Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEO (formerly Antshares)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Just note you can only withdraw whole NEOs to a wallet.
    You can leave partial neos on Binance and still get gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

https://neotogas.com - This site will demonstrate how much NeoGas you will generate per the amount of NEO that you own. NeoGas is generated as dividends for owning NEO. The more NEO you own, and the longer you own it, the more NeoGas you will end up with. Right now 1 NEO coin generates roughly $0.0138 USD worth of NeoGas per day, or $5.0348 USD per year, not a bad dividend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

soirish wrote: »
    https://neotogas.com - This site will demonstrate how much NeoGas you will generate per the amount of NEO that you own. NeoGas is generated as dividends for owning NEO. The more NEO you own, and the longer you own it, the more NeoGas you will end up with. Right now 1 NEO coin generates roughly $0.0138 USD worth of NeoGas per day, or $5.0348 USD per year, not a bad dividend.

On today's coin price and GAS price...

$50,000 worth of NEO left sitting in account would earn ~$2100 a year (4.2%)

Not bad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Neo is really charging ahead today. It seems to be the only coin bar Bitcoin that is receiving new Fiat money.
    The Koreans and Asians are really behind this and it looks like its still going to be a massive year for Neo

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭TwoOldBoots

twitter.com/cz_binance/status/961238108393037824

Nep5 coming to Binance soon. This is big news for Neo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭bebeman

twitter.com/cz_binance/status/961238108393037824

Nep5 coming to Binance soon. This is big news for Neo

Get them now for pennies on Kucoin

bebeman wrote: »

What??
    NEP5 is to Neo what ERC20 is to Ethereum. It just means that any tokens launched on the Neo network will get listed on Binance.
    NEP5 isn't a coin or token its a technology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

bebeman wrote: »

What are they listed as? Can't find them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Where does Ontology (ONT) fit in, in the grand scheme of things?

The parent company is the same for both NEO and ONT and have been airdropping ONT these past couple of weeks.
    The ICO looks very mpressive but has no public sale.

I've been doing my homework these past couple of days on NEO which continues to impress me and the quality of ICO being released on their network looks so much better than recent flops on ETH....not saying ETH is bad for ICO (far from it) but it looks like NEO do better vetting or something.

I think ONT is gonna to do very very well tbh but it looks increasingly difficult to get your hands on any before main exchange.

Neo on the move today. Gone up against Bitcoin, now at €108

• Advertisement

Will Neo dislodge Ethereum this year? Price predicitions of $1000+ for Neo are now starting to look like a reality now. I think there is going to be an interesting battle ahead which should be great for holders.
    A quick question, should I buy Neo and just earn Gas or Buy both Neo and Gas or maybe just buy Gas????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'd defo buy the Neo and earn Gas, rather than buy just Gas. You could top up the Gas from time to time. But Neo is the base.

Delighted to see it remain so strong over the last few months. I predicted €500 for ETH and €100 for Neo for 2017. I think Neo can do €400-500 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Do Binance still distribute the Gas to those holding NEO on their exchange ?

- they certainly used to, from this

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

garrettod wrote: »

More secure just to hold offline in a Neon wallet & claim from there tbh.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    More secure just to hold offline in a Neon wallet & claim from there tbh.

Yes, that's true.

But, with due respect, that wasn't my question :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Heads up for Neo hodlers, theres an Airdrop happening Tomorrow for Ontology (ONT). This is an interesting project and should be worth holding. You'll get 0.2 ONT for every NEO you have,
    I know its a bit late for non Neo holders but theres still time to buy some on Binance, but just leave them on the exchange till after the Airdrop and you'll get the ONT.
    https://medium.com/ontologynetwork/the-neo-council-airdrop-faq-4b1694928373
    https://ont.io/

Thanks,

Job done - ONT have been assigned in Binnance (no trading yet though, so no price).

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

They do, thats one of their biggest selling points aha (same to kucoin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭shinju

They do, however it is distributed monthly.
    If you hold your NEO in an external wallet then you can claim it on an ongoing basis (immediately as it is earned).

I find 03 Wallet excellent. Simply hit the "Claim" button and it's credited within 2mins or less.

03 Wallet now has ONT as a selectable option as well.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

My first installment of Gas has arrived in my Binance account, trouble and effort free.

I know an exchange is not the best place to keep valuable amounts, but I'll decide on whether or not to move it to an alternative once I decide if I'm going to retain all of my NEO or not.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I know an exchange is not the best place to keep valuable amounts

It's not, and I nearly got burned with Bitgrail and NANO, but I much prefer having stop losses in place and I'm willing to take the risk of keeping my loot on a reputable exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

i was doing some alt/btc trading on kucoin today and a result i had a profit in btc enough to buy some neo. Transffered it over to my neon wallet and got the same amount of neo twice. Anyone had this happen to them before?? I still have extra neo in my wallet as of now

Thanks for that.

My first installment of Gas has arrived in my Binance account, trouble and effort free.

I know an exchange is not the best place to keep valuable amounts, but I'll decide on whether or not to move it to an alternative once I decide if I'm going to retain all of my NEO or not.

You're better off keeping the Neo and Gas in a wallet rather than an exchange. You can claim the Gas daily if you wish. It costs nothing to transfer the Neo back to the exchange if you wish to sell.
    Also there's no guarantee Binance will support all the incoming airdrops over the next few months.
    Having a Neo wallet is as simple as going to https://neotracker.io/ and create a wallet which is nothing more than an address on the blockchain. Write down the private key, keep it safe as that is all you need to view and interact with the Wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    You're better off keeping the Neo and Gas in a wallet rather than an exchange. You can claim the Gas daily if you wish. It costs nothing to transfer the Neo back to the exchange if you wish to sell.
    Also there's no guarantee Binance will support all the incoming airdrops over the next few months.
    Having a Neo wallet is as simple as going to https://neotracker.io/ and create a wallet which is nothing more than an address on the blockchain. Write down the private key, keep it safe as that is all you need to view and interact with the Wallet

That web address appears to be offline now. Anyone know of another wallet address to hold Neo?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    That web address appears to be offline now. Anyone know of another wallet address to hold Neo?

You can view your balance at neoscan.io
    or else down load the neon wallet
    neotracker.io is doing a software upgrade and are in the process of resyncing so at the moment their block count is 6 hours behind the network

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Carol25

Has anyone here used the nep5 token exchange switcheo?
    Its seems fast since its on the neo network and has some good coins like ONT and TKY.

Carol25 wrote: »
    Has anyone here used the nep5 token exchange switcheo?
    Its seems fast since its on the neo network and has some good coins like ONT and TKY.

Haven't tried it yet but by all reports its really fast. It's an amazing tech and just shows how powerful the Neo network is, it will soon trade all the Ethereum tokens too.
    I think this is the first decentralized exchange and is going to put traditional exchanges like Binance under pressure.
    I'm not 100% au fait with the system, I do know that it is going to make Neo and Gas more valuable now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I've been using Switcheo the last while now.
    I pick up any Nep5 tokens there rather than on regular exchanges because there are no withdrawal fees.
    Also Neo and Gas is free to withdraw from Kucoin or Binance so its cheap to use switcheo.

I've mostly bought efx and switcheos own token swh off it.

• Advertisement

Mater contract token (MCT) Airdrop, holders of any of the following NEO GAS ONT APH GALA RPX get at least 1,000 MCT.
    Airdrop has already happened, blockchain still updating so balances amy not yet be correct. But no harm looking to see what you got so far.
    I don't know much about MCT but will check it out

Advertisement