Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binance - Currently Down

• 08-02-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭

For anyone wondering Binance is currently offline for trading. It freaked me out a little as my balance just disappeared and then reappeared but it is all to do with unscheduled database maintenance at the moment.

They were suppose to be back online at 2pm but that has just been pushed to 4am :eek:

They will giving users a half an hour grace period to update orders before trading starts.

https://twitter.com/binance_2017/status/961587311648501760

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I'm glad they've come out and shot down the growing rumor they've been hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

It is all very unorthodox. Completely unscheduled event without any prior warning. The database issue does though correlate with my own recent experience.

I placed an order a night back to buy BTC with Tether. The order seemed to disappear after I placed it. I tried to place the order again as my Tether balance was still showing in the account. I got an error message saying insufficient funds. I tried this a few times until I seen it reported there was a general problem.

About 20 minutes later my balance suddenly changed to BTC and the original order had actually gone through. They said they had to re-sync accounts to update information. I could have easily logged out of my account thinking I had Tether rather than BTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There a link to that statement horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

It is all very unorthodox. Completely unscheduled event without any prior warning. The database issue does though correlate with my own recent experience.

I placed an order a night back to buy BTC with Tether. The order seemed to disappear after I placed it. I tried to place the order again as my Tether balance was still showing in the account. I got an error message saying insufficient funds. I tried this a few times until I seen it reported there was a general problem.

About 20 minutes later my balance suddenly changed to BTC and the original order had actually gone through. They said they had to re-sync accounts to update information. I could have easily logged out of my account thinking I had Tether rather than BTC.

Probably a good time to get rid of any tether you're holding tbh.

There a link to that statement horse?

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/961586283335139328

• Advertisement

Lets hope this consumer of penises* is wrong....:o

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/961632381529665537

*potential consumer it must be said:pac:

The market would be in meltdown if there was any evidence to back up those claims. He is a complete clown.

"Crypto influencers"..

One thing this has highlighted is how massive Binance has become in such a short space of time.

There has been a big drop in overall activity since they've been down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

binance.com is still down for me.
    however i can access support.binance.com

ah i just read their twitter feed.
    binance.com is still experiencing some issues but us.binance.com works fine.

binance.com is still down for me.
    however i can access support.binance.com

try https://us.binance.com/ for the time being.

Also can anyone explain why Binance withdrawal fee varies so much from coin to coin.
    Its crazy fees for certain coins, and pennies for others.

try https://us.binance.com/ for the time being.

Also can anyone explain why Binance withdrawal fee varies so much from coin to coin.
    Its crazy fees for certain coins, and pennies for others.

Its probably down to volume being traded.
    If they're going to the trouble of hosting a coin they need to make a profit and if volume is low the fees will need to be higher.

It also probably depends on how often they review the fee.

If the value of a coin moons and they have not reviewed the fee yet then the cost is exceptionally high. I just had a quick review of the cost of each coin and they all seem reasonably the same. Except for NEO which is free.

Is there anywhere which allows direct conversion of NEO to cash withdrawal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Binance still isn't operating properly. Just tried selling some NEO there at close to its daily high, and when the transaction went though, it was at its daily low. Afterwards, the graph showed a sharp drop, at the bottom of which was the price that I had sold mine at, rather than the top. This drop wasnt there when I placed my order.

A few minutes later, Binance had reversed my order, so they must have noticed the problem.

EDIT: I tell a lie. The order has gone through!! Bastards!!
    At least its gone down further so I can buy back in. But I'm pissed off at that now!

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Binance still isn't operating properly. Just tried selling some NEO there at close to its daily high, and when the transaction went though, it was at its daily low. Afterwards, the graph showed a sharp drop, at the bottom of which was the price that I had sold mine at, rather than the top. This drop wasnt there when I placed my order.

A few minutes later, Binance had reversed my order, so they must have noticed the problem.

EDIT: I tell a lie. The order has gone through!! Bastards!!
    At least its gone down further so I can buy back in. But I'm pissed off at that now!

Not sure thats binances fault.
    If you put in a market trade then anything can happen. If binance was able to match your order against a buy at that price then you were just unlucky that the market price dropped as you sold.

If you put in a limit order then thats a different story and i would log a support ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye it was a limit order.
    I've since bought back in at a lower price so I'll leave it for now. They're probably mad busy so it'll take days anyway, to get any joy from support.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Ye it was a limit order.
    I've since bought back in at a lower price so I'll leave it for now. They're probably mad busy so it'll take days anyway, to get any joy from support.

Dont leave it. They may not be aware of the issue.

Executing limit orders as market orders is a HUGE issue.

They seemed to have reduced the trading fee by a good bit. Limited time thing as an apology for the service?

Fee: 0.03% or 0.015% if you pay with BNB

Ah I see it now on the twitter feed. Discount till 24 Feb.

The app isn't working which I assume because binance.com is still not working. A bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bit4me2

Don't know about the app but "www <dot> binance <dot> com" (either with or without the www) isn't working however "us <dot> binance <dot> com" is working. Use that instead until they resolve the issues around the main domain following the DDOS. Sorry seems I can't type web addresses.

• Advertisement

Binance app working fine on android at the moment for me.

Advertisement