Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW27 Captain?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Head says Salah Heart says Sergio
    Is there any point having all that money tied up in him and NOT captaining?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Head says Salah Heart says Sergio
    Is there any point having all that money tied up in him and NOT captaining?

I have Sanchez aguero and Salah who I paid 10 ml for
    There are many factors to consider this weekend
    Money paid is not one of them
    Many teams have Kane and aguero
    Only one of them can be captained any given week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sanchez

Rikand wrote: »
    Sanchez

Go on
    Talk to me

I have it in my head that Southampton are a bit of a bogey team for pool??????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gone with Kane, Salah was my only other option and I have a feeling it will be a repeat of the Swansea game from a couple weeks back

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Go on
    Talk to me

I had that same thing in my head.

I'm not sold on Sanchez myself but I hoped by posting it and voting for it, I'd feel better about it. There tends to be goals for man united in games against Newcastle from my own memory and the point that Sanchez will hopefully be hooked from penalties is a plus. He can win them and let someone else score them.

I have de bruyne vice captain and may switch back to him yet.... But I just have a feeling on Sanchez

Rikand wrote: »
    I had that same thing in my head.

I'm not sold on Sanchez myself but I hoped by posting it and voting for it, I'd feel better about it. There tends to be goals for man united in games against Newcastle from my own memory and the point that Sanchez will hopefully be hooked from penalties is a plus. He can win them and let someone else score them.

I have de bruyne vice captain and may switch back to him yet.... But I just have a feeling on Sanchez
    I've gone from Sanchez early in week to Salah
    To kane who I was bringing in for aguero
    Was .1 short of this move
    So now I have aguero captain
    :D

Newcastle set up Vs city and siants against spurs has me worried
    But aguero will definitely 100% be subbed early today if they are a couple up
    This is a tough call

Go on
    Talk to me

https://www.11v11.com/teams/southampton/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Liverpool/

Results through the ages. Tight games for the most part lately with a few blow outs every now and again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It's between Salah and KDB for me. Salah is Salah, and KDB are at home to Leicester. I'd love to go for KDB as a differential, but I'll probably bottle it and go for Salah.

Leaving it on salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Went Kane in the end come on Harry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

patmac wrote: »
    Went Kane in the end come on Harry!

Ditto. Arsenal are atrocious at the back and fully expect Kane to make the most of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Hazard - for the crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Captained Salah. But only 10 votes for Kane. I think he's been a bit overlooked here. Leader has his captained too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Went with Kun in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Went for Callum Wilson today, first time I haven’t gone for KDB or Eriksson since Christmas. Away to a Huddersfield team that’s leaking goals and going just one way with Bournemouth going the other.With Newcastle at home next week, he’s going to be in the shop window for international friendlies in March. Could he still play for MON, there was some speculation about him in 2016....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ended on Salah and missed the deadline. Don’t know am I happy or sad ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Go on
    Talk to me

Liverpool failed to score in 4 games against Southampton last season.
    2 0-0s
    2 1-0s

This season is a completely different story though.
    Southampton have been awful at the back for the majority of the season.

I've severe Salah fear tomorrow as both a Southampton fan and an Aguero captainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah I think Salah for me. If City go 2 goals up I think Aguero is hooked also, so it’s hard to see him scoring beyond 13 points.

Only 13 points you might chuckle, but this is among the best case scenarios. Worst case scenario is other City players start the game well and he’s hooked relatively early with 2 points on the board.

Whereas one goal for Salah could mean 11 points for him, and he’s outscored Aguero already this season and looks more threatening most weeks so I think we need to stop treating like the lesser option of the 2. I think he’s less likely to be substituted of the 2 also. With no other striker Pep will be protecting Aguero with his life.

Conventional FPL wisdom says Aguero, but neither his recent performances, nor his circumstances suggest he is the better option. Unsure to go with the instinct that I’m supposed to have, versus my actual instinct.
    I need to just stop thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Suprised there's such a debate about this it's got to be aguero at home doesn't it

Yes, yes it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Really want to captain him over Salah but my worry is they go 2-0 up and he gets subbed early. They have Champions League on Tuesday and he's their only striker.
    Threw caution to the wind and captained Aguero in the end thankfully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CSF wrote: »
    I need to just stop thinking.

I'd appreciate a little more thought for next week please. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I own Kane and Aguero but of the two I think Kane is the clear choice.

I am toying with Mane though as a Charlie Kelly type wildcard.

There’s a few reasons I fancy Mane - he could have scored 2-3 goals in each of his last 3-4 games so he’s getting into the right positions.

Salah might be hauled early for the midweek European game allowing Mane to get a rare 85-90 minutes.

He will be booed all afternoon (saints fans will be flat out booing now I think of it) and I think he’ll thrive off that.

Finally, he’s been a disaster of a signing but every week I see a reason to give him one more chance so if he failed with the armband he’d be rage sold by Monday morning.

It’ll be a last minute call between Mane and Kane.

Bit late to the party on this.

I doubt there'll be much booing directed at Mane tomorrow.
    He was a great player for Southampton and stuck around for an extra season while there was already interest from a fellow midtable club (:p)

He never went on strike, allways gave his best and hasn't come out with anything negative about the club since leaving

I'd say there will be a slightly worse reception for the countless others, like VVD, Lovren and Lallana if they play a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I would take a hatrick off san{c}hez tomorrow, if offered it now.

Markx wrote: »
    Hazard - for the crack.

I am thinking this is not looking like the correct decision. The crack has not been mighty by any stretch.

Markx wrote: »
    I am thinking this is not looking like the correct decision. The crack has not been mighty by any stretch.

That was a long long long long weekend. :)

Advertisement