Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How is n17 not gritted?

• 09-02-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

On the way to work today, Claremorris - Galway, passed a few crashes and to be honest felt the wheels had very little traction myself even doing 30kmh.

How do the councils get away with not gritting these roads?

Where does 1 complain to, Surely its 1 of mayo's 2 main roads, they'd see priority in gritting it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    On the way to work today, Claremorris - Galway, passed a few crashes and to be honest felt the wheels had very little traction myself even doing 30kmh.

How do the councils get away with not gritting these roads?

Where does 1 complain to, Surely its 1 of mayo's 2 main roads, they'd see priority in gritting it???

I understand from people who travelled between Tuam and Claremorris on that morning that Mayo Co Council had treated the N17 up to the Galway border which is just outside Ballindine. Galway Co Council were the ones not to treat their stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Well, If they did, it was done with minimum salt, because mayo seemed worse than galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

In fairness my own opinion from being on the road all the time is that Mayo and Roscommon are usually on the ball when it comes to gritting the main roads. Sligo Donegal and Galway don't give the same effort.

Mabe they grit it after everyone goes to work?

I do be on it at 7 in the morning, definately no grit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Was on that route very early this morning. Between my house and Galway city.
    Met three gritters out before 7. 2 in Mayo 1 in Galway.

• Advertisement

I'll stand corrected so,

How is the road so bad still?
    I was on it at 7, herself at 8.
    Both of us loosing traction going up the hill between knock and Claremorris, and not doing anything silly, in 5th and not swerving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Personal opinion? I think its just that area got the worst of it that i saw on my journey.
    Maybe without the gritters it would have been a lot worse.

maybe, maybe i'm being to critical so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement