Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 26 Transfers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Almost certainly Walcott in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Almost certainly Walcott in.

he's basically playing as a striker.

i took a risk for the Leicester game, knowing that Everton weren't really scoring, but his FPL potential, as we all know, is crazy, and he was in so many scoring positions yesterday.

i'd equate his positioning to Salah's at Liverpool, except he's obviously playing for a far less free scoring team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Son --> Walcott

Wanted rid of Son 2 weeks ago but injuries to Arnie and Sane allowed him a pass for a while longer. Not squaring the ball for a Kane tap in last night was frustrating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Yeah I'm thinking the same here. Lost out on .1 though because I didn't want to take a hit but that hit would have been well worth it with Walcott's double last night

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Id like to get Sanchez but finding it really difficult to get him. I have 0 itb.
    Adrian Ryan
    Alonso vert chilwell stones mbemba
    Salah sterling Walcott choupo rlc
    Wilson Kane aguero.
    Any suggestions I sold salah on wildcard so would get 10.2 for him . I also previously sold sterling so would get 8.8 for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Id like to get Sanchez but finding it really difficult to get him. I have 0 itb.
    Adrian Ryan
    Wilson Kane aguero.
    Any suggestions I sold salah on wildcard so would get 10.2 for him . I also previously sold sterling so would get 8.8 for him.

What are doing about Adrian and Stones?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Adrian Ryan
    Wilson Kane aguero.

I know its not what you want to hear, but I'd replace Stones with a guaranteed starter and leave it. That team is good to go.

I would not be selling either Salah or Sterling, regardless of price.

Even if you sold one of them, you will also have to get rid of either Kane, Aguero or Alonso. You could end up damaging your team.

Sanchez has low ownership so won't kill you if he hauls. There is also no guarantee he will or that Sanchez (c)+ fodder will outscore the two 'big hitters' you would sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Who to get rid of Mahrez or Son ??
    Will Mahrez be back playing anytime soon after handing in the transfer request??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Adrian Ryan
    Wilson Kane aguero.

I don't think there is a sensible move to get him tbh
    I'd sell stones or bank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

patmac wrote: »

Their move for mahrez had me wondering about this !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Did Christy to Laporte last night. No idea why. I never ever do early transfers and I have no solid reasoning, pure impulse buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looking at -4 to get rid of Mahrez (who I only signed Tuesday morning) and get Back Salah
    Mahrez - Salah
    Son - Walcott

De Gea
    Ota Mee Tomkins Gomez Ogbonna
    Walcott Salah Lingard Sterling Mili
    Kane Aguero Depoitre

Any thoughts?

Did Christy to Laporte last night. No idea why. I never ever do early transfers and I have no solid reasoning, pure impulse buy.

Any other City Defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Am I right in thinking that Mahrez has come close to leaving during the last 2 or 3 windows and has come back playing as normal pretty much each time??

Or is my subconscious trying to protect me from the horror that I brought him in for a hit last week and will now probably need another hit to get rid of him for someone half decent? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any other City Defenders?

No. Have DDG, Jones and Monreal to join Laporte with Ben Mee as rotational cover. JJ Kenny is my 5th who I'll be moving on shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

2 FTs

Adrian (Elliot)

Alonso Maguire Gomez (Mee, Mbemba)

Salah Sterling Choupo-Moting Lingard Son

Aguero Kane (Quaner)

Thinking of going

Son ---> Martial
    Gomez ---> Hegazi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anyone think Lingard might be benched.I could get in Walcott but he's playing Arsenal. Other than that I think I might hold the transfer and see how Aubameyang plays and see whats happening with Jesus.

Anyone think Lingard might be benched.I could get in Walcott but he's playing Arsenal. Other than that I think I might hold the transfer and see how Aubameyang plays and see whats happening with Jesus.

I do. Its what stopped me getting him in he is an easy scapegoat for a bad performance. I also think due to his energy its games against tougher opposition that hes more likely to play in if there was to be some rotation. Lingard against spurs mata against Huddersfield type thing. Tough one though if you own lingard as it would be hard to sell ahead of that fixture but I definetly wouldn't be getting him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I would think Walcott playing Arsenal is good thing, hes pretty much guaranteed to score

I can't wait to own Aubameyang

• Advertisement

On my own dilemma I do think I will just sell stones and not bother with Sanchez as much as I want him. Its just not the right time for the way I'm set up to get him. I have 2 of the gang aguero and Walcott back on board so ill just have to wait a short while to have my 3 favourite FF players back in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

More of a reason to get him v Arsenal - want to show them what they missed, and they aren't exactly solid at the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I do. Its what stopped me getting him in he is an easy scapegoat for a bad performance. I also think due to his energy its games against tougher opposition that hes more likely to play in if there was to be some rotation. Lingard against spurs mata against Huddersfield type thing. Tough one though if you own lingard as it would be hard to sell ahead of that fixture but I definetly wouldn't be getting him in.
    Yea it's tough one allright l.What I might do is upgrade Carroll and bring in Gundogan.Or I could roll the dice and see what happens and have 2 transfers next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Very tempted by Hazard/Alonso to Sanchez/Maguire.

Read something about Mahrez not training today, might do Mahrez to Walcott and maybe Ayew to Wilson, not sure how his game time will be affected with his brother back at swansea

Kinda surprised there is no love for KdB, given form etc, he's way ahead of Sanchez and would be easier to get into one's team,

Mahrez to KdB and maybe Rudiger to a 4.8m defender..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Kinda surprised there is no love for KdB, given form etc, he's way ahead of Sanchez and would be easier to get into one's team,

Mahrez to KdB and maybe Rudiger to a 4.8m defender..

As a recent KDB owner he's great but you're looking at Sterling and then Bilva and Dilva and thinking they are cheaper and almost as likely to score big now with Sane out

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Read something about Mahrez not training today, might do Mahrez to Walcott and maybe Ayew to Wilson, not sure how his game time will be affected with his brother back at swansea

It’s on sky. Might do Mahrez to Wallcott or Ibe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

On my own dilemma I do think I will just sell stones and not bother with Sanchez as much as I want him. Its just not the right time for the way I'm set up to get him. I have 2 of the gang aguero and Walcott back on board so ill just have to wait a short while to have my 3 favourite FF players back in my team.

Losing Salah and Vertongen looks the best way for Sanchez.

Have you considered selling Vert instead of Stones?
    He has three great fixtures in the next 6 GWs but also a likely blank and games against Liverpool and Arsenal.

TAA would be risky but has attacking upside. Francis for safety of starts and no doubt a few more that would rotate with your other three defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Have to get rid of Christensen this week. He has been on the chopping block for ages and has somehow survived til now. Not sure who to replace him with though.

Fabianski Elliot
    Otamendi Jones Christensen Mee Dunk
    Salah Sterling Groß McArthur Choupo
    Kun Kane Firmino

Thinking of going for a cheapie to free up funds for a potential Walcott/Sanchez move in a week or two.

Advertisement