworld and chemical brothers look like the telly tubbies

Acts like who?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

prob be ub40 and smash hits playing at this

no mention of Daytripper going ahead this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

PTH2009 wrote: »

Do you really think that? Seriously? Aitken Promotions?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

First list of acts being announced tomorrow, ticket sales start next Friday so hopefully some good acts will be confirmed and lots of media exposure this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

UB40 are in the US that weekend, and Smash Hits are a wedding band aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭bullpost

UB40 are in the US that weekend, and Smash Hits are a wedding band aren't they?

Which version of UB40 though ? :)

bullpost wrote: »
    Which version of UB40 though ? :)

The **** one lol, apparently Ali Campbell's brother is murdering the songs

any news on the actual line up for the festival ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    First list of acts being announced tomorrow, ticket sales start next Friday so hopefully some good acts will be confirmed and lots of media exposure this week.

Have not heard anything anywhere about acts announced today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

reni10 wrote: »
    Have not heard anything anywhere about acts announced today?

Here you go.

442171.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Website.
    Fleet Foxes, Underworld...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Looks good so far, I imagine they'll fill out the line up a bit more in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

That's an impressive line up so far

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

very decent lineup

very decent lineup

haven't heard of a lot of the names on the list but decent line up. might go for the fleet foxes headline day

not into dance music like Underworld or groove armada

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

haven't heard of a lot of the names on the list but decent line up. might go for the fleet foxes headline day

not into dance music like Underworld or groove armada

Can u buy one day tickets?

Max Powers wrote: »
    Can u buy one day tickets?

not at the moment but hopefully they will add that feature closer to the day

I don't think theywill.

It was E.P's way of keeping out the unruly/messers that would come to see a band by buying a one day ticket .
    Great idea imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I only know a handful of the acts but it looks a good line up by all accounts,i take it chapter 1 is the Friday and we still have Saturday and Sunday to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I only know a handful of the acts but it looks a good line up by all accounts,i take it chapter 1 is the Friday and we still have Saturday and Sunday to be announced?

I'd be surprised if all the acts announced so far were playing on the one day but you could be right! I'd say it's just a first announcement with more to come in a few weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

I'd be surprised if all the acts announced so far were playing on the one day but you could be right! I'd say it's just a first announcement with more to come in a few weeks time.

Yeah i'd agree, just the first batch of acts but not all for Friday. I'd be hoping another announcement to coincide with ticket sales starting Friday.. would certainly help launch of ticket sales if a couple of attractive acts were announced Friday morning.

I'm going to buy tickets Friday anyway, Curraghmore is stunning and the plans to use the courtyard and front of the house for stages should make it a fantastic location for a small festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

nothing there for me at the moment, but hope it goes well

apparently Daytripper will be back on Aug 24-26 and they have 2 headliners confirmed with a third being planned atm

ub40 are in Amsterdam on the 25th Aug but they could easily headline here on the 24th or 26th ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

apparently Daytripper will be back on Aug 24-26 and they have 2 headliners confirmed with a third being planned atm

ub40 are in Amsterdam on the 25th Aug but they could easily headline here on the 24th or 26th ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Have UB40 got a freakin' residency or something?!

UB40 playing at Daytripper ??

No line up on the Daytripper.ie website ....
    I thought it wasn't going to be on this year ??

Have UB40 got a freakin' residency or something?!

2 time headliners (2015 and 2017)

smash hits always play there too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tickets bought, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Some more good / impressive names announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The new acts announced on Tuesday morning are: Yasmin Bey (FKA Mos Def), David August, The Go! Team, Isaac Gracie, J Colleran, The Lost Brothers, Elder island, The Bootleg Beatles, Oscar Jerome, and Maria Kelly.

Haven't the foggiest who most of them are, but best of luck to the festival. Hope it does great for them.

Advertisement