Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Conceive 2016 onwards Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I’d probably skip your GP all together and go straight to a clinic. Whichever clinic you decide to go to should be able to do both yours and your partners tests.

Do you have health insurance? I know VHI offer discounts in Repromed but I never got around to going to them so I’m not sure how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Raven747

lunamoon wrote: »
    I’d probably skip your GP all together and go straight to a clinic. Whichever clinic you decide to go to should be able to do both yours and your partners tests.

Do you have health insurance? I know VHI offer discounts in Repromed but I never got around to going to them so I’m not sure how good they are.

Thank you for your advise Lunamoon
    Unfortunately we don't have health insurance, unless my EU medical card is considered as one - according to my research it's not.
    I have to admit I'm a bit confused, in my country I would see a gynaecologist for a test. Are clinics the only ones that do the tests?

Which clinic can you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

If you have a GP referral you'll save the cost of a separate consultation in a clinic. Some clinics will take you without referral but some won't. You can get many tests done pubically with a gynae which also needs a GP referral but will be free as opposed to paying for the tests privately. Where are you from? Many treatments are cheaper abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

hi guys back here again after having my first in 2016! back then it took us 2 years and on our 3rd round of clomid to conceive so im nervous about trying again, does anyone know since ive already had 3 doses of clomid can i use it again if needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

dorito92 wrote: »
    hi guys back here again after having my first in 2016! back then it took us 2 years and on our 3rd round of clomid to conceive so im nervous about trying again, does anyone know since ive already had 3 doses of clomid can i use it again if needed?

Afraid I’ve no knowledge on that.

I’m due cycle day 1 on sat. Negative test yesterday so fairly certain I’m out already which I’m some ways I’m happy with as I need an X-ray guided steroid injection in my foot and I’m on strong anti inflammatorys twice a day for the next month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MBCF11

Hi Ladies,
    I am new to this. I have stage 4 endo and we are ttc for over a year now. My cycle is between 26 and 31 days. .. before my diagnosis I always had a regular 28 day cycle. Just wondering if cycle day 30 is too late to experience implantation bleeding? Had tiny amount this morning but nothing since.

+Symptoms
    Day 30 of possible 31 day Cycle
    Fatigue
    Mucus in urine
    Cramping in the morning
    Faint line on Tesco test 2 days ago

-Symptoms
    Day 30 of cycle 26-31 days... mostly 28 days
    Temp down from 37 to 36.3 deg celsius
    Tiny bit of brownish blood on paper when I wiped this morning (no sign since)
    BFN on First Response yesterday Clear Blue today

Would love people’s opinion thanks

I think the fact that your temp has gone down shows that your period is on the way.

Don't give up hope though. Do you know when you ovulated?

BFP. I have been in a fog all day and now it’s finally sinking in I’m crying. Can’t decide if it’s happinrss or fear but gonna roll with the first for now!

Nothing different this cycle and tbh it’s easily been one of the most stressful in real life so I’m stunned

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Congrats to you both. Look after yourself and I hope you have a happy and healthy well deserved nine months. Great to see good news on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

BFP. I have been in a fog all day and now it’s finally sinking in I’m crying. Can’t decide if it’s happinrss or fear but gonna roll with the first for now!

Nothing different this cycle and tbh it’s easily been one of the most stressful in real life so I’m stunned

Delighted for you. Congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah ive been following your journey so this is lovely to hear! Hope everything goes smoothly for you this time around and that you really enjoy all the excitement!

Ah ive been following your journey so this is lovely to hear! Hope everything goes smoothly for you this time around and that you really enjoy all the excitement!

Awh thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Yay yay yay!!!! Delighted for you. Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yay!!! Brilliant news xx

Congrats mirrorwall!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

MIrrorwall I am delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CCCHIA

Congratulations Mirrorwall14!! Brilliant news xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Roma2020

Hi All,

Just looking for some advise. Myself and my partner are TTC with over a year. I am 35 and he is 37. I have PCO and went for a scan and nothing major came up, cysts are not that bad. My periods are approx 35 days apart. The doc took my hormone levels and they all seem ok, I was ovulating pre clonmid at 9, took my first 50mg of Clomid and went back for day 21 test and it had dropped to 7. Gyn then put me on 100mg of Clonmid this week so hopefully this works.

I must go for a hysterosalpingogram this week to see are my tubes blocked, my partner did a sperm sample and it came back a little low...

She said at this stage she would recommend a fertility clinic.. does that seem very fast or is there more options I can explore. I was taken back a bit, she said "just with your age and partners results I would recommend it"

Sorry its baby number 1 so I am clueless to a lot of tests etc.

I thought the very LAST route would be IVF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Fertility clinic doesn’t mean IVF straight away unless tests indicate it’s needed. I have PCOS and got pregnant on my 9th cycle of ovulation induction (first 8 were with clomid and last one was with FSH). Next step would have been IUI and then IVF. I think better to go to the fertility clinic now and start the process rather than potentially wasting another few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭LCD

Everything in the clinic takes a long long time. Considering typical cycle is give or take 30 days, you can easily take a medication & be told to wait 6 months plus to see if it works. A year passes in them in the blink of an eye.

Best go as soon as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

The fertility clinic is where the fertility experts are so don't worry - it's the best place to be. As bee06 said, a fertility clinic doesn't mean IVF there are other options that might be suitable for you to try first.

Thanks all,

I have booked my appointment for next month so at least I am heading in the right direction. If I do have to go for IUI does it require some time off? With scans etc? I live over an hours drive from the clinic so going before work wouldn't be an option and I think they would get suss if I kept asked to start late on certain days.

Any advise is welcome. I know I might not be taking that road yet.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I was luckily very local to the clinic but my GP at the time very kindly offered to re-write any absence notes I needed on her headed paper, rather than hand in a cert from the fertility clinic which would kind of give the game away at work. Never needed to do that as I was usually able to get appointments at 8am but it was nice to have one less worry heading into it.

You could pass it off as gynae investigations maybe?

I've never done IUI, so not sure how long it takes to do. Mine was just scans and meds so it was short appointments.

Got my coil out on Friday - it’s a bit of a surreal feeling really! Having withdrawal bleeding at the moment so will be interesting to see how things pan out

Thanks all, I have booked an app with RePormed in Dublin - anyone any experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Sims have an offer on for National Fertility Week for a free AMH blood test. Book by the 28th of July and they will contact to arrange a date. Check their website/ Facebook for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Sims have an offer on for National Fertility Week for a free AMH blood test. Book by the 28th of July and they will contact to arrange a date. Check their website/ Facebook for details.

More info there http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=69gsnveab&oeidk=a07efgh4d83ace76846

Got my coil out on Friday - it’s a bit of a surreal feeling really! Having withdrawal bleeding at the moment so will be interesting to see how things pan out

9 weeks later had my positive pregnancy test... absolutely crazy as it took us over 18 months to conceive our first

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

9 weeks later had my positive pregnancy test... absolutely crazy as it took us over 18 months to conceive our first

Wow! That's great news. Congratulations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend ovulation tests? I am still breastfeeding around the clock and haven’t had my period back yet.

Tried the dealz one before and found them rubbish!!

Thanks a mil
    :)

Advertisement