Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Rugby 2018

• 30-01-2018 10:26pm

Hi Gents,

So further to the discussion in the 2017 thread, I've created a poll so we can settle on an option.

There are some boardie leagues live on some these sites already, the purpose of this post is for the rest of us to make a decision on where to set up our team.

I'll close the poll on Thursday at 10:00.

Which fantasy six nations league do you want to join 18 votes

ESPN
    0% 0 votes
    SuperBru
    38% 7 votes
    Official 6N
    11% 2 votes
    Irish Times
    16% 3 votes
    Rugbypass
    33% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

ESPN for me.
    Superbru is live already and captain of pools has already sent invites to those whove played boards.ie pools before on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Is the ESPN fantasy website working ok for ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Irish Times Budget was very low (70m), but they have increased it to €100m as was very difficult to put a team together

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Set one up on the official site the other day, so gave that my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ultimately I am going to end up with a team on all three... So I guess it doesn't matter to me...

• Advertisement

So lads for whatever reason this poll isn't closing until tonight but may as well leave it run until then. It's looking like ESPN is the front runner so when the poll closes this evening we can confirm on here how to join whatever league is live.

Ok lads - finished up with ESPN in front. Does anyone have a boards friendly league up yet?

ESPN
    Irish Times
    Official 6N
    Superbru
    Rugbypass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Are there any of them running like Irish Times used to? No budgets, picking locks and centres, and added complications like that? Just pick your team with some considerations about # of players per team and things like that and work away...

🤪

Venjur wrote: »
    Ok lads - finished up with ESPN in front. Does anyone have a boards friendly league up yet?

ESPN
    Irish Times
    Official 6N
    Superbru
    Rugbypass
    superbru league has been up and running for a while.

28 competing so far

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Are there any of them running like Irish Times used to? No budgets, picking locks and centres, and added complications like that? Just pick your team with some considerations about # of players per team and things like that and work away...

ESPN at least is like that.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What one are we using?

awec wrote: »
    What one are we using?

ESPN won the draw.

Plenty seem to be on Superbru but it got no votes.

Does a moderator wan't to make an executive decision?

Thanks awec!

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

ESPN it is.

Venjur - set it up my good man.

ESPN won the draw.

Plenty seem to be on Superbru but it got no votes.

Does a moderator wan't to make an executive decision?

Thanks awec!
    use espn we can do both

awec wrote: »
    ESPN it is.

Venjur - set it up my good man.

Jaysus man, get on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Suspense was killing me, I've jumped the shark here. was making other leagues anyway. auto picked the team!

1308308-64678 boards.ie league for espn.

I'll get rid if Venjur wants to make one more officially

Scythica wrote: »
    Suspense was killing me, I've jumped the shark here. was making other leagues anyway. auto picked the team!

Nah, Venjur is dead to us now.

Scythica wrote: »

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Nah, Venjur is dead to us now.

go-to-the-kitchen-fetch-a-spoon-and-eat-my-ass.jpg

Sorry lads, been stuck on calls for the entirety of the day, just grabbing lunch now but haven't been able to spend time on the site. Thanks for setting that up, let's keep that as the league and may the best guesswork win!

I see we've Paul Kimmage on the boards espn league!

Here is the link again - 1308308-64678

You still have time. It's really easy to set up - got mine done in record time this year.

Round 1 Position 81,585

... ouch

• Advertisement

Round 1 Position 81,585

... ouch

Woo Hoo!

Overall Position 50778

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

21,414 overall not bad at all

21,414 overall not bad at all

SCORING POINTS
    Points for game actions are updated live during matches. Here is a breakdown of the points allocation:
    ACTION POINTS
    Start Match *New for 2018* 2
    Substitute Appearance 1
    Try (Forwards) 8
    Try (Backs) 5
    Become a Boards.ie mod 30

I wonder how...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

SCORING POINTS
    Points for game actions are updated live during matches. Here is a breakdown of the points allocation:

I wonder how...

Having a back three of Hogg halfpenny and Watson I think is more how it went

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Managed to get to ~6500 overall :D

Got absolutely slaughtered with one of my natwest teams though. That fantasy really rewards players for just being on the winning team, and I had no Welsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭THFC198

Thought I was in serious trouble till the England game, had Watson, Farrell and Simmonds. Just snuck into the top 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Had Halfpenny in and dropped him for Hogg. Dang. Still, just outside the top 5,000 so not a bad weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

Just inside top 5000. I switched Guirado out last minute, other than that, can't really complain about the players I picked! Was never picking Halfpenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Does anyone know if the Irish Times post results in the print edition any day?

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Irish Times post results in the print edition any day?
    They dont

Advertisement