Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Cryptos/ICOs currently have a Working Product

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What Cryptos/ICOs currently have a Working Product.

I havent found much info from Google apart from this on Reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7bw7e6/what_top_200_cryptos_have_a_working_product_or/

Are the people here aware of any others.
    I would like to try some of the decentralized products to see how they compare.

Thanks

You'll have a hard time picking out cryptos that have reached their final form, but ones where you can use their asset/currency/service right now and gain a value or service from it?
    Besides the ones in the thread: BAT, BNB, 0x, KCS, SALT, AST (lack of pairs for the moment, but it works for ETH-AST).
    There will be a few more I've missed from the current Top 200 because I haven't read up on absolutely every one but there are products you can use in some form or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭crytoadvice

grindle wrote: »
    You'll have a hard time picking out cryptos that have reached their final form, but ones where you can use their asset/currency/service right now and gain a value or service from it?
    Besides the ones in the thread: BAT, BNB, 0x, KCS, SALT, AST (lack of pairs for the moment, but it works for ETH-AST).
    There will be a few more I've missed from the current Top 200 because I haven't read up on absolutely every one but there are products you can use in some form or another.

TenX seems to be up and running. Are any of the other transaction type Cryptos/ICOs usable atm such as Monero, Zcash etc

Steem/Steemit seems to be usable also
    https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/46007/what-is-steem-and-steemit

TenX seems to be up and running. Are any of the other transaction type Cryptos/ICOs usable atm such as Monero, Zcash etc

Most of the currency projects work in the sense of transactions taking place but their goal is to increase throughput and/or speed, figure their way out of capacity limits and then push adoption.

Monero is currently the ideal currency (due to opt-out privacy) but has it's own issues regarding maximising throughput while maximising decentralisation at the same time.

Nodes have to be able to keep up with whatever amount arrives in the next block in order to verify and Monero has an adaptive blocksize, BUT - if tx counts go way way up then that will consume large amounts of bandwidth and reduce the number of nodes which can verify. The MimbleWimble protocol is hoped to be implemented into both BTC and XMR at some point in the future and this will largely nullify decentralisation concerns re:blockchain size and bandwidth, reducing the needs of both possibly to a factor of 10.

MimbleWimble is probably one of the smartest "Eureka!" moments I've ever seen in this space. Short yet elegant and within a couple of years it will silently go unnoticed but it'll be one of the most important factors of adoption and trust in the networks it's incorporated into.

XRL | Rialto is usable right now, but their bots aren't working at full capacity yet and the AI not trained well enough yet, so their returns are small.

DICE | Etheroll works, but any on chain gambling platform is reliant on Casper's release because laying bets with high fees isn't appetising.

All of those fad CryptoKitties clones plus the OG are a "working product", but terribly ponzi-esque

COSS is a working product in beta, it just needs volume for the dividends to be worth much (dividends already being shared).

NMR | Numeraire is a working project which works for the hedge fund that created it (please don't invest in it, it's a terrible speculative vehicle where you're reliant on far more data scientists existing than there are crypto investors - aka, not going to happen). If you're a data scientist, buy and use it.

BNTY | Bounty0x is being used.

DAI | MakerDAO is working and the Tether we need. It'll take time for adoption to increase and Casper for off-exchange txs to be reasonable.

There are others I know which have alphas being tested amongst their communities but nothing for public test so I'll refrain from shilling (plus I can accumulate cheaply).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

Some of the lesser known ones I know that have working products now:

DENT (mobile data)
    MODUM (pharma/sensor logistics sensors)
    PO.ET (digital ownership blockchain)
    SIACOIN (distributed storage)
    PART (online marketplace)

Thanks, they are helpful posts. Whats your opinion on investing only in ICOs that have a working product

Just remembered Wabi is another ICo with a working product. it counteracts Counterfeiting /tampering on goods. There are videos showing how it works. it seems useful

• Advertisement

Thanks, they are helpful posts. Whats your opinion on investing only in ICOs that have a working product

Most ICOs are trying to develop a working product as it's a method of sidestepping the usual VD/IPO funding process - if an ICO already has a working product then look at the market they're trying to disrupt, the use of the token and the economics of why it would encourage adoption then decide for yourself how much of the market share you think they could possibly take turnover-wise and consider that yearly turnover as their current cap (this isn't a terribly accurate way to apply value thanks to hoarding but it's the closest we have).

ICOs with a working product are a rarity but there's a certain concoction that makes a coin or token interesting to me:
    Does the market it's targeting benefit from decentralisation, trustlessness, the cutting out of a middle-man?
    Does the token have a utility that necessitates it's use with a service that can't be easily replicated?
    Is the token supply fairly distributed?
    Is the contribution cap/initial market cap reasonable? This is a "NO" for pretty much all of them nowadays but that doesn't mean they won't reach absurd valuations months after launch.

Most ICOs that have a working product have already been seed-funded by pre-sale investors waiting to dump their crazy discounts on you.

"if an ICO already has a working product then look at the market they're trying to disrupt, the use of the token and the economics of why it would encourage adoption then decide for yourself how much of the market share you think they could possibly take turnover-wise and consider that yearly turnover as their current cap (this isn't a terribly accurate way to apply value thanks to hoarding but it's the closest we have)."

Evaluating what market share they could achieve is beyond me but I would like to try products to see how useful they are and evaluate whether people would go for that product.

"Does the token have a utility that necessitates it's use with a service that can't be easily replicated?
    Is the token supply fairly distributed?"
    Can you explain how I would check this?

Evaluating what market share they could achieve is beyond me but I would like to try products to see how useful they are and evaluate whether people would go for that product.
    Check the whitepapers and roadmaps of projects which want to disrupt a market you know of that has a huge yearly turnover. Does that market benefit from the middleman being sliced out of the equation? If this project could even capture 1% of that turnover how much money is that? Also consider that certain token models encourage constant buy-pressure (BNB) which is good for a price rise.
    "Does the token have a utility that necessitates it's use with a service that can't be easily replicated?
    Is the token supply fairly distributed?"
    Can you explain how I would check this?
    Like mentioned above, BNB isn't exactly necessary to use Binance as an exchange, but it currently halves your trading fees if you've got some, allows you to vote on Community Coin listings and then a portion of coins gets bought and sold by Binance with all of these fees, reducing supply while demand is still high so the price continues upwards.
    As for fair distribution - you have to check out the whitepaper or the specifics of the ICO for each project, they all vary. Some will have a 15% take of the supply and have it locked for a period or in stages so they can't dump the price down, others only provide 30% to the public sale which leaves a lot of room for the rest of the tokens to enter circulating supply which will massively dilute the value of yours once dumped. Others have pre-ICO sales (this is a new standard) where the first round get anywhere from 5% to 100%+ bonuses which they will dump from the high heavens upon you.

For an example of a good project which is going to be massively overvalued if the ICO works, look at GEMS. Good team, nice lads sponsored by Peter Thiel - but the market they aim to disrupt is worth less than $250m a year.
    With the buzz around that ICO (they basically transformed their entire Telegram group into professional shills with a huge artillery of shill material) I can see their market cap dwarfing the value of Amazon's Mechanical Turk platform within 6 months, which makes NOOOOOOOOOO sense whatsoever.

Most ICOs are trying to develop a working product as it's a method of sidestepping the usual VD/IPO funding process - if an ICO already has a working product then look at the market they're trying to disrupt, the use of the token and the economics of why it would encourage adoption then decide for yourself how much of the market share you think they could possibly take turnover-wise and consider that yearly turnover as their current cap (this isn't a terribly accurate way to apply value thanks to hoarding but it's the closest we have).

ICOs with a working product are a rarity but there's a certain concoction that makes a coin or token interesting to me:
    Does the market it's targeting benefit from decentralisation, trustlessness, the cutting out of a middle-man?
    Does the token have a utility that necessitates it's use with a service that can't be easily replicated?
    Is the token supply fairly distributed?
    Is the contribution cap/initial market cap reasonable? This is a "NO" for pretty much all of them nowadays but that doesn't mean they won't reach absurd valuations months after launch.

Most ICOs that have a working product have already been seed-funded by pre-sale investors waiting to dump their crazy discounts on you.
    Check the whitepapers and roadmaps of projects which want to disrupt a market you know of that has a huge yearly turnover. Does that market benefit from the middleman being sliced out of the equation? If this project could even capture 1% of that turnover how much money is that? Also consider that certain token models encourage constant buy-pressure (BNB) which is good for a price rise.

Like mentioned above, BNB isn't exactly necessary to use Binance as an exchange, but it currently halves your trading fees if you've got some, allows you to vote on Community Coin listings and then a portion of coins gets bought and sold by Binance with all of these fees, reducing supply while demand is still high so the price continues upwards.
    As for fair distribution - you have to check out the whitepaper or the specifics of the ICO for each project, they all vary. Some will have a 15% take of the supply and have it locked for a period or in stages so they can't dump the price down, others only provide 30% to the public sale which leaves a lot of room for the rest of the tokens to enter circulating supply which will massively dilute the value of yours once dumped. Others have pre-ICO sales (this is a new standard) where the first round get anywhere from 5% to 100%+ bonuses which they will dump from the high heavens upon you.

For an example of a good project which is going to be massively overvalued if the ICO works, look at GEMS. Good team, nice lads sponsored by Peter Thiel - but the market they aim to disrupt is worth less than $250m a year.
    With the buzz around that ICO (they basically transformed their entire Telegram group into professional shills with a huge artillery of shill material) I can see their market cap dwarfing the value of Amazon's Mechanical Turk platform within 6 months, which makes NOOOOOOOOOO sense whatsoever.

Ill reply to this tomorrow. Thanks very much for taking the time to explain this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

@grindle: You seem to have some semblance of a methodology in assessing crypto's. I've always been unwilling to go there because I've never felt I've adequately educated myself as to what a coin has to offer.

Where do you begin your review? i.e. where are up and coming ICO's listed?

• Advertisement

Where do you begin your review? i.e. where are up and coming ICO's listed?

The vast majority are scams, so you have to get a feel for it.

https://www.icoalert.com/ (note that all the [FEATURED] ones are paid spots to bump themselves to the top of a long list - not necessarily a bad sign, just something to be aware of - it does not denote credibility)
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

The VAST majority are scams. Money go bye bye. DYOR.

There are spreadsheets spread around the community which rate ICOs and track their returns as well, here's one example.

Can work as a good shítfilter for those without the time to investigate themselves, but still - please read up on the ones that seem interesting to you.

Also consider that certain token models encourage constant buy-pressure (BNB) which is good for a price rise.

As for fair distribution - you have to check out the whitepaper or the specifics of the ICO for each project, they all vary. Some will have a 15% take of the supply and have it locked for a period or in stages so they can't dump the price down, others only provide 30% to the public sale which leaves a lot of room for the rest of the tokens to enter circulating supply which will massively dilute the value of yours once dumped.

Others have pre-ICO sales (this is a new standard) where the first round get anywhere from 5% to 100%+ bonuses which they will dump from the high heavens upon you.

In order to reduce fees with Binance do you need to hold a certain amount of their coin at all times?

Regarding your comment on pre ICO sales above
    Telegram have an ICO opening around now
    https://www.ft.com/content/790d9506-0175-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5
    Is this what they are planning, enabling the first rounders to dump and make profits

In order to reduce fees with Binance do you need to hold a certain amount of their coin at all times?

Regarding your comment on pre ICO sales above
    Telegram have an ICO opening around now
    https://www.ft.com/content/790d9506-0175-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5
    Is this what they are planning, enabling the first rounders to dump and make profits

Binance: just buy one, refill as you need. Or buy more than one and if the price rises you're effectively paying even less in fees. If the price drops you'll have paid more. Up to you.

Telegram ICO: there's a VERY long holding period for those tokens to prevent a dump, and they release a portion of your tokens in separate stages which are 3-6 months apart.
    It put me off investing tbh, but it makes sense for traditional investors as it lets price discovery happen before whales can think of dumping.
    Very interested in the platform itself but I think I can make more money in the interim.

Binance: just buy one, refill as you need. Or buy more than one and if the price rises you're effectively paying even less in fees. If the price drops you'll have paid more. Up to you.

Telegram ICO: there's a VERY long holding period for those tokens to prevent a dump, and they release a portion of your tokens in separate stages which are 3-6 months apart.
    It put me off investing tbh, but it makes sense for traditional investors as it lets price discovery happen before whales can think of dumping.
    Very interested in the platform itself but I think I can make more money in the interim.

Thanks, Do you think Binance is worth investing or should it just be used to reduce fees.

Regarding Telegram and ICO start ups in General. Do people use the Referalls thread here to sign up to these iCo offerings or is that thread for a different purpose

I have a personal fondness for exchange coins and the economics that will drive their price up, it's up to you to wonder if that has value.

Kyber Network also launching soon.

COSS launching with fiat gateway in March and their tokens provide weekly dividends dependent on trade volume. As they're in beta and not really marketing yet their volume right now is very low, but if they even match 10% of Binance's volume that's going to be lucrative.

I have a personal fondness for exchange coins and the economics that will drive their price up, it's up to you to wonder if that has value.

Kyber Network also launching soon.

COSS launching with fiat gateway in March and their tokens provide weekly dividends dependent on trade volume. As they're in beta and not really marketing yet their volume right now is very low, but if they even match 10% of Binance's volume that's going to be lucrative.

Thanks for the tips. I just read the whitepaper On COSS, its interesting but they might be looking to do too much. I didn't see any info about March launch I just seen the info below about their initial token swap in 2017. Is the Launch in march their official launch of their fully developed product? Ill look at Kyber paper later.

Taken from their whitepaper
    "COSS Token Swap (ICO)
    The COSS token will be available for exchange during the Token Swap (ICO) campaign that will take
    place in August 2017. During the Token Swap (ICO) the total of 200 million COSS tokens will be
    released, and will become exchangeable at the rate of: 1 ETH = * COSS Tokens.
    *To be revealed on July 10th before the start of the Fire-Swap (pre-ICO).
    The ICO-Fund Distribution Plan is as follows:
    50% - IT Development, User Experience, Roadmap Completion
    25% - Mergers and Acquisitions
    10% - Marketing Plan
    10% - Operations
    5% - Shareholders, Board of Directors, Advisers
    The COSS Token Swap timeline:
    July 10th: FIRE SWAP (Pre-ICO) (25,000,000 COSS Tokens available)
    Inviting strategic partners with a minimum buy-in of 50 ETH + 25% bonus COSS Tokens. The Fire Swap
    will last for 72 hours.
    July 13th: End of the FIRE SWAP
    August 8th: The official start of the COSS Token Swap (ICO) with the total of 130,000,000 COSS
    Tokens available:
    Day 1-5 = 15% Bonus Tokens
    Day 6-10 = 10% Bonus Tokens
    Day 11-15= 8% Bonus Tokens
    Day 16-20 = 6% Bonus Tokens
    Day 21-25 = 4% Bonus Tokens
    Day 26-30 = No Bonus
    September 6th: The end of the Token Swap
    The Token Swap ends, unless the total amount of tokens is sold-out earlier. Visit www.ico.coss.io for
    more details regarding the COSS Token Swap.
    September 20th: The release and the official start of the COSS Token trading."

Thanks for the tips. I just read the whitepaper On COSS, its interesting but they might be looking to do too much. I didn't see any info about March launch I just seen the info below about their initial token swap in 2017. Is the Launch in march their official launch of their fully developed product? Ill look at Kyber paper later.

March is the launch of fiat gateway, i.e. Credit Card payment.

When they remove the beta tag and open their APIs to outside use will depend on their trading engine and how they feel it can cope with demand/volume.

March is the launch of fiat gateway, i.e. Credit Card payment.

When they remove the beta tag and open their APIs to outside use will depend on their trading engine and how they feel it can cope with demand/volume.

Im new to all this but im wondering why would any established coin list themselves on a new exchange. Are they given incentives to do so.
    There are numerous exchanges atm and theres talk that regulation will close some of these. Why would anyone talke a chance on anew exchange.?

Im new to all this but im wondering why would any established coin list themselves on a new exchange. Are they given incentives to do so.
    There are numerous exchanges atm and theres talk that regulation will close some of these. Why would anyone talke a chance on anew exchange.?

Established coins don't get a choice in it - the exchange will add it if it has volume and they think it will be popular. This makes the exchange money.
    The currency's devs have no say whatsoever, it's not like Dunnes stocking Tesco own-brands or some brand having an exclusivity deal.

Established coins don't get a choice in it - the exchange will add it if it has volume and they think it will be popular. This makes the exchange money.
    The currency's devs have no say whatsoever, it's not like Dunnes stocking Tesco own-brands or some brand having an exclusivity deal.

I was reading this about how exchanges are created
    https://www.draglet.com/how-to-start-your-bitcoin-exchange

"Create Liquidity on Your Exchange
    There are three established ways of kick-starting your liquidity:

You can simulate trading activity within your exchange by buying and selling between two artificial accounts within your own exchange.
    You can implement an API interface which connects your bitcoin exchange to another existing exchange.
    You can join a whole network of cryptocurrency exchanges such as Trust-Deposit which will tie together the liquidity of all exchanges within its network. The bigger the network, the better the liquidity."

Do you know how COSS created Liquidity?
    Also Binance seems to have started in 2017. How would an exchange grow so quickly?

I dont want to take thread off topic but some posters on https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057835985 reckon that the whole crypto market is a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme. You seem to really know your stuff on how this works. Id be interested in what your opinion is on this

• Advertisement

Do you know how COSS created Liquidity?
    They had an ICO, lots of people backed the idea and started using it.
    Also Binance seems to have started in 2017. How would an exchange grow so quickly?
    It was a meteoric rise alright.
    The UX is pretty much the best in the game, the fees are very low if you own the coin, they have a superb selection to trade and little in the way of KYC.
    Word of mouth spreads fast.
    I dont want to take thread off topic but some posters on https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057835985 reckon that the whole crypto market is a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme.

They don't understand what pyramid or ponzi schemes are.

They had an ICO, lots of people backed the idea and started using it.
    So whether an ICO takes off depends on the idea and marketing of it. If the idea and marketing is good the Coin flourishes but if marketing is good and the product is phoney the people behind the ICO make off with the money

They don't understand what pyramid or ponzi schemes are.
    How does it differ? It does seem to me that if I was to buy BTC atm I am speculating that the value will rise and that the only way ill make a profit is if new buyers come in and purchase my BTC for a Higher Price than i paid. I dont know enough about it but the more I read the more wary im getting.

I was thinking of either Index tracking the Top 10/20 coins on Coinmarketcap or choosing 10-20 coins and investing a small amount regularly using Value Averaging but im not sure now. Maybe just buy the cheapest coins in the top 20 and hope for the best. What do you think?

The one area that i find really interesting is the Blockchain technology itself. I think most Corporations/Business will adopt this as a secure way of storing data. How would someone invest in the actual stock of the blockchain tech companies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Maybe just buy the cheapes tcoins in the top 20 and hope for the best. What do you think?
    Eh, no. Keep reading fella.

Eh, no. Keep reading fella.

Ripple, Cardano, Tron, IOTa and Tethers price is very low now. What would be wrong with buying shares at the current prices and holding?

How does it differ? It does seem to me that if I was to buy BTC atm I am speculating that the value will rise and that the only way ill make a profit is if new buyers come in and purchase my BTC for a Higher Price than i paid. I dont know enough about it but the more I read the more wary im getting.

People are using BTC as a speculative vehicle, but that's not why it exists. It's aim is not to make you rich, it's to grant you a place in the ledger of the most secure distributed network in the world. Whether you or others value that at €1 or €1,000,000 is irrelevant to Bitcoin's reason for being, but people hedge their bets, express their confidence with money and the value goes up.
    Then down.
    Then up.
    Then Down.
    End game->Nobody knows
    I was thinking of either Index tracking the Top 10/20 coins on Coinmarketcap or choosing 10-20 coins and investing a small amount regularly using Value Averaging but im not sure now. Maybe just buy the cheapest coins in the top 20 and hope for the best. What do you think?
    TERRIBLE reason to place money into a project. The worst. Unless you get lucky you'll probably have your ass handed to you.
    The one area that i find really interesting is the Blockchain technology itself. I think most Corporations/Business will adopt this as a secure way of storing data. How would someone invest in the actual stock of the blockchain tech companies

This is what ICOs are. You find a project you like, see a great use-case, potential for growth and invest if it ticks all the boxes. If the project has true utility and is actually used the price will rise as a matter of course due to constraints on liquidity OR it may be a dividend sharing token.
    Ripple, Cardano, Tron, IOTa and Tethers price is very low now. What would be wrong with buying shares at the current prices and holding?
    Holy god, please don't spend your money - wait... are you a troll?

People are using BTC as a speculative vehicle, but that's not why it exists. It's aim is not to make you rich, it's to grant you a place in the ledger of the most secure distributed network in the world. Whether you or others value that at €1 or €1,000,000 is irrelevant to Bitcoin's reason for being, but people hedge their bets, express their confidence with money and the value goes up.
    Then down.
    Then up.
    Then Down.
    End game->Nobody knows

TERRIBLE reason to place money into a project. The worst. Unless you get lucky you'll probably have your ass handed to you.

This is what ICOs are. You find a project you like, see a great use-case, potential for growth and invest if it ticks all the boxes. If the project has true utility and is actually used the price will rise as a matter of course due to constraints on liquidity OR it may be a dividend sharing token.

Holy god, please don't spend your money - wait... are you a troll?
    No Im not a troll, Im just trying to understand why doing that would be the wrong thing to do(seeing as they have a high maketcap). ive been reading up on this for the last two months and havent invested yet. If I invest it will more than likely be by using Value Averaging with coins that I think will have use in future and likely to be adopted by mainstream.

I thought though that there is a difference between a companies coin offering and its share value

On your point about Bitcoin
    if people are using it as a speculative vehicle how will it ever be used as it was intended. the specualtion msut increase the chances of it crashing completely

No Im not a troll, Im just trying to understand why doing that would be the wrong thing to do(seeing as they have a high maketcap). ive been reading up on this for the last two months and havent invested yet. If I invest it will more than likely be by using Value Averaging with coins that I think will have use in future and likely to be adopted by mainstream.
    Okay, sorry for wondering - we all start somewhere I guess.
    First of all, Tether is designed to be a stable coin. It's value is tethered (see what they did there?) to the value of USD.
    Tron was excessively shilled and isn't a good project at all, all hype no substance.
    Cardano is kind of the same BUT has great devs working on it so it's likely to have some value - but it should be nowhere near it's current valuation.
    Ripple may get used by banks eventually, but how high the price goes depends on liquidity constraints.
    IOTA is the only one of those I like but it's early days for it.
    I thought though that there is a difference between a companies coin offering and its share value
    Most blockchain companies don't have shares. They've done an ICO, they're rich. They usually get a share of tokens from the pool so they have an incentive to maintain and raise it's value by ensuring it's utility.
    On your point about Bitcoin
    if people are using it as a speculative vehicle how will it ever be used as it was intended. the specualtion msut increase the chances of it crashing completely
    Hmm. Crash, yes - completely...maybe. If we presume it continues to be dominant there will come a point where it can't soak up any more value and there'll be a crash to find it's equilibrium price. The relative gains at that stage will be minuscule in comparison to nowadays so maybe it won't crash catastrophically, but it may well.
    It's going to take a while before BTC gets used as intended - if it ever does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Tethers price should never change. Thats the whole point. Its supposed to remain as close as possible to $1.00.

Tethers price should never change. Thats the whole point. Its supposed to remain as close as possible to $1.00.
    Who makes sure of that? Why would people invest in it?

• Advertisement

Okay, sorry for wondering - we all start somewhere I guess.
    First of all, Tether is designed to be a stable coin. It's value is tethered (see what they did there?) to the value of USD.
    Tron was excessively shilled and isn't a good project at all, all hype no substance.
    Cardano is kind of the same BUT has great devs working on it so it's likely to have some value - but it should be nowhere near it's current valuation.
    Ripple may get used by banks eventually, but how high the price goes depends on liquidity constraints.
    IOTA is the only one of those I like but it's early days for it.

Most blockchain companies don't have shares. They've done an ICO, they're rich. They usually get a share of tokens from the pool so they have an incentive to maintain and raise it's value by ensuring it's utility.

Hmm. Crash, yes - completely...maybe. If we presume it continues to be dominant there will come a point where it can't soak up any more value and there'll be a crash to find it's equilibrium price. The relative gains at that stage will be minuscule in comparison to nowadays so maybe it won't crash catastrophically, but it may well.
    It's going to take a while before BTC gets used as intended - if it ever does.
    No problem, a new account doesnt help. Thought you might be interested in this. i follow this guy on Twitter cos he appears On Keiser report frequently enough. https://twitter.com/richardheartwin/status/942001572267126784?lang=en
    He doesnt rate IOTA

Advertisement