Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antivirus / Antimalware Recommendation Thread (May 2011)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

seligehgit wrote: »
    No that does'nt appear to be free.Trial,licence....

It's free with limited features, with a 14-day trial of the pro version.
    The free features look the same as what I've always used it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Hi All,

Looking to pick up an anti-virus package to cover 3 different machines. Machines are for personal not business usage. Was looking at Kaspersky but €46.07 seems pretty steep on their website. Would people recommend alternatives such as Norton etc. Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

JeffCash wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking to pick up an anti-virus package to cover 3 different machines. Machines are for personal not business usage. Was looking at Kaspersky but €46.07 seems pretty steep on their website. Would people recommend alternatives such as Norton etc. Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

What OS in on the machines? If Windows 10, it has built-in Windows Defender. If it 7 or 8, install MSE. Its good and its free from Microsoft. Also have a look at www.free-av.com. The free version is/was the dog's dongles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

JeffCash wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks,

I'd suggest Bitdefender or Kaspersky myself. You might pay a bit for them but they both consistently come top of the rankings and they both offer multi-user pricing.

I have Bitdefender Total Security myself (got it cheap during an offer) but its overkill in some ways - the base AV product or Internet Security may be enough for your needs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback. All 3 are using Windows 8.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've gone with Bitdefender - Bitdefender Total Security 2017 was £24 for up to 5 devices through their main site.

Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any tips on getting rid of this wretched Ads by Advertise thing?

YourMyOnlyHope-vblog.png?itok=NJnR4Lue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

I bought a new computer for home with Windows 10. The McAfee trial has ended. Those this mean Im protected by Windows Defender and wont need to install another antivirus?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

It does have a free version, but you need to be careful what you click on, like all these free products they try to get you to buy the full version. but my research showed that the extras you get in full version are better dealt with with the free version of AVG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I use Avast and I am completely satisfied with it protection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

I have McAfee Live Safe. It came with the pc [Win 10] for £39. They now want £69 for a year.
    Thinking of trying Bit Defender.

Advertisement