Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 26 Transfers.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I did Christensen and Arnautovic to Daniels and Walcott with my 2FTs.

It leaves me a bit of a selection dilemma. I’m definitely starting Salah, Sterling, Son, Kane, Firmino and Wilson which means it’s a straight choice between Walcott and Richarlison for the last spot.

Should be an easy choice right? 1 hasn’t generated returns in weeks, the other scored 2 midweek. A few things are making me think it’s not quite so straightforward however.

Sam is going to park the bus away to a top 6 side after the trimming Spurs gave them. Arsenal will also know how to deal with Walcott and Theo doesn’t strike me as the sort who would be ‘up’ for sticking it to Arsenal.

On the other side, Richarlison destroyed Chelsea earlier in the season, the Chelsea defence can be as bad as Arsenal’s at times, and it gives me an interest in Monday nights game:)

Leaning towards Richarlison but 2 hours to change my mind 20times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Wilson in for dcl Thursday before the price rise was all I made this week. Feels strange of late to only make 1 transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Still debating Kane Chopo out, Wilson & Sanchez out for a -4....ah tough decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Wilson in for dcl Thursday before the price rise was all I made this week. Feels strange of late to only make 1 transfer.

This could have been typed by me. Still have Christensen, Mahrez and Femenia all red flagged but I'm going to leave it. I've made a season worth of hits over the past month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm also tempted to do salah to Sanchez for 2 gws. With Liverpool more than likely having no doubles the flexibility to sell him will come in handy.
    I've excluded getting Sanchez in for a short while. More pressing concerns for my team despite the flexibility I gained towards Salah.

-

Now. Debating whether Son ->Walcott is worth a 4 pts hits. My transfers lately have been pretty catastrophic (whether I went for the hit or didn't, I've got them all wrong...).

Walcott facing his former club sounds pretty good though (and his upcoming fixtures too) while Son next 2 are very tough...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

iroced wrote:
    Now. Debating whether Son ->Walcott is worth a 4 pts hits. My transfers lately have been pretty catastrophic (whether I went for the hit or didn't, I've got them all wrong...).

I took a minus 4 fir it last night.. Its a tough one. Anfield game could be 3-3 and Son among the the goal scorers but Walcott was playing very advance mid week, has a history of been very streaky in FF and he's up against his old team.

iroced wrote: »
    I've excluded getting Sanchez in for a short while. More pressing concerns for my team despite the flexibility I gained towards Salah.

-

Walcott facing his former club sounds pretty good though (and his upcoming fixtures too) while Son next 2 are very tough...).

I wouldn’t take a hit for that. Ignoring the ‘former player always scores’ mantra (which doesn’t actually happen in reality), Walcott has Arsenal away this week, whilst Son has them at home next week.

That’s a far easier game for Son given their home record and Arsenal’s awful away record.

I really think Sam is parking the bus today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Still debating Kane Chopo out, Wilson & Sanchez out for a -4....ah tough decisions!

I’d look to start bringing some players “in” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’d look to start bringing some players “in” :D

Im obsessed with players out!! Think i'm just going to leave be & hope Sanchez blanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I don't have Walcott but I think arsenal could struggle against his pace. He will hover around monreal / mustafi / kos. Any of them and he will look he has turbos in his boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Took a drunken -8

Kenny, Son & Lingard out
    Ake, Sanchez and Fernandinho in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Benimar wrote: »
    I did Christensen and Arnautovic to Daniels and Walcott with my 2FTs.

It leaves me a bit of a selection dilemma. I’m definitely starting Salah, Sterling, Son, Kane, Firmino and Wilson which means it’s a straight choice between Walcott and Richarlison for the last spot.

All out attack?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    All out attack?

If only:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Took a -4 to sort out defence. Kenny and Ogbonna to Jones and Mawson. Feels great to get finally be rid of Ogbonna.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Took a -4 to sort out defence. Kenny and Ogbonna to Jones and Mawson. Feels great to get finally be rid of Ogbonna.

This could get awkward ......

Advertisement