Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Day off for death of sitting President Of Ireland?

Options
  • 31-01-2018 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi, probably rubbish but I seem to remember reading it a while back but cant find anything about it online. If a sitting Irish president dies is there a day off work for it? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hi, probably rubbish but I seem to remember reading it a while back but cant find anything about it online. If a sitting Irish president dies is there a day off work for it? Thanks

You know something we dont?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

If there is, can you make it a long weekend. Friday or Monday is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Hitman3000 wrote: »

My preference is Monday.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

I would assume a national day of mourning would take place. I would also guess that this would be the day of the funeral.

As for a day off I would assume we would get a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

So now that is all worked out, who is going to take him out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hitman3000 wrote: »

Surely with a username like that you can take him out accordingly :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Closing this thread as it is not suited to this forum.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement