Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Divinity:Original Sin 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh. Its 5:30am....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The game took me 78 hours to finish.

And then I watched the YouTube clip of the guy who did it in 38 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Cina wrote: »
    The game took me 78 hours to finish.

And then I watched the YouTube clip of the guy who did it in 38 minutes...

What the ****.

Have to take a ton of days off at the end of the year... think I'll lock myself away with this for a while :pac:

I only got as far as the boat. I got caught up in rerolling my party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I have over 200 hrs clocked up. Now I've left myself logged in most of the time so I've probably only played around half that. I'm only beginning bloodmoon isle. I've no idea how people have mowed through this in some of the times mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Just finished my first play through last night after roughly 80 hours. Skipped a load of important quests too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Is this bugged or am I missing something?

Ill put the rest in spoiler tags not to annoy anyone.
    So im the Fort Joy Dungeons and came across Kniles the Flenser.

I gave him some leg I was carrying and he gave me a face ripper in exchange for Fane.

After that he is too busy with the leg to "Notice" me?

People were telling me to expect a difficult battle? Ive escaped out the sewers anyhow, never actually getting to the castle levels.

Have I missed something or done something wrong?

Is this bugged or am I missing something?

Ill put the rest in spoiler tags not to annoy anyone.
    So im the Fort Joy Dungeons and came across Kniles the Flenser.

I gave him some leg I was carrying and he gave me a face ripper in exchange for Fane.

After that he is too busy with the leg to "Notice" me?

People were telling me to expect a difficult battle? Ive escaped out the sewers anyhow, never actually getting to the castle levels.

Have I missed something or done something wrong?

You've not done anything wrong, but to be fair - the people telling you that weren't necessarily wrong. I've never actually managed to avoid that particular fight. He's always turned on me. Good to see it's avoidable - and
    heading out by the sewers
    is pefectly OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I've just reached Arx and think I'm a bit burned out on the game. Have really enjoyed it up to here but I think it's a bit too long tbh. I'll get back to it soon but other things have really taken over my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I've just reached Arx and think I'm a bit burned out on the game. Have really enjoyed it up to here but I think it's a bit too long tbh. I'll get back to it soon but other things have really taken over my attention.

I'm in the same boat. I assume Arx is the 3rd zone which i am very close to as im almost finished in Driftwood. Haven't played in about a month but i still keep it installed as id hate to leave it unfinished.

Funny thing was, as i was playing i was thinking about all the other party set-ups and builds i would do on my second and third playthrough of the game :pac: No chance of that now as i can barely finish the first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finished in the Nameless Isle, it actually is very short compared to Act 1&2, but have burned myself out as well, not sure when I will come back to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm in the same boat. I assume Arx is the 3rd zone which i am very close to as im almost finished in Driftwood. Haven't played in about a month but i still keep it installed as id hate to leave it unfinished.

Funny thing was, as i was playing i was thinking about all the other party set-ups and builds i would do on my second and third playthrough of the game :pac: No chance of that now as i can barely finish the first

I've got bad news for you, Arx is not the third map, there's another one before it. It's much smaller/less dense than Driftwood though which certainly seems to be the largest one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Finished in the Nameless Isle, it actually is very short compared to Act 1&2, but have burned myself out as well, not sure when I will come back to this.

How many acts are in the game?

How many acts are in the game?

Three, more or less. Act 2 is the longest though, by a good bit. 3 is fairly short in comparison, but it ties off nearly everything.

Four major areas though - Fort Joy, Reaper Coast, Nameless Isle and City of Arx.

I got back into this game and I think I'm making progress in driftwood. New areas can be so daunting at first. I've definitely gone the wrong direction as I'm getting completely stomped in combat. I went another direction just to be sown up by a bunch of void-spider-scorpions. Finding it tough in this cave being separated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

im still just outside fort joy castle

I got back into this game and I think I'm making progress in driftwood. New areas can be so daunting at first. I've definitely gone the wrong direction as I'm getting completely stomped in combat. I went another direction just to be sown up by a bunch of void-spider-scorpions. Finding it tough in this cave being separated.

Not a spoiler as such, but ...
    If you have them already, and you should, use the pyramids to get your people together again.

What are good talents to pick?

In my few playthroughs with various people, I usually try to have one with Pet Pal, handy for some quests.

I'm no expert mind you, so take this as personal preference.

For my tank / two hander / dude who takes damage:
    - comeback kid: free res when you die, basically.
    - Opportunist - all the time. Requirement for melee characters for me - serious damage boost.
    - Picture of Health - if you're investing in warfare, this one is a no brainer.
    - Living Armor (sometimes) - keeps your magic armor up.

Mages:
    - Far Out Man - increases the range at which you can fire off spells.
    - Mnemonic - so you can memorise all the spells.
    - Savage Sortilege - get crits on magic usage.

Ranger:
    - Executioner: great for stringing together kill streaks from range.

I also often take All Skilled Up (+1 combat and 1 civil ability point) and Bigger and Better (+2 attribute points) if nothing else is tickling my fancy.

Cheers, I haven't picked one talent yet... every time I see that long list it puts me off..

• Advertisement

Ah, they really do improve a character's usefulness no end.

I feel like I've lost my way a bit in Reeaper's Coast. I've been everywhere on the map. I have the 3 source points (and a few extra). I have a short list of quests to finish but none seem to get me out of the area.

Have you gone to the Bloodmoon Island? Top left, all red. Through a sea of Deathfog.
    There's also a reasonably large underground bit in the bottom right of the map, Blackpit mines I think it's called. That's a fairly large story point there, if I recall correctly?

Have you gone to the Bloodmoon Island? Top left, all red. Through a sea of Deathfog.
    There's also a reasonably large underground bit in the bottom right of the map, Blackpit mines I think it's called. That's a fairly large story point there, if I recall correctly?

Yeah been to both those places. Haven't done everything on Bloodmoon island yet. The fight just before the blackpit mines was tough. The apprentice on the gallows didn't survive because he kept running around on necro fire and I couldn't heal him quick enough. No way am I doing that fight again!

Weird, what quests have you left in your list?

Weird, what quests have you left in your list?

Quite a lot. I just realised I never went back to the boat. Surely that's how you get to the next area.

Have around 15 open quests ... I'd like to move on though. Its annoying that there is no option to travel back to an area afterwards.

Some of them do carry over, but some obviously don't. Maybe a quick google might tell you which to finish off and which you can leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Not much of a gamer so do not post on this forum often :)

About to read this thread from start to finish now, as me and two work mates just bought this game last night and installed it. Going to start tonight and pick our characters.

Think we are going to aim for having one Tank, one Mage type, and one roguey rangery type of some description. And I guess for the first (possibly only) playthrough we will go with origin characters. There is 6 origin characters right? Any of them truely boring or terrible? None of us seem THAT inclined to be the Dwarf but what is he like? In LOTR films the dwarfs are usually the focus of much of the humor so be sad to miss out on any good dialogue for not picking him.

Mage type will be me almost certainly. I take it there is an undead origin character, and a woman one that are both of this type. The other 4 not. Any strong pros and cons either way between those? I am reading playing undead is fun but just overall harder and more complex. So I might go for the easier option. But again fearing missing out the funnier dialogue and stories.

Anyway will start reading this thread now (which might answer some of these Qs) but thought I would make this post first as will be starting the game in about 4 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

So the Definitive Edition of this is out next Month,i thought it was worth a Bump,plus maybe could move this thread to The General Gaming one? (dunno how to go about getting that done though)

Cant wait to play this again on the PS4,its fair to say Larian once again have gone all out on this update,which is freee if you own the pc version already

oJx7P3

Advertisement